Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

You need to re-read this thread. I’m not getting dragged onto another tangent. Go research yourself how vaccines work and how they can directly be directly linked as the cause of side effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

A beta and delta vaccine was created but didn't go through to production as the % difference in efficacy vs. the current vaccines was too small. There is highly likely to be an Omicron vaccine finished testing, approved and shipping in October, of course this will depend on a sub-lineage of Omicron still being dominant in the wild.

Any scientist/engineer would know this.

There has also been billions spent on failed SARS-COV2 vaccines, CureVac and Sanofi to name 2.

People get blood clots every day, and many on flights. It has always been that way. It doesn’t matter if you are a normal joe soap, or a celebrity on the a-z list. However, there is a link with long flights and blood clots. There has been plenty of publicity of it over the last decade or two. Deep vein thrombosis…look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

He's only repeating what the medical professionals at the scene said.

Yes prudent to wait until we have all the facts and data. Funny to see it being associated with flying already though.

It’s even funnier that you posted it here after getting yourself into a tizzy about it without having any facts, and then agree that it’s prudent to wait for the facts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

It should be on soon enough, we only have an educated opinion at the moment.

Could be down to climate change or one of the other new causes of sudden death like flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,157 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Ive no idea how this proves your earlier claim which is clearly disproven by the real world Lancet study showing the vaccines providing protection.

This is what she says and she expressly says they were not lying when asked:

"I think they were hoping, but you should know in the original phase 3 trials, that were done in this country. We only measured for symptomatic disease, so we weren't proactively testing everyone in that trail to see if they got infected with mild or asymptomatic disease. So people had to present within the clinical trial. So we never had the data that it was going to protect against asymptomatic infection."

She contradicts herself in the interview or her language is not specific. She says that she knew the vaccines would not protect against infection - do we assume she meant asymptomatic infection based on her later more detailed comments.

Then she says she expected vaccine protection to wane like natural immunity.

So which is it? It doesnt protect v infection or it does but only for months? Again it is unclear.

But it does not support your claim of lies.

Why would she do this if she thought the vaccines were a con job or didnt work?

"I can tell you as a family member who had individuals who were suspectable, of course, we got everyone vaccinated. But we still used layered protection during surges."

https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/dr-deborah-birx-says-she-knew-covid-vaccines-would-not-protect-against-infection.4968494/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Considering i pilot planes too albeit private ones

By the way. You are incorrectly attributing a quote to the ambulance crew. The exact quote is from Shaun, and this is it within the article:

He adds: “When the ambulance came they said it looked like it had been a blood clot or a brain tumour, but it’s just weird that he’d had that Covid booster the day before.

The ambulance crew did not reference the covid booster. It is Shaun.

Article is here: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/19300775/happy-mondays-shaun-ryder-reveals-mum-found-brother-dead/

• Advertisement

Any such claim made without evidence is scurrilous garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Treatments are the gravy train, vaccines barely make their production cost back.

(it's actually good to see vaccines in demand again as many expensive treatments could be reduced in the future)

I’ve explained it to snowcat before that a dead person can’t spend money. Pharmaceutical companies make money by keeping people alive so the require treatments for ailments throughout their lives. It doesn’t seem to be too complicated a concept to understand, but here we are again.

I never said the ambulance crew said it was the booster, It was the ambulance crew that said it looks like a blood clot or tumor.

Allright. So why have thay not modded these GMO vaccines?

You what? It’s only a few posts ago that you were attributing it to the medical professionals at the scene aka ambulance crew.

The GMO vaccines? Is the fact that some vaccines are genetically altered to fight the disease they are targeting what has you crapping yourself?

I’d only be guessing as to why they haven’t modified the mRNA vaccines yet, and I’d guess it’s due to having insufficient orders to warrant the development at the moment. Remember, vaccines generally don’t make pharmaceutical companies money.

Did you listen to anything she said. She's pretty much said don't rely on the vaccine you need Paxlovid.

Again were back to claims people didn't say what they said.

Why did they not test healthy people for COVID in the trials and only tested symptomatic people? Surely that's going to effect your data when your claiming it stops 100% of cases. Was that a deliberate omission?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Lol having trouble with the ol English there?

"Was" is not the same as "is" or "will be".

Also you guys have tried to use those quotes before. As always you're taking them out of context, most likely because you've only read them in a tweet.

In their full context the first one is referring to preventing severe disease, not getting sick or preventing infection like you were originally stating.

In the second one it's referring to specific trials at a time before Omicron was a variant. And funnily the very next sentence after that one has them saying it's less than 100% effective. But I guess you didn't read that.

In addition in the document you're quote mining they repeatedly use less-than-100% figures and have very clear disclaimers that the information they are presenting is accurate at the time but circumstances are open to change.

Again you are completely misrepresenting something you most likely have not actually read in full.

And again you're unable to find an example of an official source stating unambiguously the vaccine would 100% stop infection.

Lol you keep referring to "my approved list of sources".

What are you talking about?

• Advertisement

She got her entire family vaccinated. She clearly by her actions thinks the vaccines are safe and provide some level of protection.

If 50 percent of the people who died in the Omicron surge were vaccinated... and the majority of vulnerable population are vacccinated... that means the unvaccinated are over represented in deaths.

I suggest you read the whole article and come back to us when you realise how much she just undermined your arguments.

Why do you trust in Paxlovid made by Pfizer when you dont trust their vaccine?

Do you realise when she talks of layered protection she is also talking about masks? Testing? All the stuff you dont believe in?

Or how she explains there is no such thing as long lasting 100 percent natural immunity as people can get reinfected? And that the vaccines in theory might work slightly better than naturally acquired protection?

It stopped 100 percent of symptomatic cases in the trials. If you remember back then test capacity was v limited.

So your claim now is reduced to they didnt pick up asymptomatic cases in the trials. Therefore you must accept that the vaccine did stop symptomatic cases in the trials?

And I thought you didnt care about asymptomatic infections? Do you even count them as cases?

Your ace in the hole youd been keeping in your pocket all day and its a busted flush as she is pro vaccine, pro pharma companies and flat out contradicts your claim they lied.

She got more than her family vaccinated.

She did say the older people should take Paxlovid, why do I trust it I never said I did. I don't mistrust it either. I know some of these HIV drugs can be effective in combatting rouge strains of Pneumonia HIV patients can be susceptible to.

It's hard to agree with a lot of what she says, the Qatar study doesn't agree with her take on natural immunity.

50% of deaths are vaccinated another oddly even figure, I'd be interested in hearing what her take on fully vaccinated is. I have my doubts 50% of the deaths have never had a jab, but it's America and there's a lot of heavyweights there, so possibly.

Your claiming Pfizer didn't bother with the asymptomatic/healthy people as testing was limited. Really, I'm not buying it, seen as they made such a deal about asymptomatic spread before we even had a vaccine.

They lied, multiple examples of lies have been produced. I expect this trend to continue.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,596 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Has buzzer been in yet to suggest Kate McCann fainting in live TV is down to the vaccine???

Seems to be the kind of thing he gets hard over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Yeah I remember when they were saying that it's a pandemic of the unvaccinated. It's out there, easy enough to google it.

What they're doing now is bit by bit building a storyline and releasing it like drip feed.

If it all came out at once people would be very angry. So it's easier to just speak with nice soft accents, sound very nice and the majority will lap it up like sheep.

The emperor's new clothes, the boy's who cried wolf.

Mind you, it's not their fault they were glued to the covid sermons day in day out. It's just the way people are.

Whatever the latest thing is they'll take it.

Like mass long ago, people going to the church on a Sunday and petrified of the priests. Similar dissonance, totally captivated by masterful marketing campaigns and fear mongering.

It's bewilderment really, and the enchantment must be pretty powerful.

Banned alas.

Though it usually takes a little more time for these opinions to be filtered down through the Twitter grifters. And they've long since abandoned the claims that the vaccine was making people fall over in public.

Currently they've circled back to claims that the vaccine doesn't actually work rather than discuss any safety issues.

I suspect that this incident will be just added to the list and will be wheeled out when the fainting claim comes back around again.

This is laughable. You picked an expert and now you say "it's hard to agree with what she says."

So you weren't saying that when you just just read the headline and thought she supported your claim.

She got her family vaccinated. You keep running away from the question. Why would she do that if she thought there were safety issues with the vaccines, or that the vaccines were not beneficial?

She was asked the question did they lie. She did not agree with that. So she has cut the legs out from under you. Your claims are once again shown to be baseless, without evidence and as statements of fact without evidence are not worth consideration.

So now your chosen expert has stacked even more evidence against you. Your argument has hoist itself on its own petard.

What part of her recommendation to take Paxlovid did you miss? Do understand why she's recommending it?

Before the vaccine what were some of the biggest conspiracy theorists recommending to prevent/treat pneumonia? Those protocols haven't changed to my knowledge.

Why now the switch to treat the vaxxed with HIV drugs designed for HIV patients? What's changed? Are we seeing signals of a compromised immune system in certain cohorts?

If you need Paxlovid the vaccine isn't doing its job, spin it what ever way you want but it's failed they're just breaking it to you slowly.

Come back to me when you address the points in my previous posts instead of shifting the goalposts each time you are cornered in a baseless claim.

You had no response except weasel words when pointed out the disproportionate number of deaths amongst unvaccinated.

Remember you said the vaccines didn't work. You said she was the source who would prove people lied and they knew the vaccines didn't work.

And the lie question is put to her in the interview and she does not agree with it.

And this is what she said:

"I can tell you as a family member who had individuals who were suspectable, of course, we got everyone vaccinated. But we still used layered protection during surges."

She talks about protection waning, which tallies with the results of the Lancet study cited above which you have offered no rebuttal to.

So yeah, she says don't rely on the vaccine - or natural immunity - because the protection wanes & breakthrough infections are possible. She talks of layered protection such as masks, testing, distancing. And yes she talks of treatment drugs. Nowhere does she say rely on the treatment drugs and don't take the vaccine.

Nowhere does she say the vaccines doesn't protect you against severe covid or provide no protection against infection. Implicitly, she says this because she talks of re-infections happening months later. She talks of the vaccine preventing symptomatic disease. And of course, she and her family got vaccinated. So she must think the vaccine is doing some job.

Your claim is ONCE AGAIN show to be false, and baseless and you provide zero evidence for your claims. As such, without evidence, they are garbage.

This is your chosen expert. Who is pro-vaccine, pro the pharma companies that produce the vaccine and their products, and tells us to protect ourselves against Omicron covid. That we should still be concerned about it. Hoist on your own petard.

Lol And we're back to you repeating the same claim you denied making a few pages ago.

The vaccines are compromising people's immune systems now?

• Advertisement

They really, really need to start reading the stuff they link dump...

Advertisement