Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Miadhc

Previous for rape in other countries. Another great addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭surrender monkey

It was attempted rape as per the article but no matter there should not be free movent of people with previous convictions such as this in the EU. Also he came to Ireland in December 2017 and raped the victim in February 2018 he didn't last long before this breaking the Law again. It's a disgrace that violent sexual offenders are afforded free movent within the EU. A person like this brings nothing of benefit to a country. He should be sent back to Romania at the end of his sentence and never let in to this country again or any other EU country for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 7,330 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I really worry for my kids when we are letting 1000s in which we know none of their history.

Rapists, murderers, paedophiles you name it, we could be getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I wouldn’t give a fcuk what you wear!

Maybe wear sunscreen, that’d be about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Cordell

Well we need some Bloods and Crips* for proper cultural enrichment.

*crips, not crisps

Fighting over the Irishman's postcodes. Let them at it.

Sunday World love the diversity gore stories to the extent they'll doorstop this specimen at work to get his picture while it would be more useful questioning the dirt who facilitated his presence in the country and the judge who suspended his sentence. 

Our old friend Chico back in the news...

>Dublin Circuit Criminal Court heard on Monday that Makamda failed to leave the country as required after being released in January 2022 and has since accrued two convictions for failing to notify gardai of his address as required for registration under the Sex Offenders Act.

>Garda Ruth Finnegan said the Garda National Immigration Bureau had attempted to make several appointments with Makamda to assist him in leaving the country, but the information he gave them was incorrect and they do not know his nationality. He has been in custody since June.

They can't even figure out the nationality of a man whose been jailed for sexual assault with 15 prior convictions. Really demonstrates the extent of their vetting ability for foreigners.

Ireland is not a serious country, but least we know where this cretin is for the time being....

https://www.sundayworld.com/crime/courts/serial-sex-attacker-chico-makamda-jailed-again-after-failing-to-leave-the-country/1337745322.html

You know you can link directly to the stories in question. Its usually a better idea as you are only allowed to paste excerpts from articles

• Advertisement

So Ireland have this sex offenders list which is a good thing because sex offenders virtually never rehabilitate, once that line is crossed it cannot be uncrossed. But a foreigner sex offender who comes here gets a fresh start. Why isn't this a huge problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

My mother waited 12 hours in A&E.

I wonder how long it took for these two to get medical attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

So surprise when I saw who wrote that article, that one won't be happy until half of Africa is living here.

That Henderson guy was on Drivetime this evening, McInerney just let him ramble on and didn't challenge one single thing he said.

I've heard it all now when these lads come with a story about being in fear of their lives and then want to go to other EU countries on a holiday!

Interesting part of the article was when this "refugee" contacted McEntee about the new visa requirments, they know she is the weak link in the chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭buried

If some Irish person isn't complying with DaCors law, that's all DaCor is concerned about. Including link laws.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

All of the court time, man hours, resources and effort put into that low life who just can't be arsed to leave. What a country we are and what a useless blight he is.

Gript had an article on him from April also. They say he is from Angola plus some more details about him and the cases.

"When a deportation order is issued, the obligation is on the person to remove themselves from the state…We can’t be precise about how many actually do because we don’t have exit checks.”

Michael Kirrane, director general of INIS at the Department of Justice

Of what benefit or asset to our country is this.

Honestly people have to wake up.

Ahh.. err... I'd say the ideas of western values is superior, but the reality falls far short.

I do appreciate Western culture and it's values.. especially after living abroad, but I also see a shitload of arrogance, brutality, double standards, etc when it comes to how western cultures interact with other cultures, and how it applies to it's own citizens. That other cultures have their own positives, which are usually specific to the geographical regions they belong to and the ethnic groups there.

The thing is.. since I returned to the West after living in Asia, I've come to realise that so much of what we praise in western culture is just propaganda. It doesn't exist or if it does, it's applied in a vague or lacklustre manner.

Take the US for example. Sure, it's the extreme version for everything but they are supposedly the bastion of democracy, freedom, and morons. From them, we've gained the PC movement, woke, BLM, the largest manufacture and suppler of weapons, an abysmal literacy score, nutjob religious groups/messiah leaders, serial killers, etc. It's essentially a third world nation masquerading as a first world nation. It's a country of opposites, and double standards. Elitism, racial divisions, massive wealth inequalities, poverty, child marriage, etc.

How does the US represent the idea of western values in practical terms? Cause honestly, I don't think they ever did, except as a propaganda reel.

It's not that western culture is superior. It's simply that we got in ahead in terms of industrialisation, and modernisation. We managed to develop and then strangle religion, removing it from most governments, leading to a system of governance that left most ideologies outside. That's it really. We're ahead of the curve in development and that gave us an advantage over everyone else.

Like, China would be the primary competitor to western dominance, but China is still a century behind Europe. The country is just too damn large, it's culture still bound by traditions/values from the Ming Dynasty, and don't get me started with Confucius. Cultural and institutional corruption guarantees that they won't progress quickly, except as a propaganda piece. It's rise from poverty was mostly a publicity stunt. Culturally, and in terms of values, they're really messed up. Suitable for Asia, but it's not conducive towards building a united society, based on fairness, and respect. Which is why they're not a real competitor to Europe..

The Europe of the past, that is. If European nations were starting off at the same place as China, we'd be screwed now, due to all the rubbish coming out of the US, and the EU crapfest. We're driving along on the fumes of past success... and that's going to stutter out sooner or later.

TBH in spite of all the authoritarian governments, the major police presence, the restrictions on the internet, etc I felt more free in Asia, than I have in Europe. We're so regulated, and while we're not monitored, we don't need to be. Everything needs to be signed off by someone. Everything needs a professional to do it. We've allowed our society to create a range of prettified impenetrable steel bars around us.. forcing us to comply to an approved set of behaviours. Oh, we can see through the bars and pretend that we're free... but we're not. I realised this when I bought some land and a house. If I failed to pay the government charges, they could seize that property. It really made me think about what freedoms we have, and what's the limitation on them.. because there are always limitations on our freedoms.

We have embraced the propaganda that elevates western culture to some higher position.. because it's nice to believe it to be true. But in reality very few of our great ideas are implemented equally or effectively. Our courts and justice system is a joke. Our Health service has been struggling for decades. We're nowhere near actual gender equality, due to favouritism towards feminist agendas. We can point to human treatment of prisoners (whooptiedo) but then point to how Spain or Italy treats theirs... All western nations. Different strokes for different folks, but the overall catchall term of western culture is superior... maybe. I could go on, but there's little point.

We live in a culture that loves the smell of our own farts.

@[Deleted User] I never said it was perfect, I only said it's the best. For the very reasons you also listed in your post. And maybe in the future other culture will surpass it, it's won't be the first time, but for the moment, it is what it is. For all the bad things including, as you quite perfectly said, the love for our own farts, it's still the culture that did for mankind much more than all the others combined.

We're driving along on the fumes of past success

No, I don't agree here. We have taken some steps that are maybe backwards, but we're still going ahead.

How does the US represent the idea of western values in practical terms?

Capitalism and innovation. We're taking now because american capitalism driven innovation made it affordable for us to buy computers and connect to the internet. All the woke BS, all the BLM insanity, all these will pass, it's just noise anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Yonce

Another chancer.

150 visits to the GP no less (approx €7,500) ....no doubt funded by gullible Paddy the tax payer

• Advertisement

I never said it was perfect, I only said it's the best. For the very reasons you also listed in your post. And maybe in the future other culture will surpass it, it's won't be the first time, but for the moment, it is what it is.

Did I claim that you considered it to be perfect? Perfection is an absolute. An extreme, and I respect your opinions far too much to place you in such a category of poster.

For all the bad things including, as you quite perfectly said, the love for our own farts, it's still the culture that did for mankind much more than all the others combined.

I'm not so sure of that. For the most part, other cultures and their progress was localised to their particular regions. Europeans are somewhat unique due to the ages of exploration, and colonialism, because they spread far beyond their respective regions, which isn't terribly common elsewhere. However, they took inspiration from other cultures, and that influenced the progression of thought in Europe. Many of our greatest philosophers, poets, dabblers in morality, held their own fascinations with oriental culture which influenced their own publications. Many of the "basic" inventions that emerged after the Dark ages, or during industrialisation, were founded elsewhere, but in Europe/America found the resources needed to reach their highest potential.

I don't think we can really separate western (or rather the foundational European) culture from the rest of the world... and those cultures that existed elsewhere continued to be glorious themselves, in their own regions. They just weren't granted the same scope that Western culture did.

No, I don't agree here. We have taken some steps that are maybe backwards, but we're still going ahead.

No. We're not expanding. We're reinventing. We're not growing. Tinkering with ideas and concepts from the past, and making them marginally different. Instead, the push is to demolish or destroy all the foundational core structures of traditional culture (the culture that made us stronger than others), while promoting ideologies/agendas that divide us into ever smaller groups of people each with their own prioritized agendas.

Look at the climate change threads. So many posters talk about all the expenditure of western nations, and talk about how the west should downsize it's consumerism, it's industry, it's... well, everything. Even though, all of those things contributed heavily towards us being the first world. And there's no appreciation that other non-western nations (which are the majority), will want to industrialise, and reach the standards of living we take for granted. It's like the desire for many in the west to reduce poverty worldwide, without acknowledging that such a result would cause population rates to increase dramatically.. all contributing to a greater strain on resources, both in those target nations, and in western nations as those people immigrate here.

We're not growing as a society. We're finding and establishing more problems to bite us in the ass at a later point. Self-sabotage. First world problems.

Capitalism and innovation. We're taking now because american capitalism driven innovation made it affordable for us to buy computers and connect to the internet. All the woke BS, all the BLM insanity, all these will pass, it's just noise anyway.

I don't agree. The movements relating to social change are increasing each decade, not decreasing.. as is the support from people, the resources allocated, and the government involvement. It's not just noise. They're attempts to reshape society, and bring in boundaries on behaviour.

As for capitalism, and innovation.. The US has fallen far behind many other countries in terms of innovation, except where it involves military applications. And capitalism? Err.. that's a rather vague discussion point, which I could add a pile of negatives, but I'd point out that American capitalism is not the same as European capitalism. In reality, it's not. In any case, the point was about "Western culture", not what America is best known for.. which is still a propaganda piece, and hardly reflects what they're truly known for in terms of culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,349 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

"When a deportation order is issued, the obligation is on the person to remove themselves from the state…We can’t be precise about how many actually do because we don’t have exit checks.”

Michael Kirrane, director general of INIS at the Department of Justice

Although I read this before, it still amazes me.

What other country in the world would say to a criminal upon conviction:

"Now, would you ever make your own way to the prison, please"

In my naivete, I presumed a deportation order meant that the Gardai and INIS staff accompanied the illegal immigrant to the airport, and sat beside them on the aircraft.

You couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,349 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I thought Minister McEntee said she was going to act against criminals who are involved in sexual harassment?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Who made the law of on your own volition to leave the state ? Seems mad. Is it an EU thing or Irish Gov.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

And break the record for not deporting people are you mad 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 25,266 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

This country…It really has plummeted quite from a great height, down to levels of absolute unfair pissyness not seen since the British were running the show.

we don’t have anything near the presence of Gardai….in Balbriggan or elsewhere to cope with the rate of unfair fûckin mindless population growth, and the up shift in violent crime….don’t have jail places and therefore don’t have appropriate sentences that enables the law to be a deterrent in respect and due to sudden population growth. Not that judges give a fûcking crap or are accountable anyway.

the Woke Siochana management however can be spending money …on updating marked Garda vehicles so they don’t actually look like Garda marked vehicles and buying flags to raise that neither represent the entire community, state, country who they are supposed to work for…

Maybe they could save enough money to hire, train equip and pay an extra Garda instead of all this crap at various stations throughout the country..instead of doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

It's clear to be seen that our government are a shower of spineless yes men.

European Parliament has more of a say about what happens in this country than our own government.

But behind it all they must laugh at the way this country is ran. Do it yourself crime punishment. Jesus christ were finished .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Just a couple of weeks ago Justice McEntee attended a discussion relating to human trafficking that was hosted at the US embassy. While McEntee said It was ‘heartening to hear’ everyone who was present at the circle show their determination in tackling this crime, MOJ plans on releasing details of Irelands action plan in how we’ll make it easier for victims to come forward to seek help and justice. How does the DOJ and McEntee plan on getting on top of this exactly when Ireland has an open border policy welcoming all sorts into the country with the bait of free accommodation and health care etc? 

It's fair to assume at this point that the penny may have finally dropped and people are aware of the asylum numbers and how vulnerable we are. Ireland cannot expect to not have elements of this crime until our immigration laws have become strengthened further and widely enforced. Until that is resolved we will continue to see cases like these. 

Since 2010 Ireland has repeatedly failed in prosecuting those guilty. The number of human trafficking cases going before the courts went from 17 cases in 2010 to 149 between January and July 2021. Only 173 out of 297 reports of human trafficking in the past five years led to a prosecution. How can a country display tolerance for such crime? Despite the issue being brought to justice ministers' attention, only 108 Gardaí are currently assigned to the GNIB. Failing to properly staff the Bureau at a time when the numbers arriving, by the Government's own admission, are through the roof, is reckless and will have a negative effect that will only be prolonged by the government's incompetence. For the past 10+ years, Fine Gael has held the position of Minister for Justice, now we have a minister with no experience at the helm.

A major torn in Ireland’s side has been its failure to tackle human trafficking, and it has been internationally criticized. The annual Trafficking in Persons report 2021, by the US Department of State said Ireland fell significantly behind other Western nations in dealing with the international problem of human trafficking and its treatment of victims and would remain on tier two, joining only Romania out of the 27 EU member states. Ireland was downgraded and was placed on its “tier two watch list” twice in three years since 2018. A positive note: US TiP report states Ireland has been making good progress but still remains on tier 2 status as it is “not fully [meeting] the minimum standards for the elimination of trafficking

At a briefing, Cross-Party Oireachtas Life & Dignity Group, co-chaired by Deputy Nolan and Deputy Peter Fitzpatrick, was informed by IHREC about the emerging trend of the trafficking of pregnant women into Ireland for the purpose of forced adoption. Something tells me they are late to cop this ....

In the past year alone Ireland has been experiencing a lot of “firsts”… case’s relating to the facilitation of and human trafficking, the running of brothels, forced labor, etc 

• We have seen the first conviction of its kind when two Nigerian nationals were found guilty of human trafficking, prostitution and money laundering. Girls were brought from North Africa to Italy, through Europe, and then to Ireland. The victims were promised work and a good wage in Ireland… described as “the land of milk and honey”….
    • We have witnessed one of the first prosecutions under the Human Trafficking and Exploitation Act 2015 in the north of Ireland where a Nigerian couple kept a 32-year-old woman from Nigeria as a domestic slave who is said to have a learning age of a 4-year-old child. Though their victim arrived in the North in 2011, I’m stunned as to how the victim worked as a nanny given they are illiterate.
    • A Swedish woman, Zam Zam Abdikarim, was the first to be charged with an offense under section 6 of the recently introduced Criminal Justice (Smuggling of Persons) Act 2021 intentionally assisting entry, transit across or presence of another person in the State in breach of a specified provision.

Notable mentions:

• A Brazilian man was charged with running two brothels in Naas, Kildare. One ‘practitioner’ in her 70s working to pay for a kidney transplant for her 40-year-old son back home in Brazil
    • Gardaí targets a Brazilian human trafficking gang exploiting sex workers in Ireland. 13 suspected gang members were identified, investigation team estimated there are a further 50 potential victims. The gang's recruiters trafficked their victims via Portugal, UK & N.I. Two femail Brazilian witnesses thought they were going to be working in different employment. 
    • A Crime gang trafficked 43 Syrian migrants into Britain via Dublin & Belfast in less than a month. All facilitated by a Syrian man (39) who moved to Egypt & Libya. Who was granted asylum in Sweden where he spent 7 years, before moving to the North in 2020
    • A Brazilian man was arrested in Donegal and charged under the Illegal Immigrants (Trafficking) Act 2000, a female remains in custody. He required a Portuguese interpreter.
    • Albanian asylum seeker Mafioso who headed a sophisticated people smuggling scheme while living in Direct Provision 
    • A Lithuanian gang aka ‘The Russians’ trafficked 'slaves' into Ireland to sell heroin in rural towns. According to the UN Office on Drugs and Crime, a 2019 report showed that Ireland has the second highest street price of heroin in Europe. I thought we'd be first but blame putins war....
    • And this...An investigation is currently underway in Drogheda after woman, a foreign national, claims she was trafficked into Ireland for organ harvesting. The Woman walked into a Drogheda garda station and told gardai she had been in Ireland for less than a week ago, for purpose of forcible organ harvesting. There no more information on this as of yet but it was only a matter of time before organ harvesting came present in ireland.

• Advertisement

Yes exactly. It's like they will bend over backwards to defend Islamic cultural practices in the West but of course they would never dream of actually living in an Islamic country. They don't really connect the dots and don't realise how they expose their own prejudices.

E.g. I love how the UK's Rwanda policy is being criticised as being inhumane and despicable but the critics never explain in detail because they would have to sh*t on Rwanda as a country. To be honest the Rwanda plan is absolute genius by the UK. If you are a genuine asylum seeker you would have no problem with being processed there.

Advertisement