Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray Air Display 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Park at Greystones and get the DART north to Bray, there'll be much less congestion than coming from Dublin direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Thanks lads, We'll head to greystones. Hopefully the weather is fine

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Just be aware the King of Greystones triathlon is on today/this morning so Greystones not that quiet/parking not bountiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭marvin42

I'm Housebound due COVID :-( . Can I see the Bray Air Display on TV or www?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

So what’s the story with the viggen, is it here yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A steady 15 knots at Casement at 10am

EIME 240900Z 21015KT 9999 BKN021 SCT070 20/14 Q1006

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Wind doesn't seem that strong, but quite gusty in our back garden here in Bray at about 50m ASL at the moment.

• Was out at Bray yesterday, hoping to see some practice, but nothing much in evidence when I was around. I did manage to get trip on the helicopter doing quick rounds of the bay. They had been concerned about the winds and the chopper was late leaving Galway, arriving when winds were a bit more certain, especially as Bray Head is where the refuelling and landing pad is and the wind sock had been spiralling around its pole quite a bit. It was fairly gusty up in flight, probably the bumpiest chopper flight I’ve been on.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I do agree. The website is awful.

And the misleading phrasing of "July 23-24th".

Ehy not call the weekend the "Bray summer fest", with the airshow on day 3?

Even to have a list with images of the confirmed participants would be an improvement.

Looking at it past night, the only 2 acts listed were Silver Swallows and Red Arrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭moonshy2022

Ignore what’s happening now with the weather, it’s 3 hours from now that determines what happens. Fingers crossed the wind stays below 20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,243 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Have to say getting through Bray grid lock and the lack of facilities and everything always put me completely off this going to this show when it's on.

I remember going to Farnborough and there were shuttle buses from very parks all running like clockwork and I think there was timetable if events. I know that's more like an industry show. But I don't remember shows at fairyhouse or baldonnel being as hard to get access to as bray. Perhaps that's because theres a far bigger audience at shows in Bray than in the past. Bray seems to have traffic grid lock fairly often on normal days. I no longer have the patience for it. (Lazy I guess).

I hope it goes well for those who make the effort and it's great to see all aircraft they got into the show. Should be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Trying to decide whether to go out to this or not today - weather is lovely at the moment in Dublin 5, but looks like rain & wind forecast for later this afternoon in Bray

Spitting rain in Bray. Low cloud.

Wind seems pretty strong (can't see any wind socks to judge it)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Few drops of rain in the air up the road in Loughlinstown and quite breezy, hope the weather doesnt spoil it all.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Peckham

I beside the seafront. Heavy shower just now, but little wind at the moment.

view towards bray head from my back garden right now - very low clouds, not too windy

Silver Swallow expected to open the show. According to Air Corps members here

Not much rain expected but the cloud cover looks low and dense

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Cloud seems to be clearing from the south at the moment here. All in all it seems like a very variable weather situation with periods where it's quite heavily overcast, and right now with blue skies and scattered cloud.

I wonder whether the running order might get jigged around to ensure the main attractions, i.e. Red Arrows and BBMF get a decent weather slot?

Air Corps Echo 271 heading out around Bray now. checking out the cloud base etc id imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭test account 123

Was driving North bound on the M50 about 40 mins ago, got on at Leopardstown and mother of God the traffic is backed up heading Southbound from Dundrum exit. Why oh why would you drive to something like this. Drive to where you can get public transport.

Its very gusty around Tallaght today, around Dún Laoghaire too which is where I was coming from. Show might struggle to get some acts in the air?

Nice and clear now with only high clouds. Do not attempt driving though!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Public transport isn’t much better. Currently stuck at Connolly because the last 2 darts that arrived were full. 25 min intervals between trains. Total sh!t show

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sunny in Greystones now but increasingly windy.

Here we are. Gusts seem reasonable at sea level

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

All about the cloud base and wind now, but looking better than it was an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

isnt that just typical, tell everyone to take public transport and then fcuk them over when they do. 2 trains every 50 minutes for an event expecting to attract up to 100,000 people, unbelievable.

Looking at them photos there will be no issues. Enjoy the show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

3 minutes between trains at Connelly

Advertisement