Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭littlevillage

There's definitely some sort of men bashing agenda happening on Corrie. Either they are evil bastards or complete whimpering eijits. While the wimmin are more or less all stand-up citizens keep the community together.

Could also be that the writers have been told to inject a bit of light comedy ....but in soap land in order to have comedy, someone has to make an uncharacteristic tit of themselves.... Its more socially acceptable to get away with making the men look like goms.

Fairly obvious, Isn't it 🤷‍♂️ ....he used to be Disco Stu 🕺🎉🎇🎼

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Ah I get the comedy bit but you already have Kirk, Steve, Tim. Tyrone has been turned into a complete clown.

George, David, Sean, Dev and Craig are also on the edge of being fools.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's not just the male characters. Which of any of the characters are in any way 'normal'?

Normal boring people don't make for good soap storylines.

The only female characters they have not yet made into idiots/harridans/sex objects are Asha and Nina, possibly Aaliyah.

Yasmeen was fantastic when she came in, capable, centre of the community, now since Geoff she is a wreck. Likewise Summer was fantastic, but the new head they gave her ruined her. Gail has been turned into a simpleton over the years. Rita just gets dragged in for a pep talk speech about the old days now and then.

Only non-useless/simple male character (so far) is Aadi. Todd is a good character, but unnecessarily nasty. Ryan has promise but will probably be turned into a simpleton over Aaliyah. Zeedan not very stable.

TracyLuv would be the female Todd, potential but nasty.

Don't start me on the vicar. Dear God.

I can't stand Todd and the vicar. They strike me as characters you'd see in emmerdale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Anyone else think Audrey's son is up to something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,762 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Yes he's got to be up to something. Probably trying to rip her off but she's used to it at this stage.

As the Gay characters go I like Todd.

Sean is annoying but sort of realistic.

I don't buy Billy the Vicars character at all. I feel it's very forced.

Paul is essentially Aaron from Emmerdale again and I wouldn't put him with Billy.

Sean's new fella had potential for a gay man who was sort of average and almost relatable but they've to make him nasty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,831 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

rip her off in a charming way LOL - same results, different way of going about it 😁

What on earth has happened to Corrie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I think Steven has A MEETING

A MEETING.

FIX MY CAR.

NOW I HAVE A MEETING.

FIX MY CAR

That's Peter and Kevin smashing Windows and Wing mirrors!

Kevin

I love the way the front and rear screen are smashed to buggery and Tye just goes "I have just got to wait a couple of days for it to come" haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,331 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Stephen couldn't get a taxi

What's wrong with Kevin, too stressed, heart attack or stroke candidate?

Writers seem to be on speed. All big stories at once. And all totally silly.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

Stephen's voice would wreck your head!

do you know who I think he sounds like though? - Liam Neeson - shut your eyes next time and see if I am right 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

If i was Keven I'd have smashed his face, not his car 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I really like Aadi..and Todd is great to watch - from the start, he slotted in perfectly to the role. David has great lines but can be a d1ck. Billy's accent bugs me and Paul would be ok but when he gets all stressed, his huffing and puffing annoys me. Ryan's a nice lad but not a lot of cop on. I thought him and Alya were back together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

The cop would have made a good brother for Kevin. He was a ringer for him.

Where’s Spider?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Jack is 11. He must be on steroids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

I am trying to figure out if Summer is dating up or down, she is high IQ but her boyfriend is better looking. On the other hand he reminds me of the type who will lose his looks when he gets older, a temporary Chad so to speak. I think Addi would have been a match for Summer but I don't think Caucasian women like dating Asian men.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

It is possible to look like that because I reached full adult development aged 12 unfortunately as it started my first experiences of bullying. I wasn't the only one though as there were a few boys taller than me in the 1st year secondary school year photo. I was 5'6 at 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭threetrees

Chesney looked like a schoolmate calling for Jack rather than a responsible adult bringing him to school!

I love the Jack/Abi relationship, hope that continues.

Why are the 3 Dad's going apeshit at Summer being alone with a lad when they plan on going on holidays together? Bit odd that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

The fear of the “ Pegg”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

It is a tired and tiring old ploy.

Stu has a daughter that does not want to see him and so on. And it is even going to get more exciting.

How many times are characters introduced into Corrie only to drag along a secret.

This silliness continues with this place where characters go when they are down. A small, gritty looking place where if you have a problem you go to be alone and then some character or other passes by and asks you if you want to talk about it.

I swear if I was Summer I would explode with everybody pestering me about my insulin, my exams and boyfriends and everything else. Todd is no moral barometer himself.

• Advertisement

Indeed, that is a fairly grim urban garden 🌿🏞️ .... that they all head off to for a moment of alone time..... only to be pontificated to, by some do-gooder passerby 🤬

I long for the moment some do-gooder gets a slap 👋 for interfering in the affairs of a tortured character

Advertisement