Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

COUNT D'ORSAY, 3.08 Chester looks a decent ew bet in a valuable handicap over 5 furlongs,a low draw is important here but the 4 draw suits COUNT D'ORSAY as he likes to come from behind and i would not want him locked in on the rail.

The horse is reasonably well handicapped with Copper Knight,Gabrial the Devil and Look out Louis who he met recently,unusually for a sprinter he can get outpaced before running on strongly and the likely fast pace should suit.

Bet 365 go 9/1 and 4 places and that looks very good value, most other firms go 7/1 and as the horse runs well at this quirky track he is worth a decent bet.

3 more selections for today and I will leave it at that.

MARIA BRANWELL is short enough for the 3.30 super sprint worth a 100,000 to the winner but is impossible to oppose.

She would be giving lumps of weight away if this were a handicap but the weights are by how much horses cost at auction and Maria looks a"good thing" at around 2 to 1.

Two big races at Market Rasen and a bit of value to be had we with Pp going 4 places.

In the 2.41Galata Bridge seems to have been laid out for the race by Richard Newland and is the bet ew at 5 to1.

In the 3.14 Mahlers Promise is on a good mark and has won twice here and looks value at 8 to 1 ew,he has a handy weight,won over c and d last time out and should be competitive.

The 3 oc at Ascot is a valuable hotly contested handicap worth £77,310 to the winner.

My 4 against the field are CHIEFOFCHIEFS,ROPEY GUEST, TACTICAL and JUMBY.

I will probably have a few quid ew on CHIEFOFCHIEFS who runs well in this type of handicap but i have already invested 12 euro on a full perm tri-cast,that is 24 50 cent bet to get the first 3 in any order.

It seems a crazy bet but for small money its a bit of fun with the chance of a very big return.

The 4 horses mentioned above are all big field performers over 7 furlongs and i feel confident a couple of them at least will be placed (many books go 6 places).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Anyone got a reliable one for Galway?

Thanks for all the feedback. My own ew longshot is hdb' nuits st George in the 6.40, 28-1

• Advertisement

Galway, c'mon folks,day 3,anyone got anything??

Hard to get winners i Galway with fierce competitive racing,was there on monday and not going again until saturday and the crowds seemed bigger than ever before.My view is that we should enjoy the racing and keep stakes on the small side because this meeting is normally a bookies bonanza.

I,just like most punters like to get involved in too many races and at least by keeping stakes on the small side not too much damage will be done.

5.10 lightly raced COUNTRY QUEEN can feature.

5.40 SHOOT FIRST 8/1 will be trying for the shrewd Charlie Byrne and is worth an ew bet at 8s 5 places.

6.10 I backed TULLYPOLE ANNIE a week ago and can repay ew support at 8s.

7 year olds have won 6 of the last 11 Galway Plates and there are only three 7 year olds in todays race.

TWO have more weight than ideal (HEWICK 11.7 and GABYNAKO 11.7) of the two HEWICK is an exciting chaser trained by Shark Hanlon and is not without an ew chance at 14/1.However as most winners carry less than 11 stone one with a very good chance is FIRE ATTACK 10.7 inc claim and being the correct age must have a good chance.

DAIRERIN won on monday and it is worth looking at winners who are turned out again in Galway and that one is worth a few quid to win again.

If anyone has an appetite or punting at Goodwood i like the lightly raced SAMAHRAM IN THE 2.25 ew at 8/1,french trained runners do well here and at 8/1 is a good ew bet with Frankie on board and a reasonable draw.

Frankie got into a lot of trouble and with a clear run we would have collected.

At least we got the place money.

Main fancy Fire Attack came down in the lead when going well enough but the 7 year old Hewick dud the biz and a small bet landed.

Great to see Shark win the plate, with a horse bought for €850!

• Advertisement

COZONE 8.20 Galway is in with a serious chance.

ANNA BUNINA is a tough and consistent mare who did me a turn when winning the scottish champion hurdle and i was going to have a score ew on her to win the Galway hurdle at 5.05.

She is closely matched with HEIA trained by Willie Mullins and there should not be much between then tomorrow.

Instead of having a score ew on one i divided my stake and have a tenner ew on both at 16/1 6 places.

]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,369 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Definitely one to keep an eye on. Nearly stopped for a coffee once beaten.

Slightly off topic I know but watching the Galway plate yesterday and there were 3 loose horses. They ran ahead of the rest and jumped impeccably! In fact I can't recall ever seeing a loose horse fall at a fence. Should more jockeys just let the horse run his race.

A couple of big handicaps got my attention for friday at Goodwood and Galway.

The 3.oc at Goodwood is a very competitive handicap over a mile, with 20 runners taking part it will take some winning and form in big field handicaps is essential.

The best mile handicap run this year was the Hunt Cup at Ascot and a couple of winners have come from the race already.

SINJAARI ran well in that race and has come out and won since,has a big chance here despite top weight and i worth a few quid ew at 10s.

ORBAAN was placed in this last year,has been running well recently and must be backed ew at 25 to 1 as he now runs off a 14 lbs lower mark,is drawn well and has De Sousa on board.

His trainer David Omeara has 6 entries but ORBAAN at the price is the value for me having looked at the race for quite a while tonight.

The big handicap in Galway is the 6.35 and i am backing one i backed on monday night at a big price and was placed,the shorter trip may help tomorrow and the very lightly raced CASK MATE trained by Noel Meade looks a very good ew bet at 12/1 5 places,though 6 places may be on offer in one of the shops.

CASK MATE could be ahead of the handicapper and rates a decent bet,,looked like a winner at this trip on monday.

Just one more bet at Goowood,I tipped Reshoun at a big price for a staying handicap at Royal Ascot and he was just caught by a Mullins horse,came out and won since and despite running off a mark higher than ever before is an ew bet in the first at Goodwood over 2 and a half miles at 7 to1 5 places.

A dour stayer should be staying on despite giving 24 lbs to some in opposition.

Rachael does this to perfection.

The value of getting the best deal,I got the place money on Reshoun finished fast for 5th so a small profit instead of a loss in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

A stone better off than when placed last year,I could not resist a tittle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

Ken pitterson annoys me way more than he should in his itv cameo. Carry on sorry for derail. I feel better now getting that off my chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Great tipping Zimmer. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hibbert

Thanks zimmermania for the tips, nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭crushproof

Lovely Zimmer and well done others who spotted it. Stuck in work all day so missed that Orbaan tip!

3 nice handicaps with extra places in Goodwood, 2 online with PP,an extra place with some in the other and will check the shops for the extra place in the 1.40 but will still have a bet if i can only get 3 places.

There is a so called snip in the 1.40 where Lethal Levi is about 9 lbs well in but is a very skinny price and very often these "good things" get turned over.

The one i like is MOKAATIL who has been running well and was a good 4th at another sharp track (Epsom) last time.

At 11/1 MOKAATIL is worth backing ew especially if we can get the 4th place,the useful Harry Davies takes of 5 lbs and the horse can be competitive off 86.

VALLEY FORGE ran well before weakening in the final furlong in the ultra competitive Northumberland plate last time and with 5 places he can win over two furlongs shorter and is a very good ew bet at around 6/1.

I will have a saver on CEMHAAN ew as he looks sure to win again before long 2.10 Goodwood.

Finally in the Stewards cup worth over 128,000£ to the winner PP is going 7 places and the bet for me is SUMMERGHAND who is still running well as an 8 year old.

Fifth of 26 and 6th of 22 in his last two runs SUMMERGHAND likes this track,he won this off 108 in 2020,was 4th off 100 in 2019 and 12th last year not beaten far when finding trouble.

Dropped to a mark of 100 now SUMMERGHAND has been off for 6 weeks and it looks to me that Omeara has laid him out for this.

As always this strong finisher will be running on looks value at 12 or 14/1 7 places.Goodwood 3.20.

Cailin Cliste out today,unsuitable ground,draw was also poor so it is for the best and we will have other opportunities.

Mokaatil drifting mad,dont know the reason but my money (10 quid ew) is on and its bog so hoping nothing's amiss.

Tudhope going to Thirsk is surprising Lattam and Pisanello could be the reason.

A double at a shade over 7 to 2 could be the bet today,higher odds if one or both go out in the betting but a value bet imo at current odds as both horses have reached a good level to date and look like improvers to me.

Border Edge 11 to 8 5.50 Kem and Queen of Ours 7.oc Sligo 10 to 11.

• Advertisement

Grocer Jack is all the rage for the 3 .oc at Haydock today a group 3 race following a 9 length win in a listed race.

That race with 5 runners did take a lot of winning and at around evens may be poor value.

Intelligent has run two fantastic races in two of the hottest handicaps of the year and may be good enough at an ew price to win this.

Annamat is closely matched with Intellogent and also has a decent chance.

I will back both ew and have a small reverse forecast on the pair.

Advertisement