Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France: ITT is so uninteresting no one put up a thread AFAIK

Options
  • 23-07-2022 3:21pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Did I miss the thread? My internet is patchy so wondered if anything of interest happened / is happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Nothing major so far to be honest, Ganna in the lead and Wout is currently gunning it and predicted to be a couple seconds ahead at the time check. Kung and Bissenger took it relatively handy, Bissenger had some issues with his gears

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

22 seconds ahead the last time my internet worked for WVA

• Registered Users Posts: 13,380 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Looks like WvA will set the fastest time... not sure if anyone will beat him.

Great performance by Fred Wright. Currently has the third fastest time.

The new TT sensation Bauke Mollema is currently on the road and looks like he will produce a good time.

Have to say I throughly enjoyed watching Fred yesterday and was disappointed he didn't make it.

WVA 28 seconds ahead now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Wiggins seems to be an even bigger tool today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭happytramp

Kimmage adding another few paragraphs as we speak.

impossible, you cannot be more than 100% a tool. I imagine it is a perspective thing. Maybe he is closer to you today, and therefore appears a bigger tool but is actually still just 100% a tool.

Going to make a bold prediction and say that Pog will be tight making it into the top 5 for the stage today.

Such a long course and a right killer at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭happytramp

So dropped Pog yesterday, wins the TT today and he'll probably win the sprint tomorrow.

Edit - or did I speak too soon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Thinking maybe Jonas is going balls out at the start and negative split in the end, to build up a buffer just in case anything happens and not to panic

He is certainyl not sitting up anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭bmc58

A fantastic race between two super stars of the future.You missed a classic Tour de France.

Have to say Thomas is putting in a solid performance, in the past his performance over the tour would have been a yellow jersey winner, even without the Sky train.

Which is absolutely mental when you consider Martinez and Yates were said to be the leaders going into the tour. Including Bernal, he was probably 4th choice as a leader for this tour.

Some time from him there

I’d imagine the jumbo DS is currently screaming down the radio telling him to slow down

Wout congratulates him and thens run away to ball his eyes out 😂

You have to be some arsehole of a photographer to be shouting “Jonas here” when the man’s embracing his partner and kid after winning the TdF

• Registered Users Posts: 29,379 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

So the yellow and green and polka dot jerseys go to TJV... I wonder when last time that happened to same team and with different riders?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Great thread title!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Jumbo Visma.....I want to believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Dunno if there was anything that extraordinary? WvA and MvP have been ripping up the road since they moved from CX. WvA probably did more in the mountains from the GC group in 2020, where as this year he was pulling after going as a satellite. Apart from satellite riders, Jonas was pretty isolated in the mountains.

If anything, UAE out of nowhere to Peyragudes was more eyebrow raising than the team with the biggest budget, best riders, best equipment etc. performing all tour.

Advertisement