Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any way to turn down the volume on our HKC alarm?

Options
  • 08-08-2021 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

We have a HKC alarm, Im not sure about what mode it is but heres the probem we have.

When I enter the code in the morning to disable the alarm it says "SYSTEM IS NOW UNSET" really realy loud and it wakes everyone in the house.

Also when I press 0#4 to arm the alarm it says "SYSTEM ARMING", again its very very loud.

I need to find out how to turn down the volume on the speaker.

Does anyone know how to do this?

I have attached a photo of the alarm and panel

Hope someone can help

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Have you got engineer code?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

I don't unfortunately. I done some research and found out what the default engineer code is but it doesnt seem to work.

I don't even remember who installed the alarm and theres no sticker or phone number on the panel.

Is there anything else I can do?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

In the programming of the system there is are options available that will sort out that issue.

If there is no indication of who installed it, then get onto a local PSA registered company and they should be able to help you out.

In the short term you could get some cotton wool and tape it over the series of holes on the front lower right of the keypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pentax

Hi,

I would also like to turn down the volume on the keypad. I have the engineers code and also know where to turn it down. My issue is that when I select the RKP within "wired Devices" i get the following message "RKP has no id" and then wont let me turn the volume down.

Does anyone know how to assign the keypad with an ID. I only have one keypad.

Regards

Pentax

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pentax

Hi Altor,

Thanks for that. When i go into "Add and Identify Devices" it does a scan finds the one RKP but i dont know how to appply an ID to the one RKP.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Pentax

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

You need to open and close the tamper on the keypad to ID.

There is a tab which covers the screw to the right of the yes button.

If its a touch keypad you need to pry off the front cover to see the 2 screws.

Advertisement