Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motherland: Fort Salem (Hulu)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

3.3: Hrmmmm things seem to be going downhill rapidly..

Alder shows up but dies again..

Everyone trapped..

President dead..

I'm guessing maybe the Marshalls might be a turn around to be on their side or something... or maybe Abigail and Adils combo power might be bigger than seen before.

3.4: A lot happened there. The show revisiting some dark and gory places.

With the president back and penelope maybe back.. I'm half guessing they'll both do a combo reappearance to get the vice president to step down.

Was hard to understand why the two army witches were fighting each other. I thought they might have been under a spell or some control but now I'm just guessing they were told both would die if they didn't fight.

Oh.. an Anacostias "finish her" move of tearing yer wans face off! 😲

3.5: Well. I'm guessing that's big part of the setup for the end of the season.

I think they've been saving a bit of budget so far by keeping to small locations for shooting the episodes.

If I was to guess, I'd be half thinking this Battalion/Bridgate/Division will be having a go at Fort Salem itself for the finale... kinda like how season 2 had a go at the fort.

Aside from that.. it feels like they are going to do something with Tally and her future sense. Maybe a key moment will come down to her overcoming some doubts and taking a key action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

It's looking pretty much that a civil war between Witches and non Witches is going to happen, especially going off the preview for the next episode. Regarding Tallys future sight, it showed that even though she prevented the initial premonition, the glass still broke. I think she will come to accept that she can't stop Raelle from dying .

I do find some of the writing all over the place this season though, like how can yer man keep on escaping from them

Also interesting tidbid, the reason Raelle has hardly been in this season is that the actress was in a car accident.

Ooooh jeez. Hope she recovers well. She's been such a strength to this show.

Agreed about yer man getting away. The first time .. maybe.. the second time .. ah here!

dammit... I watched 3.7 and then realised I forgot 3.6 so had to go back.. anyway..

3.6: This whole episode felt like a recharge episode again keeping the budget tight.

recharging with parents

3.7: This one I felt like maybe the budget is starting to flow again. Maybe the money has been saved for the last 3 episodes, 8,9 and 10.

I know Taylor Hickson was in that accident but one thing the effect on Raelles story has in my mind now Dragonball Z and how Goku in that show was off on a different path from the main group for a while. Maybe Super Raelle coming up! 😀

It has all the look of a war coming up but the witches don't want it so I'm guessing they'll avoid it. Some kind of big event return of Raelle and showing what the first song is all about is what I'm guessing for the finale.

It's kinda cool to have Aaron Douglas just popping into the show for a few episodes. He was the engineer Galen Tyrol in the 2004 Battlestar Gallactica Re-Imagining.

Looks like he's been keeping busy in a bunch of shows since then:

Forgot to mention that I spent some time looking at the map on the army board in 3.6.. The cession really cuts the land below Canada in two. Alot of merged lands making bigger states too! One big Dakota. Louisianna is huge. No Alabama.

I skip the credits so much! 😁

Not sure why I got pulled in so much with the map in the episode. I think it was the hugeness of some the states.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,711 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Almost serves as a series finale...without the end

I found things ran way too fast in the episode. We get a scene with the president snowed in with no supplies and then 10 minutes later when the trial is over she shows up and then they somehow temporarily stop the Camarea. And then Tally pairs up with the guy from last season that I can't remember if there was anything going between them. You can definitely see that they are rushing some plot points just to finish the show. Next week is the finale anyway

3.8: Well.. that seems to be a sign there won't be a huge battle coming up..

I'm guessing then that something is gonna be forcing Raelle to using the bomb and something will be done to counter it using the song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,711 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Was an ok finale - all felt a bit rushed like the past few episodes (did they know they were cancelled before filming ended?)

Questions left unanswered but no big cliffhanger - deserved a few more seasons really

Yeah this season felt very rushed. I think they knew it was ending so I think they were just trying to get as much story told in 10 episodes. The whole history of the world was very interesting, would have at least liked them showing what the world was like after a year and what happened to the camarea after every person in the world became a Witch.

3.9: Just one behind the finale. I'm guessing they've saved some budget for it.

A lot happened in this one.

The cession war stopped..

The weddings..

The civil war starts?

Damn! That was a lot!

Also

Nooo! Izadora! 😲

• Advertisement

Wait.. that was the end! Noooo! That was a kinda cool twist.

Right so.. that's the end of the season and series. I thought it was a cool idea. Starting strong and exploring it well. Then as the seasons went on though, and especially season 3, I think they were hit with a low budget problem. Still though, they made do with what they had.

3.10: That moved very fast. Wrapping up as much as it could I think. Also.. Phew! ..

Izadora made it! I googled the actress..  Emilie Leclerc. She hasn't had much except this show: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7365978/

The Silvers got done pretty bad throughout the story. I'm not sure but I vaguely remember the father (vice pres/pres guy) wasn't completely out for bad at first.

For the big twist, I thought the planet.. bubble? shield? .. thinga-ma-bob was cool. The singing noises off it. The unexplainedness. Probably got some cool potential there for a story to build on but.. the show is over so that's it I guess.

For the whole show I think there was standouts from Lyne Renée (Alder) who started strong and Taylor Hickson (Raelle) who grew into her role.

Advertisement