Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

Wishing Brian best wishes . He brought discipline and success to his team's.

Winning Leinster was always his first target and he didn't believe in the back door system.

Many candidates will come forward to take over , but I believe the King is destined for this job , and his county come calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Marrooned

Why are others getting involved with these assholes ignore them don’t react and let the rest of us continue with the discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭WJL

On a gaa forum where everyone else has named their county you can't keep discussing other counties, with any shred of credibility or honesty without saying where you're from.

Otherwise you're just trolling or a WUM.

In Kilkenny we respect other counties. What makes you so special that you can comment that Kilkenny won't win an All Ireland for years and be so cowardly not to say where you're from?

You want to be able to slag and put down and retain this status above association with a county. Have your cake and eat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Rosita

Why does nominating your county give you increased credibility? From what I can see it's just a springboard to abuse people as you expertly displayed earlier when you under another of your delusions (in that case that I was from Tipperary). Same when you decided I was from Cork. Respect other counties my eye. You like to put that out there but the mask quickly slips when things aren't going your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Best of luck to Brian whatever he goes on to do. He has been the best there ever was. I'm just a little surprised in that he managed to turn our play around a good bit in the last few games but as was always the case with him it was ultimately Brian's decision.

I've had the pleasure of attending nearly all league and championship matches under his stewardship and he's been incredible for the county. What he's done will never be equalled. Thanks for the memories Brian.

Looking forward to seeing where the interest will come from and aside from the names mentioned earlier there may be 1 or 2 surprise names coming into the hat. Obviously it's more than likely it will be a kilkenny man but we wait and see.

The basis is there with a strong panel and hopefully the strides we made with our play in the last few games will be continued with.

For the 1st time in many years we're in this position so hopefully we take our time to appoint his successor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭C__MC

Legend of the game.

I just wish he had adapted quicker to modern hurling post 2015. Hell be disappointed not to have picked up number 12.

A great manager all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭blackcard

I heard Michael Fennelly on the radio today talking about his management style. Didn't communicate too much with players on an individual basis but he could say a few words before a match which made Michael feel 7 foot tall. I heard Tommy Walsh say that Cody used to say to him 'go out and own that pitch'. Whatever Cody had, he had huge motivational powers but kept his distance from the players generally

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Anita22

You can conduct yourself with some bit of manners.

You sound like a 90 year old contrary biddy. You'd fight with your shadow.

As Tommy Tiernan would say I think you need a good rid.. riddance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Henry wont get offered this job not now not ever going on what Ive heard

Ah stfu already no one cares

We all name our county, if you slag another county the poster should know where you come from. Respect develops among posters of integrity. You're not one of those.

Your nasty comment about this not being a country for old people naturally meant people would take a swipe at you. Regardless of where you're from you say a lot of mean spirited stuff. You're not in the least likeable.

You got very light Cork slagging. The Tipp 6 all irelands in 50 years exposed your fallacy of saying Cody didn't win in his last 7. The fallacy of not providing context. How well he did with a weaker side.

The main things in life are going my way Thank God. Health, good family and friends. I'm content, and proud of where I come from. Happy to have had Brian Cody manage my county so successfully for so long.

You've exposed your character here over the last few hours. It hasn't been pretty. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Not really. Cody couldn't win in 8 years, I doubt the next guy in won't win it for along time either. 2022 was the chance and that will be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

The way Kilkenny are going they will reach 18 before they know it. Nobody they get in will be as good or as tough as Cody.

Can you point of the post where I said it was no country for old people? Page 134 is the relevant place - just follow the thread back. It's one thing to be a buffer. It's another try to manifest your county loyalty through absolute one-eyed prejudice and bias. And another again to be too quick on the draw and a bit too lazy in your research to read back the thread a few posts to see the origin of a post (which did not name Brian Cody or mention the word 'old') You are in good company here on all those. But it is quite another to repeatedly lie about an imaginary comment.

Especially when you have the nerve without a hint of self-awareness to talk about exposition of character despite repeating a lie two or three times.

'There'll be little here for people his age in the next while.'

What has his age got to do with anything?

What do you mean there's little to do for over 65s here?

If you have family, grandchildren you have everything.

That's a put down of yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Savage performance by the camogie women. Outrageous quality in their tackling and defending

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Congrats to the ladies. Great to see what it means to them and the management

Cork more likely to hit 28. Bet home in the final last year. Weedy little players.

Go home. Wherever that is. Every subsequent post gets more bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭blackcard

Could have gone either way but great fight by the Kilkenny girls, really put their bodies on the line in the second half

• Advertisement

Just curious, where do you think I meant that Brian Cody was going travelling? (I'm giving up on the possibility that you'll actually source the origin of the stuff I replied to and who it was actually about.)

Even pointing out where I mentioned over-65s would do.

Would you just quit with your measly words. We all saw what you said about their being little in the country for people of his age. You're a liar aswell as nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

To be fair, that comment was in direct response to talk of Carey going travelling, I don't know why everyone has decided it concerned Cody.

That poster has posted more than enough nonsense today to take shots at without people imagining some anti-old people prejudice

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Karen 1988

He probably gets out more than you, wouldn't be as familiar with being in watching netflix every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Comerman

I don't often comment on here because I love reading the excellent analysis and comments. I'm a proud Kilkenny/Comerman and wish Brian and his family all the best and thank him for his commitment to Kilkenny hurling over such a long time BUT can people please ignore Rosita be it a man woman child whatever they identify as they have fuckall to add. The old saying "if you ignore them long enough they'll go away'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

• Registered Users Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

People decided it concerned Cody because one person misinterpreted and then everyone followed sheep-like. Tells quite a lot about the general mentality around here and the hostility to anyone with a mind of their own. Gets to a point where when it's ignored for long enough that it can be regarded as lies. But one genius is even accusing me of lying about it. Remarkable but predictable. Nothing I would not expect here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

The best manager ever seen. He's immortal for hurling fans.

A born winner.

His motivational workshops are incredibly interesting, they show his mindset and outlook. Intimidating and articulate. Exactly the type of man you would follow into battle.

Always nostalgic when something like this is confirmed, almost a year to the day since Canning retired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Comerman

Advertisement