Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Note Post #1 - The 2022 All Ireland Senior Football Championship.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Kerry had J Foley, B O Beaglaoich; P Murphy, G White; D Moran, J Barry, S O'Shea, S O'Brien, D Clifford, P Geaney, T O’Sullivan playing in that 2018 game. Better manager yes but plenty of the current teams looking for new manager would be happy to have Fitzmaurice appointed. Will likely take another "dire display" from Kerry in order for Galway to win tomorrow similar weather forecast may help in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭WJL

Up for the match, your man Mike Denver is no Davy Carton.

I couldn't believe Billy Keane was 7 at the 1964 All Ireland. He's around 65..

Nice to see Michael Lyster hale and hearty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭HBC08

Enjoyable show,it's nonsense of course but I always watch it for the build up.

As a Mayo man I'm fully behind Galway tomorrow,always support Connacht teams after ourselves,nothing against Kerry.

It's all set up for a Galway ambush,Kerry outside of David Clifford are a tad over rated imo.

Hope it's a good game either way,Gakway by 2.

Ps Billy Keane as usual has a great welcome for himself and always,ALWAYS shoehorns in the fact that he's Johnny Sextons godfather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope an entertaining game, Kerry to win by 5 points I think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

If Kerry win we're going to see everyone cream over the "Paddy Tally defence" aren't we?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Galway bench scores the last three matches was one point scored by Finnian O Laoi against Armagh.

Kerrys last three matches 0-4 scored from the bench Micheal Burns 0-2,Adrian Spilliane 0-1 against Limerick and Dara Moynihan 0-1 against Dublin so not great either.

AI final scoring impact off the bench can make a big difference as even Tyrone last year showed.

Ulster heads will give him high praise to him no doubt the likes of Sean Cavanagh,Peter Canavan,Joe Brolly etc. Be it Tally or Jack O'Connor that gets praised Kerry have improved from the ropey defence that conceded 3 soft goals to Tyrone last year. The numbers back it all up. Not only the lack of goals but the absence of big foul counts. Just four scoreable frees given to Dublin, three of them taken. Of 1-45 conceded in championship, just 0-12 off frees. Still and all, Galway will ask there defence different questions and in Damien Comer will give them something they haven’t faced thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

A.I. final day. Kerry travel as big favourites. Galway travel with hope and the knowledge they are one of only two who can win the Sam.

The last two Sam Maguire's that Galway won came off the back of a semi-final victory over Derry.

Omens and Curses- could there be something in all of that ? Enjoy today Kerry and Galway people!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

What a difference a week makes!! Last Sunday the sun was melting the roads....today some of those same roads are impassable because of flash flooding.

Still hoping for a good game today. Kerry are warm favourites and have been favourites in all their games, Galway are underdogs... but then again they have been underdogs against Mayo, Armagh, Derry (and maybe even against Roscommon)

soo nothing new here.

Football is a simple game of getting possession of the ball and scoring more when you have it, than the opposition do.

Kerry are probably the top team in the country at converting possession into scores ...which means if Kerry get anything approaching parity in possession of the ball they will likely be able to rack up a bigger total than Galway.

Coupled with the fact that Galway don't tend to dominate possession leads me to think its Kerry by 4 points.

Would love to see Galway win as they bring a certain colour and tradition to proceedings, and regardless of todays result they are the most improved team in the country, but it may be a case of "you need to lose one to win one"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Its started 🤭

• Registered Users Posts: 11,421 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The last time Kilkenny were looking for a new manager was in 98! Wonder who won Sam that year, after beating Derry in the semi, and indeed after their neighbours had lost the previous two finals?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Galway for me today

which means put your money on Kerry by 5 point's.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

A Kerry-Galway All-Ireland final in July so of course it's bucketing rain with grey skies.

😆

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

Joe Brolly was fairly vocal about Paddy Tally being the anti-christ while he was part of the Galway setup so I doubt we'll see Joe singing his praises anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭HBC08

You can throw in that they also bet Mayo that year having lost to us the previous 2 years,the omens are good for Galway!

I'm really looking forward to this,there will be a few twists and turns today.The performance of the top Galway players outside of Comer,Walsh and Conroy might decide this ie lads who get lost in games or on their day could be match winners,Teirney,Sean Kelly,Rob Finnerty, McDaid.

There will be Kerry folks coming out of half-nine Mass up in Dublin. Right now they are heading for breakfast in their fav. spot on A.I. Final Day. I hope we are not giving them indigestion, as they turn their phones on to read the pre-match "takes" here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Not atall, it is what it is. Funny thing is, the last 7 all irelands kerry have won I had a splitting headache that morning and had to make an almerciful Guinness sh1t at about half 10 on the day of the game. Well no word of a lie, the headache is just easing off and I'm just off the bowl. So the Omens are good for Kerry.

In all seriousness tho, best of luck to Galway. I dont think ye can beat us today But it's not impossible. Ye will need to score 2 or 3 goals to do it. If ye don't do it! You can be very proud of the year you've had, and build on it for next year. And if ye do manage to beat us! All I can say is! By god ye'll earn it.

Beat of luck to both teams and Kerry ABÚ

3.15. You will be back on the bowl, as the omens start sinking into that brain/body which has freed itself of Guinness and sewage! 3.30 ,open another can to calm the nerves....Game on!😜

Game on indeed, I'm hoping a few early high balls into that Galway fullback line will result in my nerves being settled early on. Galway crowd seem supremely confident though,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

In all seriousness tho, best of luck to Galway.

Why even say something like that when you don't actually mean it ?

Why wish your opponent luck ?

It's very patronising.

I'll give an opponent credit if they win, but I'd never wish them luck before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭snowgal

Looking forward to this game as a neutral! Hope Galway cause an upset, mam is from there so I’ll support. But more so just hope that it’s a really decent and exciting final! My Meath boys of 96 being honoured today! Anyone know what time that usually happens? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Good Jesus. Those poor craturs in Mayo.

Today is a serious rock and hard place for them based on the last few pages of panic.

Same for myself when Kerry faced off against Mordor. But Mordor used to be good...

I'll be out in the local fully believing that Galway can do it. And for my own indigestion I hope they do.

Best of luck to all the regulars on here from Galway and Kerry and have a cracking day out. Though obviously I hope the Kerry lads have a bit of a heartbreaking end to the afternoon.

Gaillimh Abú!

My god what an angry obnoxious post. This view is goes to the root of the nasty element we see in the GAA.

Of course I wish them luck. I want to see a good game where no one gets injured and both sets of supporters get the pleasure of a hopefully a great final. I hope both sides have luck enough that the game is decided on some excellent moments rather then player mistakes or referring decisions. Plus its nice to be polite with each other both before match and after! In victory and defeat. The majority of the genuine gaa people I meet are exactly the same. I don't pay much heed to the begrudging poisonous arguments that you have outlined above. I dont know what county you support! But I could guess.

I look forward to sharing and receiving some insights both before and after from Galway supporters who I've always found knowledgeable and honest with regards to the game.

So I'll say it again, BEST OF LUCK TO GALWAY! Hope everyone enjoys the game and gets home safe. KERRY ABÚ

• Registered Users Posts: 38,602 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Funny.thing is Mayo expect all their neighbouring countries to support them in a AI final. All change when they are not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

What happens if today is draw?? Is it extra time or replay?? What about draw after extra time could there be pens??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

No penalties, goes to a replay if it's a draw after extra-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Regardless of what people's views of Pat Spillane are, he's had a wonderful career, both as a player and a pundit. He was a superstar as a player and a straight talking analyst. I'm sure we'll hear from him in some format in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Cavanagh and Whelan throwing their eyes to heaven as Spillane rambles on and on about Kerry's record of one point victories since 1960. Spillane is there long enough. Time for fresh blood.

Advertisement