Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

On my evening walk there has been a mushroom that's appeared over the past week, hidden mostly behind a tree, and it's grown in a phenomenally quick way. In about a week it went from barely visible in the ground to a foot high and a foot wide, fascinating thing.

Walked out tonight and wanted to take a few pics of it, and some absolute sh*tebag had kicked the whole thing apart and scattered the pieces all over the place. W*nkers.

Fungus based TA :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Fancied a coke after my workout, entered the shop only to find a big collection of teens over at the refrigerators about 12… blocking every fridge door and having an animated discussion in their native tongue whist looking into the fridges…

I’ve a mouth like Moses’s flip flop anyway as I stand there patiently for what must have been at least 3 minutes where fridges are opened, closed, drinks taken, put back… animated gestures are proffered and I’m about to faint, great… eventually I forego manners and decorum as no consideration is being offered for me despite being in their eye line and a couple of them looking quizzically towards me almost as if to say.. “ I wonder what yer man wants ?“… a fücking drink you asswipe,.. And I just barrel my way fridgewards out of pure impatience without apology…. Or all that much care for their safety… it must be said. Pricks. On my exiting of the self service till area several are blocking me by trying to access the till machines by entering at the ‘exit’ until the manager lets an aggressive roar…. A bit fed up would describe his demeanour...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Cheery generated voice answers my call, goes into its speal about how that service will be discontinuing from x of x month, but they have a snazzy new easy to use app which can do the same job safely!

Mmmm I feel my worth as a customer demising because I'm hopeless with numbers, added to that being from a family with various sld's, I'm going to be unwantedly busy trying to sort out their issues as well(most of which are more easily dealt with by speaking to an actual person)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Mine for today is.. PEOPLE .. as usual

In argos... fill in my slip.. over to till.. pay.. get my receipt... just before I get to the collection desk a moron runs in and proceeds to engage the person at the collection desk with rapid fire questions about a motoring accessory.

Most normal people just go up to the customer service/tills if they need help but three clients.. one of which is me.. end up standing around for 5 minutes or the guts thereof, looking at our stuff on the shelf waiting for us....while the hyper freak oddball fires random questions at the too polite staff member who hardly has a chance to draw breath.. but is face into her computer ... but we could certainly have removed the breath from the inconsiderate prick

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Advertisement

I've also heard about being considerate to others around you.. as well as not critiquing or going against the TA of posters..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Feckin bluebottles

Just when you come inside for a cup of tea and leave the door open for some fresh air you're greeted with

a-WomWomWomWomWomWomWomWomWomWomWomWom Bzzzzt. Then the incessant bashing into a closed window wakes up another one. Then you open said window and they refuse to escape. So the only real option is to fry them with the electric fly swatter which leaves a graveyard of corpses around the place and there's an infinite supply of new bluebottles outside to take their place.

Such a nuisance you cant leave the door open on the few nice days of the year !

I had a few people staying over last weekend, when they left I could only find a **** phone charger for my phone so presumed someone had taken mine, now I'm just after finding my one ,plugged in the utility room and I remember that I had it there as was connected to a speaker outside, so now I have 2 chargers...I might have kinda accused someone jokingly of taking mine, do I say nothing or admit I was wrong. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Advertisement

TA, the word in my post had 5 letters and was replaced with 4 ****.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Two weeks of news on TV about one day of the year being the hottest ever.

What next, newsflash for loudest fart?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Tshirts with lines of text on them that are meant to be funny. Classless

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I've eventually started watching The Wire (on Now). The annoying thing is that before every episode, there's a warning "This programme contains strong and frequent language from the offset".

I know it's pedantic but it should be "This programme contains strong language frequently" or better again, just "This programme contains strong language". It just sounds like it has strong language but also frequent language.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Weird things happening with my WhatsApp, messages arriving hours after they have been sent and some of them delivering multiple messages which are both late and arriving at the same time.

Nothing concrete online about this and the ta is.... their cs keep telling me its a connectivity issue(its not) and give me a load of very helpful ideas on next steps but so far after asking 3 times no answer to the question I asked at the start. If I uninstall or update my WhatsApp app will I lose my contacts.

So freaking NOT in the mood for this running around a straightforward question.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA the gaff I'm currently in, woke this morning to get my wallet, felt for my house key and couldn't find it. I realise I done a laundry the day before and washed my other jeans, always keep the key in the hip pocket. So now will have to check washing machine and dryer to see if it pops there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

You've awoken the pedant in me now! "Frequent strong language" would be the most grammatically correct way for them to put it.

Is Dominic West in that? He's one of my TAs, with his weird giant face. He looks like Cro Magnon man or something.

Wasn't he also doing the dirt on his wife with lily James?

Just to boost your TA a little ☺️

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Listening to Americans arguing.

You have a good day

NO YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY

Annoying and hilarious at the same time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

In fairness you'd wouldn't blame a man for that now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Wife or not if you get a chance with Lilly James you'd be mad not to take it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭sporina

traffic.. i know i am also "traffic".. annoying none the less ... grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People who say 'simples' should be beaten to within an inch of their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Grown adults tying themselves into knots over how to handle the most mundane, everyday scenarios.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The re-emergence of big glasses (spectacles) . They look awful on everyone. I'm long overdue an eye test and new script. I hope I can still get small frames. I'd rather squint my way through life than look like Deidre Barlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Agree with you. I had the big glasses first time round. In Specsavers recently it felt like being in a timewarp. Now with the trend for 70's style clothing, I want to go and hide until it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I've a friend who gets more negative by the day. Nothing or anyone is ever right and she actually has nothing to complain about. No family, health or money worries, just dismal. The glass is always half empty and I have no found no way to change her view on life. Others in our circle of friends feel the same.

It is such a shame as she is very generous and giving and a loyal friend.

Made the decision today to avoid meeting her one to one. She drags my mood so low that I need to dilute the way she affects me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭sporina

when you go to a different supermarket to your usual one and you don't know where anything is lol.. grr

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement