Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭Icsics

If even half of the stuff in the book is true she’s a piece of work. I feel sorry for the father, dropped in favour of Doria who fitted Ms narrative better.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the father is in no way innocent, so doesn't deserve your sympathy, he is responsible via his behaviour for meghan cutting contact.

he knows what he needs to do if he wants a relationship with his daughter, but has decided to choose the current path so he must lie in the bed he made.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

He knows what to do? Can you elaborate?

He has reached out hasn't he? Wants to know his grandkids. I guess Tom Sr absolutely spoiling his daughter gave her a sense of entitlement. Getting collected by Limo from her friends house would certainly do that alright. Not Meghans fault as such to go and develop notions. That was his prerogative as a doting dad but he contributed to cultivating the personality who subsequently ghosted him. He was ghosted because he was perhaps too fortright, too out spoken. As is right, a consequence perhaps of having risen to be a respected, award winning technician in his industry.

When in a position of power and influence having someone around to call you out is something to be welcomed. He had the capacity to torpedo her backstory. He doesn't strike me as a yes man. He couldn't be controlled as such and so he was unceremoniously dumped. He wasn't "on brand" so to speak. Is that what he is supposed to do? Be controlled? Meghan gets to speak her "truth" and, you know what, so does her Dad. The man isn't perfect. No one, including Meghan, is. Tom Sr has been, in my opinion, the victim of an incredible example of gaslighting. Imagine having spoiled your daughter, give her want for nothing, spend tens of thousands of dollars on her education and then have her, to a global audience deny any of that happened whatsoever just so she could aggrandise herself and dupe people at his expense. And yet he still wants to have a relationship with her, he still loves her. I suppose for some love really is unconditional.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

The dad was dropped as he raised her mostly, therefore he knows what Meghan didn't want Harry to find out...

He’s a lot more innocent than his daughter…..read the book, he doesn’t deserve how she & H have treated him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cezanne

She was ashamed of her over weight father and thought the race angle would help her succeed within the royal family as a victim of racism it was her trump card and the mother being so black is wheeled out from to time to time to remind people of her background all bollox shes a real cnut.

if my dad was an obese man i would have spent 6 /12 months getting him in shape to walk me down the aisle in front of the world a simple pay back for all he had spent on my upbringing & education, as i said before she is a real self serving cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Could someone explain the origin of the title Revenge?

I'm halfway through but my guess is that pre-Royal family she didn't get her ego gratified as a hybrid of Meryl Streep and Angelina Jolie, alternatively and effortlessly oscillating between the esteemed actress and the passionate world changing humanitarian. Being a **** actress and a fake, aggrandising narcissist prevented that from happening. The platform then afforded by the Royals would accomodate her entitlement dream to be treated like a world star with her bullying (aided and abetted by the implicit threat of deciding to use the race card) surely making all and sundry kowtow to her demands and allowing this egotistical dream to happen. In the end the Duchess has no (Dior) clothes, she dropped the racist nuke with her and her husband scrambling from such an epic bag fumble ever since and, as "revenge" is determined to forevermore be a PR manifesting nuisance and thorn for the Royals causing drama for the Queens final years.

Post edited by valoren on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Can someone explain this...

Throughout the book, obviously race is discussed..

Why does the word "black" get a capital B yet the word "white" only gets a small w (when referencing race)?

To thine own self be true

I've seen this elsewhere too. Quick google later. From the NY times..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm trying to understand it.. this is what I'm thinking..

It's to reference the culture not the skin culture?

Like I'm an Irish woman..capital I.

The argument is that not all black people identify as African American (for example) so they would be classed a Black woman..

Whereas white is deemed a race/skin colour and not really as a geographical culture specifically?

If I'm wrong, someone please explain better...

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cezanne

Megans revenge on everyone for not complying with her ideas on the monarchy and for basically being rejected by the aristocracy !

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

I understood that Doria is not 100% black ... is it as far back as the Ragland slave owner days?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I think that's the point alright, but surely there's diversity of culture in the Black community?

My phone autocorrected to an uppercase B for black!

he is no victim, he is responsible for losing the relationship with his daughter via his behaviour of selling stories to the media and using the media to immotionally blackmail her.

he chose the media and its money over his daughter.

he is in no way innocent, m&h have treated him the way he deserves due to his behaviour.

he can't sell stories and immotionally blackmail his daughter via the media without consequence.

M has treated him the same way she treats everyone who is of no use to her or doesn’t buy into her version of events. If she had supported her father the same way she supported her mother he wouldn’t have been driven to do what he did. His only mistake was that he spoiled her & turned her into the absolute madam that she is

he did not have to do what he did, he chose to do it because he wanted air time in the media.

meghan is not responsible for him trying to immotionally blackmail her, he is responsible for that and for what lead up to the relationship between him and his daughter breaking down.

suggesting that if meghan supported him dispite his behaviour, he wouldn't have had to immotionally blackmail her via the media, something he didn't have to do, is victim blaming.

• Advertisement

Or. He was being portrayed as an obese drunk hobo living in Mexico considering his daughter was marrying into Royalty and the media frenzy surrounding him was out of control so, according to him, he thought it might be a good idea to take some control, to make some bank via the media, playing them at their own game, and putting some goofy images into the public domain to counter the optics of his general negative portrayal which was embarrassing to his daughter marrying into royalty. A mistake but not this emotional blackmail angle you're going for. His crime, if you could call it that, was denying he collaborated with those photos but seemingly he was damned if he admitted to it and damned if he denied it. Meghan was marrying a Prince and a consequence was she had family who would be zeroed in on. The man likely felt unprotected given how none of this was his decision and there is some understanding as to how he might wrestle some semblance of control from the maelstrom he found himself in. He was supposed to keep schtum, out of sight and he thought "f*ck that". Good on him for not allowing himself to be bullied into compliance.

After reading the book, I'm still at a loss to understand what H + M actually do, as in their foundation/website.. something something compassion was all I could understand 🤔🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Compassion. From those two. What an absolute joke that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

They do ‘charity work’, like all bored rich people.

If you’re eager enough for a story to further your own brand, you’ll seek out racist examples in the most mundane places - Megan doesn’t strike me as having a great sense of humour and she’s certainly done a job on Harry too - I’d say every funny atom is sucked from a room when she enters it.

Saying that, it’s the sort of thing I would have expected from Harry’s wild friends - remember trolly-gate and Kate? Those royal “friends” are certainly set in their ways and will tear apart anything they feel threatens their existence- that thinking probably extends to the likes of Camila too who probably feels a sense of entitlement into the Royal family given her family history with it- if true it wasn’t the most clever of things to say especially given the sensitivities Megan is prone to but it’s reflective of the kind of thinking in general that we’ve got from the royal family - just look at Andy’s sense of entitlement, Philips renowned verbal slants against many nations and you start to get a sense that being “politically correct” , Queen excepted, is not a high on the Royal family agenda.

The sight of Meghan walking alone into the cathedral spoke volumes.

Firstly it said “Look at me”, little knowing that every bride is the centre of attention anyway.

Secondly, it showed how few friends she has that she had to ask her future Father In Law to give her away.

Thirdly, only ONE member of her family attended.

I always felt this was a mass ghosting exercise - a reinvention of herself- most of the A list guests there hardly knew her- it was a “show wedding” - Oprah, George Clooney etc - they wouldn’t have given her the time of day just a few years previously -it would have cost her nothing to invite her step family - but this was all about brand and laying the foundations for a reinvented Megan -and her embarrassment about her father- as I said previously for little money you could have flown him over 1 month previous, get him settled in a quiet location in some royal shack and manage his appearances and get him ready for the big day- she completely failed him- he’s not perfect but what dad is and the fact she knew him well means she should have wrapped him in cotton wool -lord knows she could afford it.

Her embarrassment was her own doing - his failure to appear was her own doing- her family going against her was her own doing- if you’re going to ghost your relatives and have absolutely no one there from your family bar your mother, that’s never going to bode well long term - had they all got an invite, at least you could have controlled them somewhat - Instead look what happened

We all have people we don’t want to invite to our wedding- friends of parents, distant cousins, mad Aunts- but sometimes the best approach is invite them knowing you have reduced family tensions- it’s not like you ever have to see them again after the wedding and hey ho, some might even say no.

There was no reason I can think of why Megan didn’t invite her step siblings except that they didn’t fit in with her new found “friends” - it was as if she wanted to deny all of her past and present herself as a natural A list celebrity - her family profile didnt fit that archetype - an inconvenient truth that she tried to hide away.

• Advertisement

this is more conspiricy theory then fact really when we examine everything we know about meghan and her family.

an individual having to take themselves out of a family can happen for many reasons. sometimes it's down to them and they are the problem, other times it is the family dynamic that means an individual has to take themselves out to preserve their sanity and all else and it is the family that is the issue.

the world is complicated and we know there are issues with parts of meghan's family and she has had no option but to remove herself from those individuals.

Advertisement