Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

The definition of "struck off" is to be removed from a position of responsibility. You are nitpicking over language. They questioned the vaccine and they were removed. If a doctor is raising red flags over a medical procedure that is adversely affecting their patients the first action should be to investigate the patients. That wasn't the case here. In both cases they were "removed from their position of responsibility". (feel free to use your own terminology).

It would seem no one can question the "safe and effective" vaccine or they are dragged over hot coals. This, despite the fact that it is still failing after 4th and 5th doses. If you have to keep taking it, it is a treatment not a vaccine. As a vaccine it has failed utterly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Lol.

Literally every claim in that post is incorrect.

That is not the definition of "struck off". https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/struck-off#:~:text=The%20removal%20of%20a%20doctor,physical%20violence%2C%20homicide%2C%20etc.

They didn't "question the vaccine" nor were they "raising red flags." Odyssey has explained this to you.

They weren't showing that the vaccines were "adversely affecting their patients" Nor is it "the first action" to investigate claims in that way.

You also forget that part of your claim was "Without hearings."

People are not dragged over hot coals for questioning the vaccine.

It is not "failing."

And that is not the definition of "treatment" or "vaccine."

Are you just ignoring my points again?

Have you read the VAERS website after I linked it to you to answer your question? Do you understand how you were misusing it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Yes, please do spell out exactly what you are trying to say, speaking in riddles is clearly not getting your message across.

As for the analyse the cases/ data comment, that confusion would be down to you misunderstanding what the likes of the VAERS data is used for. They look at the overall data to see if there are unusual patterns that need further investigation, and if so may further look at individual cases. At no point though will you hear anything about individual cases as taken from such data as that would be a clear breach of privacy.

Data similar to VAERS is collected worldwide, and is looked into worldwide by local and international bodies trying to spot odd patterns. That you think that for some reason all these data collection bodies, and the even more research bodies looking into it are for some reason keeping quiet about something sinister behind the data is frankly ridiculous.

Yea, this is the unspoken assuming that they are all operating under. But for some reason they won't say it directly.

They believe that the VAERS data and similar are showing massive amounts of side effects, but doctors and medical institutions are covering it up somehow.

The obvious issue of why then they are putting this information in public via VAERS etc is ignored and not thought about as doing so would lead to doubt about the conspiracy theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

So you're back to calling people fruit flies etc and name's again. I thought you were risen above that status. Obviously not lol

You skirted around my question, which is not like you. Usually you're clearer than that.

But I think that's it's the scumbag who endorses something, and doesn't explain the potential pitfalls.

I never heard of the flu vaccines causing menstrual issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I never heard of the flu vaccines causing menstrual issues.

So you haven't heard? How sad for you. https://archive.ph/lLvvR

It's paywalled. Title is "Flu Shot Stopped My Period"

What it says is, yes, flu vaccine can cause menstrual issues. This is (sadly) not well studied previously, but since anti-vaxxers like yourself stir so much s**t based on feelings and how their grifters manipulate them, Covid 19 and menstrual impacts have been studied and drown out the google results.

You deliberately misquoted me. It has nothing to do with confusion of or misunderstanding VAERS. It nothing more than you claiming I said something I didn't and rather than admit it when you're caught you try to misrepresent me again. You have contributed nothing here.

Your posts are nothing but nitpicking, whataboutery, misquoting, misunderstanding, misrepresenting, self owning, dragging off topic, empty vacuous garbage.

I have seen nothing here that contradicts my understanding of the VAERS data. It is used as a safety signal. I have read the disclaimers and explanations.

I read it before I posted here. You are blocked for simply being an annoying distraction.

Nitpicking over language:

I had already read the VAERS database website and their explanations and disclaimers. I have said it is used as a safety signal multiple times on here. How does your quote contradict that?

It has failed utterly as a vaccine. It did not stop anyone contracting or spreading the disease it did not stop cases, hospitalizations or deaths. The highly vaccinated countries had higher incidents of the disease. If this is not a failure how would define a failure?

If a patient presents with covid or flu or cold symptoms how does testing save their lives? They get tested and test positive so what? they are told to go home. Note, they are not rushed to hospital in an ambulance because they have a deadly disease. They are told to go home where they can spread it to their family members. The test and trace was another failure. It accomplished nothing but raise hysteria and cost millions. Testing didn't save a single life. Believe it or not people were not dropping down dead from covid. It is slow to progress. Lockdowns did nothing to flatten the curve or inhibit the disease in any way. the waves got bigger and bigger, the more we tried to stop it the worse it got. Right up until the mass vaccination which saw us with the highest incidence of covid in Europe. Viruses are going to virus. The entire human race completely outsmarted by a microscopic scrap of DNA. Be proud.

It's obvious who's emotionally charged, or else the opposite and lack empathy for the opposite sex. There's nothing wrong with being worried about women not having a chance to conceive. It's natural for a man and a woman to have concerns when they have been pumped full of contradictions.

Who's stirring the pot now, but whatever is being stirred is either over cooked or stuck to the pot or clogged up in the straw.

Good man, for your efforts to break the charter once again.

But I won't flag you, because you already flagged yourself a long time ago. There's a tendency to light up the thread now and again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,148 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Even the link you referenced shows you are using the word incorrectly.

It is not nit picking. The word has a specific meaning for a Doctor.

Key words - "any more"

Not a temporary suspension. An indefinite removal.

These are the powers of fitness to practice panel. Note the distinction between a suspension and erasing the name. The latter is to be struck off.

If the Panel concludes that the doctor's fitness to practise is impaired, the following sanctions are available:

• to take no action
    • to accept undertakings offered by the doctor provided the panel is satisfied that such undertakings protect patients and the wider public interest
    • to place conditions on the doctor's registration
    • to suspend the doctor's registration
    • to erase the doctor's name from the Medical Register, so that they can no longer practise.

As for your claim about the vaccines failing utterly. You fail to provide any supporting evidence and has already been thoroughly refuted on this thread. Heres one more:

All vaccinated groups had lower risk of dying from COVID-19 compared with people who were unvaccinated.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

So, now you've heard that Flu vaccines can impact menstrual cycles. Got anything to add? As far as you original question goes, it wasn' t really a question - just a dig at astro if you note your emotionally charged language you used in your 'question,' I'd recommend people that are pregnant or contemplating becoming pregnant, talk with their physician. Not take advice from some malevolent rando like you. FFS you hadn't even heard that the flu vaccine could impact menstrual cycles. I don't think you're remotely qualified to either ask questions about any vaccines at all. You're just too ignorant.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Not sure what you are trying to claim with the rest of your post, other than screaming about having been offended in some way which you are unable to properly explain.

But if you just left your post to the following then you'd be doing ok:

... my understanding of the VAERS data. It is used as a safety signal. 

But then you have claimed that data from the likes of VAERS is being ignored, and provide nothing to backup that position or what it is within the data that you think is of concern but the authorities have been ignoring.

The data is used as a kind of "safety signal", but that doesn't mean that just because some number seems high to you that they are ignoring something. It doesn't mean that anything in the data is such a "safety signal" that anyone untrained in the analysis of that data is ever likely to spot.

Still not clear what exactly it is that you have claimed I have lied about what you have?

Looks at your post lol just absolutely triggered.

You miss represented me umpteen time's, I never suggested someone not go to their GP, you called me a malevolent rando obviously there's something seriously wrong somewhere down the line.

It's pretty clear that you have posted your qualifications here often enough. Some dose alright. But hey it's ok to blow off steam here. And like I said you have flagged yourself often enough.

But in order to defuse our mishap, ill put you on ignore. Ignore means that we won't have to be bickering here. And I won't read your response.

You see I can control myself, if I say I'll hit ignore it means what it says.

G'luck

It's an absolute failure, people online all over the place are talking about it.

There's a few die-hards here who are all for the Kool aid, and the odd person who enters and are run out and wound up.

The virus mutated into a lesser strain, and as people were taking the vaccine they were told, oh look it's working.

Meanwhile the emperor's clothes were in shreds.

Be thankful you weren't bullied into taking their Kool aid. You had a choice.

I see Tucker Carlson had a clip up there recently about the possibility that the vaccines are wiping people's immunity and if this is true it's going to be very serious.

He didn't say it's happening for sure but he's concerned about the possibility.

@Fr0g

BIDEN, OCTOBER 2021: The fact is, this has been a pandemic of the unvaccinated. Unvaccinated. 

BIDEN, JULY 2021: The Delta virus, which is much more transmissible and more deadly in terms of non-unvaccinated people... The various shots that people are getting now cover that. You're okay. You're not going to, you're not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations. 

BIDEN, JANUARY 2022: If you're unvaccinated, you have some reason to be alarmed. Many of you will, you know, you'll experience severe illness in many cases if you get COVID-19, if you're not vaccinated. Some will die. We have in hand all the vaccines we need to get every American fully vaccinated, including the booster shot. So, there's no excuse, no excuse for anyone being unvaccinated. This continues to be a pandemic of the unvaccinated.  

Yeah, there's no excuse. And if you don't get the vax, you're going to die from COVID. You're going to get COVID if you don't get the vax. Now, if you'd said that once or maybe like 11 times, you could say he's got dementia, whatever. He said it pretty much every day, and he's not the only one. They all did, beginning with Lord Fauci. 

FAUCI, FEBRUARY, COVID HEARING: There may be the need for, yet again, another booster, in this case, a fourth dose boost for an individual receiving the mRNA. 

FAUCI, MAY 2021, COVID HEARING: And then the issue of vaccines, actually, at least with regard to SARS-CoV-2, can do better than nature. 

FAUCI, May 2021, MSNBC:  When people are vaccinated, they can feel safe, that they are not going to get infected.  

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The level of misinformation from miscreants in this area is incredible, there is literally no critical thought going on and given COVID is a high risk disease if unvaccinated during pregnancy (can lead to miscarriages and complications during pregnancy) and is preying on people at a vulnerable time, those pushing the misinformation are absolutely awful people who have made a series of bad decisions in life.

Provide evidence, you have been asked to do this multiple times and are still pushing misinformation as an anecdote,

You have truly reached the bottom of the barrel here with no redemption possible. Understand that you will be the anti-vaxxer pushing misinformation around pregnancy now and forever more.

I never pushed misinformation about pregnancy, you're either a bot or else you're hopping mad that your kool aid has issues.

The data's out there,all you have to do is google it. You know it's out there and you're annoyed that you've been rumbled with your response and you have been twisting everything.

The vaccines are responsible for some women's menstrual cycle's not working like they should. I don't need to provide the evidence. I believe through what I read that I'm right

Google covid vaccines and menstrual cycle's , you have thousands of page's on it. You're good at the math so I'm sure you can figure out the ratio etc.

You're suggesting that I need redemption from you Astrofool, are you seriously thinking that my credibility with you guys is important ?

You're barking up the wrong tree there boyo.

And you're getting, gestation, pregnancy and menstrual cycle's all mixed.

There's no point in us corresponding any more, because you're just being silly now.

I'll put you on ignore now, and again like the others I'll not respond or read your response.

It'll be easier that way because,then it won't make moderation a nightmare. And you can breathe a sigh of relief.

Adios

Sorry not nitpicking to point out your definition is wrong.

And you are using the VAERS data to claim the vaccine is dangerous. Which is something you cannot do.

Do you believe the disclaimer is an accurate statement or do you believe that it is something that should be disregarded?

And again, the vaccines lowered the risk of transmission and hosipitalisation.

No vaccine can prevent these things 100%, so by your standard there is no such thing as a successful vaccine.

• Advertisement

Second time put on ignore apparently, will there be a third?

Post your sources, stop JAQ'ing off around pregnancy and menstrual cycles, did the information posted around the impacts sink in at all or are you still planning on pushing this dangerous misinformation?

Pregnancy is one of the most high risk conditions for severe effects of COVID, if you're going to mouth off around it, post evidence, post the impact, don't be a bottom feeder, don't be a tool for those spreading misinformation.

The vaccines are responsible for some women's menstrual cycle's not working like they should.

Absolute lunacy from someone who clearly doesn't know what a female is.

Looking like they're already moving off the menstrual cycle claims as predicted.

No evidence provided. Just more factoids fresh off Twitter.

Will be a new claim coming up shortly I reckon.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭hometruths

Happy to oblige.

Vaccine effectiveness is negative after 8 months according to this study in the Lancet:

Figure 2 Vaccine effectiveness (any vaccine) against SARS-CoV-2 infection of any severity in 842 974 vaccinated individuals matched to an equal number of unvaccinated individuals for up to 9 months of follow-up

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-67362200089-7/fulltext

• Administrators Posts: 14,033 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

@bad2thebone stop referring to a vaccine as "Kool Aid" Intelligent discussion or don't post.

Did you read the entire article?

Waning was slightly slower for mRNA-1273, with a vaccine effectiveness of 96% (94 to 97; p<0·001) at 15–30 days and 59% (18 to 79; p=0·012) from day 181 onwards...

For the outcome of severe COVID-19, vaccine effectiveness waned from 89% (82 to 93; p<0·001) at 15–30 days to 64% (44 to 77; p<0·001) from day 121 onwards...

The results strengthen the evidence-based rationale for administration of a third vaccine dose as a booster.

Well yes, if double vaccination is providing negative effectiveness after 8 months it will undoubtedly strengthen the argument for a booster if you're double vaccinated!

But it also strengthens the argument for not getting vaccinated in the first place.

No. The article directly contradicts your claims and nowhere does it state support for your claim.

After 180 days it is still 64 percent effective versus severe covid.

So how can you be better off unvaccinated if versus severe covid the vaccinated are significantly (90 to 60 percent) better protected for at least 6 months after vaccination?

Read the entire article.

According to the study after eight months after second dose, vaccine effectiveness is negative relative to unvaccinated. See Figure 2.

If I am wrong could you tell me what figure 2 is stating?

That refers to infection of any severity for all vaccines.

There are separate results v infection of any kind for mRNA which I have quoted.

By contrast, vaccine effectiveness for homologous ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine was 68% (52 to 79; p<0·001) at 15–30 days, with no detectable effectiveness from day 121 onwards (−19% [–98 to 28]; p=0·49) versus

Waning was slightly slower for mRNA-1273, with a vaccine effectiveness of 96% (94 to 97; p<0·001) at 15–30 days and 59% (18 to 79; p=0·012) from day 181 onwards.

There is a separate finding for protection against severe covid which I quoted which clearly show the durable benefits of vaccination.

"For the outcome of severe COVID-19, vaccine effectiveness waned from 89% (82 to 93; p<0·001) at 15–30 days to 64% (44 to 77; p<0·001) from day 121 onwards."

So the vaccine effectiveness v infection are being pulled down by AZ.

The study does not show negative effectiveness for mRNA. In fact the contrary.

Key takeaway:

Protection against severe COVID-19 was better maintained for up to 9 months of follow-up, although some waning became evident after more than 4 months. 

Finally similar studies in this area have noted that healthcare workers were in the first wave of being vaccinated. And alnost all HCWs were vaccinated. So they could be distorting some of the figures for the longest durations as they are at high risk of exposure. The study does not seem to have accounted for that.

• Advertisement

It's happened to me umpteen time's, they'll warp your reality and tell you you posted something that you didn't or retranslate it for you, and suggest what you meant to post.

It's a tactic common with these discussions.

Luckily I couldn't be bothered to report any of them as it's just their nature, it's a badge of honor for them.

Whatever you post is understandable and concisely correct, anyhow it's a thread for people to discuss something not a debunking thread.

They think we're so powerful we can influence people's decisions, can you believe that.

Supposedly I have influence over women's decisions. I wouldn't be surprised if these sjws are into all the woke stuff too...

There's tones of information about the vaccines out there,it's no longer a conspiracy.

These debunkers are just the die-hards hanging on for all it's worth.

One self aware poster here renamed me as the antivaxxer pushing misinformation about pregnancy and even put for now and forever more at the end....

They don't know the difference between menstrual cycle's, gestation and pregnancy.

When their mask feel off, that was enough.... block

Advertisement