Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I only looked up their facebook page looking for an update on this the other day as I was wondering where they were with it. How do you know that they were in Cork?

I really do hope it's P3D and MSFS. I haven't made the move to the latter yet as there are no complex aircraft and P3D V5 is running so smooth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Board Walker

it's both but im not sure which is first. I asked the question some months back on a cork update and there was nothing. So i told them the Airport was closed for 10 or so weeks for the runway upgrade and they mailed me asking if i know anyone to contact to get a drone permit while it was OOS. I hasn't a clue but they said they were flying to Dublin anyway and heading down for a few days. that was ages ago so i never followed up but it appears they either fast tracked it or just went over to do the work for when it was being completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭MightyDucks

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a laptop/PC that would be powerful enough to run flight sim at a decent level? I have no idea how to build a pc so it would need to be an off the shelf one.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭MightyDucks

Phileas_Frog,

Thanks but I need a new laptop anyway

• Advertisement

So the Twin Otter from Aerosoft is out Janurary 19th and will retail at 29.99 - Not sure is that including or excluding VAT.

With regards GPU's. I have an option to buy an EVGA RTX 3080 for 1400 Euro or a ASUS RTX 3070 Ti for 1000 Euro.

Can anyone suggest which may be better bang for my buck?

I only have a 500W PSU right now si i imagine idd have to order a 750w maybe for the 3080?

MK Studios have released these photos of Cork! it looks fantastic.

Just Flight have announced an unnamed Traffic addon also for release in Q1 this year, With the PMDG 737 on the horizon also Q1 is shaping up pretty nicely! the 700 series will come first with the 800 6 weeks later. There will be no one main base package for the 737 line.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

So I picked up a Pimax 8KX VR headset for my simming... Holy crap, that's a whole new level of immersion beyond my Track IR. I've had to downgrade some of the visual effects settings from "Max everything", but still, highly recommended.

DCS has been similarly transformed, though unfortunately the mouse interface for when you can't see the keyboard isn't quite as good.

I Have a HP G2 and its fantastic. Ive still really only being flying GA on FS but its so enjoyable!

So Aerosoft have a new product in the works with a working title of North Sea Industry. Mathijs Kok has kindly agreed to include Kinsale A&B platforms a generic models.

head over to the forum for more information:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/171699-north-sea-industry-preliminary-title/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Made a breakthrough today in converting my models to MSFS. Such a pain of a sim to work with, but things are looking good now.

Nice one! It will be great to have an entire country.

Looking forward to Shannon and knock to compliment Dublin, Kerry and Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,160 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Played this when it launched. New to flight sims, first thing I did was of course overfly the house. Great simulator, but I noticed the ground scenery looked pretty bad, everything had a green tinge and masses of trees everywhere. Haven't revisited it since, has there been an improvement in general ground detail for Ireland?

Just remember its a flight simulator not a map simulator, too many get hung up on ground textures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,160 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Absolutely, I understand, however I am more in this for the technology rather than the flight sim aspect (as strange as that may sound). So was just curious to know whether there was a general ground scenery upgrade or if it's remained the same since launch (outside of the modelled/photogrammetry areas)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

There was an addon on Flightsim.to that made MSFS use Google maps for satellite imagery as it was of better quality. I can't find it there now, perhaps it's been taken down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,053 ✭✭✭Doge

Honeycomb Alpha flight yoke for ~€206 delivered.

MK Studios next up: Shannon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭Comhrá

That link doesn't work.   It just shows "URL signature expired"   Could you recheck as I'd be interested in Shannon for MSFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

After years of using FSX and having every add on under the sun for it, I finally took the plunge and got a new computer and installed MSFS. It’s absolutely fantastic, but for a game that’s nearly two years old, it’s still very buggy. The graphics/scenery are out of this world however!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭Gerard93

Hi

Do you mind me asking what PC did you get.

I came from FS9 !! but have not used it in years and I knew my PC would not run FSX

Would love to get into FS2020, ideally would love to build a custom PC but would not have the confidence to put together so looks like I will have to go pre build!

I got an HP Omen gaming laptop and it runs it beautifully. You can find plenty of builders who’ll do an equally impressive pc that’ll do the job also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭Gerard93

Amazing to see the availability of GPU's now.

I had to fight tooth and Nail to get my EVGA 3080 FTW3 back in February for weeks! They aren't much cheaper right now but i assume when the 40 series launches it'll drop.

Has anyone got a modular PSU? I got a Modular one simply so i would have half the rooting to do if i do upgrade the GPU again.

40 series launched yesterday, but I can't see EVGA cards dropping in price as they've stopped making them and the fanbois all want one

New update shot for Shannon from MK studios!

And they have updated Cork also.

I have MK for Dublin but it kept crashing on me so Ive had to uninstall it. Anyone else have this problem?

On another note I just got the FlyTampa KBOS this morning and it’s unreal👌🏼

• Advertisement

Advertisement