Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

A good gauge of the public is the thread on here which is a discussion about the removal of cash. It is not "making waves". The discussion is about should we get rid of cash or not, not about the government. That is what the population are talking about. I will say again, fake account on twitter is not a view of the public

The spin on this thread is hilarious when every little thing that happens in Ireland is spun as the biggest disaster ever and then second later, the next thing is the biggest disaster ever

IT was like the poor men from Syria in the hotel, that lasted as the biggest disaster ever for about 20 mins, then move on. Horrible carry on really.

It might be an idea, just an idea, to stop over reacting to every single news story because when a real big news story does arrive everyone will ignore. If you haven't worked it out yet, that's what is happening in Ireland. A lot of people are sick of the same faux outrage over everything....its all just noise now.

I doubt you will listen but said I would mention

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

FF FG vote share has fallen from the heady heights of 86% to what it is now and looks like it is going to fall further.

They seem determined to carry on as they are which only means one thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

It is no surprise that the crony coalition thought that AIB would get away with it. It was only when their own seats and political careers were in danger that they made it seem like they were taking action. That stroke with political party lotteries and fundraising showed that the FF stereotype is not dead yet. SF would need to be closing on the mid 40s in terms of opinion poll support for a majority government. With the opinion polls, it is very difficult to estimate constituency level support as these are national polls. FF's best option would be to walk from government now before the real cost of living problems kick in in the Autumn with the increased fuel prices.

There seems to be a real FF and wannabe FGer (Martin and his gang) split developing in FF. The real FFers need something major on which to break with FG. Getting the budget passed could be a major opportunity for the real FF element and a major problem for the FG/wannabe FG/Greens. The other aspect is that the Green fanaticism over culling the national herd is going to lead to a reduction in FF/FG seats unless some way of sidelining the Greens can be found before the cabinet meeting next week.

Regards...jmcc

The problem was that FF and FG both changed. FF was completely wired in to Irish society at a constituency level due to its cumann system. When Ahern and Cowen decided to move candidate selection to FFHQ, it destroyed a lot of that. But the worst self-inflicted wound was breaking the dual mandate thing with councillors also allowed to be TDs. The councils were the spawning ground for TDs. After that, the wannabe TDs and hasbeen TDs were confined to the Seanad. FG also had a problem with paper membership.

Labour could always be relied upon to sell out its voters in order to get into government. FF and FG understood this. Labour did it one time too many in 2011. A lot of the large employers of the 1970s and 1980s also disappeared so the old union support became less and less. Labour eventually became a YATSE party (Yet Another Teacher Seeking Election). It didn't have the diversity of professions that other parties had. It also depended on transfers from FF or FG to get its candidates elected. Without those transfers, its candidates didn't get elected. SF has moved in on the Left of centre votes that had been abandoned by Labour and now it is moving on the centrist votes that were once a mix of soft and hard FF votes. FF has shifted to the Right. It is now competing with FG and Labour for the Right of centre vote. Labour may claim to be progressive and woke but look at how it gleefully imposed Austerity and attempted to impose the Water Tax. Ironically, had Labour stayed out of government in 2011, it might have been as well supported as SF is now. But the Stickeis pension tourists were too interested in ministerial salaries and pensions.

The only thing that could save FF and FG now is if they merge. As a single party, they could gather enough support to be a viable party. That would create a sort of Left/Right axis in Irish politics. The problem is that there would be a lot of political careers ended in FF and FG. The biggest difference between the time FF/FG were on 86% and now is that FF/FG has lost control of the media and the Web and Social Media makes it far more difficult to control the narrative even with meatbots and shills. Most people no longer buy a daily newspaper but FF/FG seem to think that they do. It is why they largely ignored the rise of the Web and Social Media until it was too late.

Regards...jmcc

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A number of posts deleted

Please stick to the topic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

FG, FF or Labour aren't close to be right wing. They're all pro immigration, pro welfare and woke. They're pro capitalism which is about the only right wing thing that FG and FF have got going.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I would have thought FG are not pro Welfare at all , you can almost see Leo , Getting Queasy at even mentioning SW 🤔

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Look at Labour's pro-immigration stance in economic terms. It creates a supply of people for low-paying jobs and ensures that there is more competition for these jobs. It also allows Labour to virtue signal. One of the mainstays of Left political thought has been the negative effect of immigration on competition for jobs and resources. FF/FG's wokeness is merely looking votes. They'll support anything that will get them elected.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Great post jmcc. I do love a trip down memory lane. Gilmore led Labour very badly after the 2011 GE. He did get his own EU job though.

I hope that FF and FG merge but I doubt it will happen now. Leo ensured the division.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Pro Welfare? If you say the government is pro welfare what do you call the opposition

Woke? Maybe explain?

Pro immigration? Why are you against immigration?

• Advertisement

I mean under their governance, welfare has expanded massively here. They might claim theyre the party for the people who get up in the morning but their actions say otherwise.

Every party that the Stickies infiltrated collapsed at the polls. These people weren't Labour. The problem was that Labour was filled with people who didn't realise that politics was changing and thought that the 2.5 party model would continue. (It is also why the SocDems should not even consider a merger or electoral pact with Labour.) FG might have to consider getting rid of Varadkar as he has lost seats for FG. The real resistance to an FF/FG merger will come from the backbenchers who may lose their seats in a single party.

Regards...jmcc

Id say the opposition are also pro welfare and we don't have a right wing party. We've got parties that are left of centre and far left.

Woke - likes of Varadkar, McEntee, Harris etc are very woke tbf. I've nothing against abortion, gay marriage etc but that's generally associated with right wing parties. FG are mainly in favour of socially liberal policies so just another example of them not being right wing.

For immigration, we don't have enough resources to go around the existing population so adding more people is just stupid. Open immigration is just a bad idea for this country. It should be skilled immigration only and not more Deliveroo drivers or people coming for welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

It was Robert Troy (FF) on Newstalk earlier blaming officials.

AIB cashless debacle raises 'concerns' over senior officials - Troy | Newstalk

A Minister of State says the first he heard about AIB going cashless at 70 branches was on the news.

Fianna Fáil TD Robert Troy was speaking amid reports that Government was told about the plan four days before it was announced.

He told Down to Business he was not privy to any such advance information.

"I certainly didn't know about it - the first I heard about it was when it was reported on the news.

"But it does raise concerns that senior officials knew about it and didn't think it was their place to inform their management, which is their ministers.

"That gives rise to, I suppose, a concern of how senior public service [sic] maybe carries out their duty if they don't feel that it is important to relay key information such as AIB - who we are the major shareholder in - taking a decision to... go cashless in 70 branches."

He says the situation was handled "appallingly bad and it showed no regard for their customers in terms of the lack of engagement or consultation".

------------------

Those words may well come back to haunt him next week.

Where oh where oh where is Paschal...? ☺️

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Just away from #aibgate, briefly.

interesting analysis re affordability for the average price of a 3 bed semi in Dublin, I actually believe the Price for such a property in Dublin is way higher but nonetheless interesting.

The cost of living has increased in ireland, the minimum wage has increase and that is what happens in every developed country. You can’t decide then to just leave the unemployed to starve to death.

If you don’t want to increase social welfare then decrease the minimum wage.

unemployment is very low.

Look at the opposition would would prefer to ruin the MNC in ireland and end up with huge unemployment

I would prefer to look at the unemployment cheats and also the children allowance which is used as some as wages and not for their children.

Woke: “alert to injustice in society, especially racism”

So not sure you have the right word for what you describe as an issue. You are also talking about FG, one of 3 parties.

In regards immigration the Ukraine people coming in is an emergency. In regards to deliveroo drivers, if the jobs are not available then they won’t get hired. Fact is most Irish won’t work in these jobs anymore and prefer to sit on the dole. So saying you won’t have immigration for jobs like that will ground the country to a halt.

The immigration for welfare does happen, but we have a far bigger issue with Irish than foreign people. Yes we do have skilled workers coming in, but like my company they are targeted overseas and brought to ireland. But then the same can be said of low skilled workers like Keeling do, do you want to stop that and shut down keelings? Because after all the uproar the last time they still can’t get Irish to work for them…..

Yet houses in Dublin are selling and we have a shortage , with recent reports showing the majority are going to people and not companies etc

As I have said the biggest issue is supply. Maybe if parties would stop blocking houses in the Dublin area that might reduce the price as supply increases…..so are you onto your local TD and party you support to make sure they are not blocking houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Well when you look at their housing policies, tax payer funded rent is how the REITs make off of their investments. The 25 year leases and the public living in rentals they couldn't afford without state aid. That makes welfare and state subsidies necessary to keep the investment funds in the money, so FG/FF supporting welfare, the cash cow, makes sense. They are as right wing as is allowed in Ireland. Too right IMO. We need a government who puts the tax payer first and doesn't milk them.

They recently voted against sanctions on the monies of Putin and his oligarch lackies. Private enrichment and the public can go do something to themselves, thats pretty right.

• Advertisement

Is that the best you could find?

So what’s the plan not educate the kids? 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Irelandsnumberone

So some objections to housing are ok. SF and the opposition are objecting to housing for good reasons aswell.

Thanks for clarifying objections are OK though

They're not right wing at all. They're left of center and populist.

A right wing party in this country would be against our open border policies, against expanding our welfare and current spending, and against pro tax cuts. That's not FG at all.

Not sure why anyone would complain when the department of education is blocking because they can't give children education.

You do understand the department of education is not a political party??

From reading the article, it seems most parties agreed with the decisions

Maybe you can explain why the government, or anyone, should disregards the advice of a Department?

Oh i agree objections to housing is fine once the objection has merits. Just glad you agree the opposition objection to certain housing is ok

We can move on now from you saying contact the opposition any time housing is mentioned

Here is a list: https://thisinterestsme.com/irish-politicians-objections/

All parties involved.

So as I said contact your local TD/Party and ask them to stop blocking houses. Plenty of example of houses blocked for no good reasons

No I won't move on. It is valid to ask opposition supporters to contact their TD/party the same as I am contacting mine.

Just because you don't like it pointed out to you that the opposition would prefer to make the housing crisis worse is not really a concern for me.

No sign of a RedC poll on the Business Post front page. It does have a story about Martin possibly facing a heave.

https://twitter.com/businessposthq/status/1550933784287232004/photo/1

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

They put private business above the wellbeing of the public and welfare is there so their friends have tenants. They created a sweet deal quango when we were beginning our generational debt.

• Advertisement

The Greens will be delighted the farmers win this round too

Advertisement