Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2022-Round 12: France

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Ferrari pit wall team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ferrari lost six places. So stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Longing

Russell will get 5 for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Russell claiming he was ahead lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Ah lads this is ridiculous. Ferrari are the most strategically inept team ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Can't understand Ferrari at all makes no sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Russell trying to convince himself there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Russell whining about checo going straight on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Chance of a podium for Sainz even with the 5 second penalty, and now he's P7, bizarre strategy from Ferrari.

And Russell whinging, he wasn't enough alongside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭thefa

Russell launching it up the inside and claiming Perez turned in on him. Should focus on passing Perez on track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Longing

Ham and Russell are brothers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Russell with his stupid decision making yet again, bitching and moan on the radio. For as much talent as he has, he makes some idiotic decisions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dancingwith

Every race I ask the same question, how will Ferrari mess up this week

Charles saying it was a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hope Perez can keep Russell behind him the absolute wingebag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Big time get the head down and drive the car if you wanna get past otherwise shut it

Absolute nightmare by Ferrari. The only explanation would be that they had data that the tyre was about to go. But it seemed like he had got the tyre through the worst phase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Despite the best efforts of his pit wall Sainz may still be on for a podium here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Stupid interview from skyf1 with Leclerc. Asking does he need to talk to somebody about it 🙄

• Advertisement

Safety car here might suit Sainz.

Perez asleep there!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭strawdog

Thinking tho, is he going to end up where he was going to be, with the 5sec penalty they prob would've been close enough anyway, and now not at risk of tyre blowing. Plus Checo and Russell could still take each other out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

perez got mugged on the restart.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

That is poor from Checo at the restart. Completely asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Got absolutely mugged by Russell, he hasn't been on it this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Wonder were they both ok with the Delta. A bit strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

A few interesting moments but that was dull enough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Perez you muppet. Happy out for Max there. Dear lord what were Ferrari thinking of pitting Sainz.

• Advertisement

Pure disaster class from Ferrari. It's actually unbelievable how badly they call strategy. Speaks to a cultural issue as I'm sure they are clever people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I can safely say that Ferrari haven't got a world championship in them and either does Leclerc.

Leclerc not winning anything by making those mistakes. Max doesn't do that anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Season is as good as done, max has one hand on the WDC and red bull on the WCC, Merc will steal second from Ferrari. And yet again Ferrari gonna Ferrari this race, next race and for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

im sure everyone will agree it was a great result for merc, double podium and only 44 points behind ferrari in the constructors championship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Best example was a few weeks back, I think he started towards the back, and then had worked himself up to P4/5, pushed too much and then he shipped a load of positions. Max has really matured.

• Advertisement

I think it's safe to say the championship is pretty much over unless Verstappen goes off the rails in the second part of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Lip Out

After a half season mentoring from Mercedes and Hamilton, Russell has got the whinging on the radio when he was at fault down to an art. Shame to see as he was a likeable driver before the switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Did anyone think he was a bit too insistent on it being a mistake? No one asked about the throttle he mentioned at the time?

I guess the telemetry would show if there was another throttle issue anyway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Ferrari are box office, can't wait to see what they get up to in Budapest.

Really starting to dislike Russell, comes across as quite ignorant on the radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ForestFire

On Sainz, I can only assume it was the tyres were never going to make it, is the only explanation, but if this was the case why not pit a bit earlier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

I think LeClerc is honest enough. Admits to it being his fault, if it was the car he'd have said. He knows himself that it's not good enough. Crazy considering the pressure he withstood earlier from Max to bin in when he's clear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Gotta love LeClerc's optimism in the interview that if he loses the championship by 32 points he'll know it was because of his mistakes, not a hope in hell he'll be anywhere near 32 points of Max at the end.

I'd imagine there was no hope of Sainz making it to the end but when he pitted he looked to have better grip than anyone.

Perez really needs to get his sh1t together, couldn't keep up with Hamilton or stay clear of Russell when he had the faster car. Then asleep to let Russell past. He has some good days but for me he has far too many bad days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭quokula

Not the best race in the end, I thought the new cars would shine at Paul Ricard as they could follow more closely through the long corners but it never really happened. I don't think many people will miss the circuit when it's gone, as seems increasingly likely.

Another great job from Max for the victory. He put Leclerc under relentless pressure, the team made an aggressive call for the undercut, he did exactly what he needed to do to make the undercut work by overtaking Norris immediately, and then when Leclerc had to push to the maximum to try and keep a gap for the pitstop he made a mistake. People keep talking like he just inherited victory but without the pressure he put on Ferrari it wouldn't have happened, Leclerc himself admitted the mistake was because he had to keep pushing so hard.

Had Leclerc not crashed out, it looks very much like he'd have come out of his pitstop behind Max but with tyres a few laps fresher so it could have been a very interesting race. Such a big shame we didn't get to see that play out. A shame for the championship too of course, it's hard to imagine him making a big enough comeback to genuinely fight for the title at this stage, though you'd have to say Ferrari do still have the fastest car. Their strategists continue to be absolute clowns though. That nonsense with Sainz just left me speechless. I'm used to them being pretty terrible when it comes to strategy but that must have been a new low. He could have scored a podium today without the team screwing him over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

Le Clerc bottles it again, he’s not half as good a driver as he thinks he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Yeah a right loveable rogue.

How that time we all chuckled seeing him slap bottas on the head after wiping him out.

That Imola crash was probably he's second stupidest move after putting the Williams into a barrier under a safety car. He's not a driver I'd have a fondness for, can't take a liking to him at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Even if they were always going to have to put Sainz, they handled it awfully. What's the benefit of fighting for position with your engineer in your ear and then just pit anyway?

Mercedes isn't as good a car as ferrari or red bull, but I'm reminded of what Christian Horner said earlier in the season - he'd prefer a fast unreliable car rather than a slow reliable one. Mercedes is slow but reliable, constantly picking up points.

Championships are both surely done now though, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

My pal is a Ferrari fan and he text me saying I was very quiet after they got pole, told him to wait for Sunday to be saying stuff like that…he is very quiet today for some reason?

Max has this one by the looks of it, once Charles was out he was super comfy and just managed the car until the end. He is the class of the field right now with the car under him.

I’ll echo some of the thoughts in here that Skys commentary is getting really tough to bear with. They were pretty much salivating at a Merc double podium, and even Di Resta at one point made some comment about Hamilton being in for the win…on what planet?

I might switch to the other commentary channel on my app soon.

They have reliability this year it seems and it has them in relative touch, but on their own really in third.

Other than that the Mercs are the best of the rest and they know it, they had earmarked this track as one they would be strong at and were perplexed at their times through the sessions.

In saying that though many thought this track would be great for overtaking under the new regulations (2nd highest number of overtakes last year) and we didn't have much exciting racing really.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Well this is just absolute bollocks, isn't it?

Yes, LeClerc has had too many incidents like that, but he's a top, top driver. That's undeniable.

Don't know why people are kicking up such a fuss about Russell. Driver gets thick in the heat of the moment and armchair warriors with a shitload of different angles pile on. Perez was bitching that he was going off the track after he fell asleep at the wheel at the restart but yet everyone is staying quiet about that.

Usual nonsense pile-on because there is an inherent hatred for Mercedes because of Sky.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement