Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

horrible morning here in Meath, wet, rain muck. Next weekend is going to be a close shave between things becoming cool and unsettled or high pressure taking control from the azores. The GFS 00z has first week of August as a write-off with the conveyer belt back in business. Since this is August, my money is on the write-off instead of a push from the azores. Still time for the GFS to flip to a much dryer and warmer scenario.

Post edited by Gonzo on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Heavy rain in waterford at the moment. Badly needed, the leaves are starting to drop from the trees around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭alentejo

Cloudy but warm in Dublin..passes the tee shirt test

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

It's warm here in Meath too but the temperature it's a bit of a waste with wind, mist and drizzle. Hopefully the cloud and rain will clear soon and if the sun shines it could feel fairly warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

A lot of invisible rain on that radar. It is raining in most spots but the radar has virtually all the country clear. 3 to 6pm is going to be 20 or 21c in Sligo today and I'd well believe it as its 18c now but wet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Warm and lots of burst of intervals of showers all morning. Meath. Radar looks to clear now for few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Filthy misty humid warm day today in Cork, the rain is badly needed anyway so ud get over it.

Going to try and update the FI thread soon about the Bank Holiday weekend, however there is really no clear trend as the models are not in agreement. GFS looks cool and unsettled. ECM looks warm and settled. GEM somewhere in the middle. Will wait for the 12z models to see is next weekend and beyond looking any clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

21 degrees at Shannon despite the cloud

EINN 231100Z 16014KT 9999 SCT018 BKN030 21/18 Q1009 NOSIG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Feeing very warm in the sunshine in south Dublin. Humidity is high and 21C but feels more like 24C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Mist wind rain -Cork

Filthy

A downpour here at Dunshaughlin, a filthy day indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Warm and sunny here in South West Dublin, blowing a gale though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Really can't say I share the enthusiasm others have been talking about for this month. The first two weeks in Donegal were a complete write off and the past 12 days I've spent in Dublin have just been overcast and windy. Even the hot days were mostly grey and yesterday while one of the nicer days still had a chilly breeze and plenty of cloud.

Not a bad couple of weeks by any means but definitely hasn't given me the impression of a month that'll go down as a classic summer month.

12 hour radar. Some parts that need it most missing out. Image at bottom won’t delete( I hate this site)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wicklow mountains doing their usual job here in a SW wind - nice clear skies to the lee of the mountains giving warm sun , feeling very humid though. Currently 22.7C in Loughlinstown.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

22c in Sligo again today but misty and cloudy 9th day over 20c in July after 2 in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Uncomfortably warm and humid here in S. Dublin. Nearby Churchtown station reading 25.7C with 67% humidity. Seems high compared to the met Dublin stations but it certainly feels it.

a windy damp drizzely day here in Meath, no sunshine at all. At least it's warm 23C. If the sun would come out for any length of time could easily reach 25C.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Could well believe it. 25c earlier on car thermo on M50 near Dundrum (and near my old home!). 19.6c here in Greystones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Most likely the south County Dublin microclimate which is most evident in Tm airmass? That’s my opinion anyway.

23.5c on the other side of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Wasn't expecting such a wet day in Cork, misty since this morning with some heavy bursts at times, totals aren't anything special but a very unpleasant day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭HBC08

Lovely day in Westport/Castlebar up until about 4pm when the rain came.

Warm and sunshine breaking through up until then.

Just heard thunder, gotten very dark. Edit- Torrential rain for 15 minutes now cleared. Just see 1 strike on the lightning radar.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

heavy rain again here in Meath, today is pretty much a write off, the worst day of weather we have had since June.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Torrential rain. Awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Windy too which I hate. Meanwhile a look at our European counterparts shows a glorious summer sunny evening.

Issued: 18:22 (UTC+1) on Sat 23 Jul 2022

Yellow - Rain Warning for Antrim, Fermanagh, Tyrone, Derry

A spell of heavy rain lasting three or four hours is expected to move northeastwards this evening. The heaviest rain is expected in northern and western parts where as much as 20 to 40 mm of rain could fall in a few places, perhaps accompanied by the odd rumble of thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Plenty of rain here in Carrick, well needed too but I'd say Eastern areas still gonna end with a rather dry july

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Only 12mm recorded here in the south with 10mm of that at the start of the month. The rain has missed us yet again last night and this morning

Advertisement