Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my team 22/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Latest draft:

Henderson (Hennessy)

TAA, Cancelo, 4.5, Zinchenko (neco)

Salah, Diaz, Grealish (4.5, 4.5)

Jesus, Haaland, Martial

Henderson could be Sanchez or Raya.

Grealish could become Coutinho or sancho if I downgrade martial

Martial could become mitrovic/solanke

I wish I could fit in some Spurs players and I’ve no interest in Chelsea players just yet. They seem abit of a mess on and off the pitch in preseason

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Biggest choice for me is going with 2 or 3 premiums.

Feel with 3 I've covered the big hitters but overall team is weaker.

Raya (Balcombe)

James, Cancelo, TAA, Dalot (Williams)

Bailey, Salah, Pereira (Colback, Murphy - 2 fodders)

Jesus, Haaland, Kane

Going with 2 premiums allows a much more balanced team.

Raya (Balcombe)

Zinchenko, Dalot, TAA, James, Cancelo

Salah, Diaz, Sancho (2 4.5 fodders)

Jesus, Haaland/Kane (Greenwood)

Going without Spurs cover - Kane or Son scares me. For City, it feels like Haaland or no one. Grealish or Mahrez too much uncertainty over them starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah it's the big decision for me too, Son or not basically. Team is far more balanced without him. With him I'm relyng on Undev or Bailey each week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Get rid of Drager, he's on the way out and will not get any game time over Toffolo, Williams or Laryea

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Hub has Sanchez as the top scoring 4.5 goalie for the first six GWs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Fred Astaire

Currently on -

De Gea

TAA Cancelo Dalot Botman

Bailey Guimaraes Salah

Haaland Kane Martial.

Bench - Forster, Williams, Pereira, Lavia

.5 in bank

Only possible change from here is probably De Gea to a 4.5 and Martial to Jesus.

I'm on BB for GW1, currently looking like

Sanchez- Guiata

Robbo - Trippier - Jonny - Doherty - Zinchencko

Salah - Maddison - Andreas - Coutinho - Harrison

Kane - Jesus - Solanke

Hopefully I won't need to make any transfer for a while as I currently have four Arsenal players (Zinchenko from Citeh to Arsenal)

Bailey currently the only risk in that team to not start.

• Advertisement

Up to yourself but I'd rate Dalot, Botman, Bailey and Martial all as doubtful to start.

You've double united defence without any proof that they aren't going to be the dumpster fire at the back they were last year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'm currently going with Dalot cause he's a cheapie at 4.5 and could do well. I'd be inclined to think he'll start myself but no guarantee right now.

Have to agree with @Green&Red though, double United defence is madness IMO.

Martial too big a risk too to start, I'd downgrade DDG to a 4.5 and upgrade Martial to Jesus. The latter is heavily owned and an easy downgrade if he doesn't start well. If he does start well, you're already behind the pack.

So I am a United season ticket holder and believe they will do very well this year and that their players are priced like a bottom half side.

Last season was an outlier and they still finished 6th. They have brought in 2 new defenders to strengthen the back four also. Typically they are in the top 5 for clean sheets.

As for Dalot and Martial, they are both first choice. Martial could lose his position depending on signings but as it stands he will definitely be first choice for the first few weeks.

I'm just not convinced by Jesus, who consistently underperforms his xG and is moving to a side who create far fewer chances than the one he was with.

I still might change things but I'm very confident that United are massively underpriced at virtually every position on the pitch, kind of similar to how many Arsenal players were underpriced last year.

What do you think of Rashford and sancho? Rashford could be a serious bargain but from what I’ve read on the pre season games sancho seems to be sharper.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭nice bit of green

Martinez

Trippier, Perišic, Zinc

Son, Salah, Henderson, Bruno G

Nunez, Kane, Johnson

subs: Olsen, B Williams, N Williams, Pereira

the price rise for Son is a killer but understandable. Hoping Nunez runs riot first couple of games.

Yea I think Sanchez is the best pick in terms of Brighton being the better side. He can be boring in the sense he usually gets 2 or 6 points.

If I go with Henderson it will be taking a chance that he’ll get lots of save points and also bonus points whenever they do get a clean sheet.

Get rid of Henderson and B Williams. I know Perisic is highly owned but I think hes likely to be subbed early in a lot of games

I like the Nunez pick, won't do it myself but I think he could start well provided he gets the minutes. Community shield will tell a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Re: Sanchez, have BHA signed a replacement for Bissouma, and if so how's he been doing in pre-season?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

As has been said, bin Henderson. I'd also pick one of Son or Kane and spread the funds to your defence. You will need a Liverpool or City defender, most likely both.

As a Liverpool fan, I wouldn't be confident that Nunez is in the starting XI v Fulham.

Rashford has looked atrocious for so long (a good 18 months) that most fans I know have totally written him off. Maybe a full pre-season and a new manager can help him recover, but I wouldn't bank on it - especially because I don't think he has looked much better than last season in the pre season games. For me he is one to keep an eye on but stay away from early. His terrible decision making will always put a ceiling on his capabilities.

Sancho is one I would have in my team if I could fit him in. If He had occasional flashes of good play last season (which is more than the rest of them) and has been excellent in the friendlies - one of our best players. Him and Dalot have struck up a very good partnership on the right (which is another reason I like Dalot a lot). I think he will have an excellent season. He thrived in a very specific system at Dortmund with lots of instruction and was bought by Ole who sent his players out with minimal instruction - being back under a proper system manager should do him the world of good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Going with Kane & Haaland is seriously risky. You’ll be ultimately moving that cash out of your forwards if one or both doesn’t fire & that’ll require multiple moves.

Remember Ronnie & Lukaku last season, there’ll be times to put them (Ronnie) in but 2 x 11.5m strikers with no alternatives I think is a bad strategy.

At least with midfielders you can jump between a few options very swiftly

if you want to go with one go with Kane. We don’t know how Haaland will far on the bps & while he might score, KdB could easily be outscoring him regularly with goals/assists & bps.

Go Son/Haaland or KdB/Kane would be my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I like that team. Well balanced & funds used well. Can easily jump between different options early doors.

I like the Maddy pick, I think he is gonna be banging Southgates door down come Xmas. His numbers where very good at the end of the season while being managed & has pre-season under his belt

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I feel like you can see that 2 or 3 million in the team, that hasn’t been cut out through going for a 4.0 keeper, a 4.0 defender and a 4.5 striker.

That 2 or 3 million is basically having Trent and Cancelo in your team. If those guys don’t do their usual, you are laughing, but they’re dangerous guys to go without, especially since they’re not coming at near the cost to your budget as the actual premiums.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Two new defenders who are new to the PL. They may or may not hit the ground running but doubling up on the defence is a big risk. You're not convinced by Jesus (who has one of the best goals per minute ratios in PL history) but are putting Martial in your team, one of the most inconsistent fpl assets in recent years. I just don't see it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I agree with you if you going to play fantasy football and want to play well while you will want some of your team you support sometimes you have to be realistic and pick players especially from rivals that are good. A risk in good but you have to have the rest of the team ready to take the slack for a game or 2 until you can transfer them if it does not go well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Another day closer anxiety rising and my next draft after hours of chopping and changing mostly midfield.

Alisson

TAA James Laporte

Smith Rowe De Bruyne Hojberg Murphy Salah

Antonio Jesus

Subs

Darlow Cucurella Mings Forss

Has a few in thought and went through about 10 differnt midfielder for 2 spots

Helpful criticism as always

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'd be worried about three of your midfielders getting anywhere near enough minutes. I'd change Smith Rowe for Martinelli, and then get rid of Hojberg and Murphy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

First draft, any thoughts appreciated:

Raya

TAA | cancelo | james

Guimarães | Diaz | rashford | coutinho

Kane | jesus | haaland

Bench: gazzaniga|andreas pereira|neco Williams|vestergaard

I actually didn't cop I had 0.5m in the bank, team now looks like

Sanchez- Guiata

TAA - Trippier - Jonny - Doherty - Zinchencko

Salah - Maddison - Andreas - Coutinho - Harrison

Kane - Jesus - Solanke

No City is the big thing.

I get what you're saying about the 2m being missing but the idea of the BB is that I'll be able to access that at the latest by my WC, so GW 4 or 5.

My planner shows that Solanke will be last sub until GW 6, so thats a bank of 1.5m.

I'm torn between Kane and Haaland, worried that Haaland won't get the same minutes but I don't have Kane as C until GW6. Haaland would be C in GW5

• Advertisement

You need some red tinted glasses

Fred Astaire and nice bit of green need to leave aside their team loyalties IMO

But having said that people obviously enjoy FPL more when their team is doing well and they are doing well on the back of that

Advertisement