Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it time to join Nato

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭mattser

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

😂

Ah you're from the Fox Mulder school of foreign policy I see. Poor Francie.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,705 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

What countries would you trust not to look after their own interests Yurt?

You come across as very naïve tbh, believing in a black and white/good guys v bad guys world.

I have a more nuanced view.

I thought you'd avoid that question. Just won a euro of the wife. Cheerrs!

• Advertisement

This isn't University Challenge. Stupid questions go unanswered.

On the day Russia struck a port with cruise missiles that was subject to a grain export agreement mediated by the UN, you're still peddling your conspiratorial "both sides" and X-Files "trust no one" philosophy.

It's clear you don't care a jot about the outside world and Ireland's place in it.

Do you seriously share these exchanges with the wife? I'm surprised she hasn't taken you aside to be perfectly honest.

Wrong.

I can stand over what I say and fear no questions on it.

You run when the questions don't suit.

You attempt to bully by invective and pathetic sad attempts at demeaning if you don't like what you are reading or a question.

So off you go and find another meme, the question will still be here when you get back.

Question time with Francie. It's a dumb question poorly posed - it will remain unanswered, because it's meaningless.

Want to know why? Becuase you're peddling a philosophy that will lock-in into our constitution UK dominion over our foreign policy (never mind Russia and China) and deployment of our Defence Forces - despite you on one hand displaying a pathological hatred for the state, and on the other, being completely breezy about the country having the ability to interdict in our foreign policy written into our constitution, and also having ascendancy over skies and waters in matters of defence probably forever.

That's the position of an utter fool. We're all glad you're so chipper in answering questions about your X-Files psychosis, because it's removed all doubt how bonheaded you can be when pushed.

The UK have never blocked a peace mission that I am aware of at the UN. If they do then it may be time to look at the Triple Lock. I have explained why I think it is important to operate under a UN banner.

You are free to disagree.

The triple lock is not the subject of the thread BTW . That is just introduced because your argument has failed and some invective and demeaning is needed. You think I pathologically hate the UK. Well you are wrong on that too, but carry on with the taunting attempts, they only embarrass yoursefl.

You were clear, you have a blanket "distrust of the British state and its motives" that you "will own all day long" (direct quotes from your own hand). That's pathological by any definition, and so pathological that it rises to the level of hatred. Both you and I are talking about your hang-ups about the state, and I won't let you wriggle out of the words you committed to the thread all by yourself.

You don't think the Triple Lock should be part of a thread pertaining to a discussion on Ireland's neutrality? Get lost Francie, you're baulking because it makes you look like a kook and a fool. You blather on at length about how untrustworthy the British are, and you want to lock into our constitution a British veto on how we deploy our Defence Forces? As well as the Chinese Communist Party, Vladimir Putin. You need your head checked son. You're no Republican.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,689 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You make bets with your wife as to whether someone would respond to your anonymous posting on an internet board? Wow, that is strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,689 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bully by invective?

Did he reduce you to a nameless belligerent unionist or partitionist by any chance?

Partitionist is a descriptive term, not an insult. You take it as one for some reason.

And belleigerent Unionists exist.

And I have said I have no issue 'distrusting them'. They have never blocked a peace mission at the UN, if they do then I will reconsider.

This isn't the hardest concept to grasp.

The thread is titeled 'Is it time to join NATO'.

The only time the TL gets mentioned is when you and blanch etc think I am going to get embarrassed by it.

I have stated very clearly my position on it. So keep it up, as I say youse are only embarrasing yourselves.

🤣 So you distrust them, but are happy to have them plonked in our constitution as the aribiter of our Armed Forces along with Vladimir Putin, but if your distrust proves to be well-founded, what do you propose to do with our constitution then?

"I have clearly stated my position on it" [the TL]

The only thing that's clear about it is that it's a garbled mess and that you think Xi Jingping should be part of our Constitutional order as a shadow Defence Minister.

In Francie-land, the Triple Lock is apparently off-topic for a thread on neutrality, but the Chagos Islands and Yemen are on-topic (😃).

My objection is to how you use it Yurt. Whenever the argument falters out it comes to try and goad.

Read carefully: I KNOW 5 nations at the UN have a veto.

I THINK that is not perfect.

I THINK though that the umbrella of the UN for peacekeeping roles is more important.

The UK have never blocked a mission, if they do, prehaps they have gone rogue and it is time to re-consider the TL.

*Please bookmark this post and go back to it whenever you wish to raise it again with me.

You want to calcify it into our consititution dingus. How will you or anyone else "reconsider it" when it's in stone in our law-of-laws that can't be legislatively amended by the government of the day?

Birdbrain stuff.

You don't like how this is brought up? You precious craythur, this is a thread about Ireland's neutrality - how do you expect it not to be brought up?

Where did I say I want to 'calcify it into the constitution'?

You lie through your teeth in order to call people names.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,410 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I haven't seen a beating this bad on a poster since Germany smashed Brazil 7-1 in the World Cup semi final in 2014.

In other news, the House has approved the bids of Sweden and Finland to join NATO, or should I say enter an organisation that wants to start/create forever wars... or something. #tinfoilhat

I always knew the Swedes and Finns were up to no good!

I haven't seen a beating this bad on a poster since Germany smashed Brazil 7-1 in the World Cup semi final in 2014.

Yes, Yurt, who has bullied and insulted anyone with a different opinion to him/her since the thread began has disappeared since his lie was called out in post 2783. QED

• Advertisement

Eh, I am not talking about Yurt Francie, i am talking about you.

Been smashed from pillar to post on this one, and all you have left are your mad conspiracy theories about NATO.

At least everyone now knows.

I didn't have to lie, bully or use invective to make my points.

Posters here had to lie and misrepresent my postion (That I supported Putin, that I wanted to 'calcify the Triple Lock into the constitution, etc etc) and claim false wins.

That's on posters like Mark and Yurt. Own it and stop the false chest thumping.

Your position is clear because you perfectly illustrated it.

A Putinversteher who has a knee-jerk hatred of the Brits and has a propensity to propagate conspiracy theories because you believe it.

More lies to try and bully someone out of the conversation.

Won't work mark.

I backed up what I was referenceing and the only thing you could come up with was derisory attempts to censor the conversation. Anytime criticism of NATO is made here we get the 'Putinversteher' stuff.

Realy does illustrate the thinness of the argument to join, if that is all you have got. An argument that up to now and into the future, as our Minister of Foreign Affairs has said, has failed. 'We won't be joining anytime soon'.

You backed up nothing Francie. You seem to love going over old arguments when you have beaten to a pulp already, then claiming you 'won'.

You are a low-knowledge poster with little to add on the topic at hand, that much is very clear.

Just because you 'believe' something doesn't make it so. You are free to believe crazy crackpot conspiracy stuff, and the rest of us are free to laugh at you and poke holes. That's how it works.

The memes again.

Not one single 'crazy' conspiracy theory from me, all of it based on factual information.

You claim all this stuff about 'winning' and 'beating to a pulp' and then try and shut down the conversation when questioned.

Classic bulying behaviour.

Here's a quick look at the US and the influence of the Arms Industry there, see this quote:

But when asked if the new administration would change the company’s financial outlook, and specifically business in the Middle East, Hayes wasn’t too worried.

“Peace is not going to break out in the Middle East anytime soon,” he said. “I think it remains an area where we’ll continue to see solid growth.”

‘They have massive influence.’ How Raytheon turned a potentially hard year into a good one. - The Boston Globe

Would you say that guy is 'interested' in 'an end to conflict'?

You can continue to pretend the world is a black and white political entity or a case of good folk v bad folk, but there are those who have a more nuanced, realistic un-naive view. But then, I suspect it is all an act from you guys.

Not one single 'crazy' conspiracy theory from me, all of it based on factual information.

Nope, your facts are not even facts. Didn't you try to claim that arms sold to Saudi from the UK were illegal until you utterly ripped apart?

Here's a quick look at the US and the influence of the Arms Industry there, see this quote:

Oh look, another 'fact'. ROFL. Whats your point I don't know but I am guessing its something to do with how the arms industry 'controls' NATO, or the world or how bankers rule the world.etc...etc..

Whats your opinion on the Rothchilds? ;)

You can continue to pretend the world is a black and white political entity or a case of good folk v bad folk, but there are those who have a more nuanced, realistic un-naive view. But then, I suspect it is all an act from you guys.

Something a Putinversteher would say.

That's just complete naivety and stubbornness to face realities - the huge influence of an industry that requires ongoing conflict to thrive.

It's there in black and white mark.

And that attitude from the leading players in NATO is why we are not in it and why even Coveney knows there won't be an appetite to be in it for a long time, if ever.

Post edited by FrancieBrady on

Yes yes yes, we are all naive and only you and your band of Putinversteher brothers know what the real story is and what's really going on. NATO and the arms industry keeping the conflict going.... so I guess you have some proof of this in relation to Ukraine, as in the arms industry created this war?

We have seen this rodeo before with Covid and anti-vaxxers, and their belief that Covid was a hoax, created by big pharma to make them money and to control us. Conspiracy theorists often share the same personality traits.

• Advertisement

I have shown the facts that leading members of NATO are heavily influenced by their arms industries and relish the growth conflict brings.

That has led me to make my assessment and argument.

You - have just supplied invective, namecalling and zero counter argument not to mention either a naive assessment of world affairs or a gung ho cheerlead for these same influencers, who as shown before and below would sell arms to a 2 year old for a quick profit

“With 80% of UK conventional weapons exports being sold to countries that Transparency International ranks as being at high risk of defence corruption,

Start supplying some counter facts mark...the invective and namecalling is water off this duck's back.

Advertisement