Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poly tunnel price

Options
  • 26-07-2022 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Hi,

just got an allotment and I’m trying to source a poly tunnel. I’ve seen prices ranging from 300 euro for a 2x4 meter one to up to over 1000. I really thought that they would be around the 500 euro mark, but I’m finding very few suppliers on that price range. Does anyone have experience in this? Do you really get what you pay for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Exiled1

You get what you pay for. You must think of you location and exposure to elements, particularly the wind.

Size matters in this regard and is directly related to cost. Have done business with DPlant in Wexford and found them very good.

You should probably see how you get on with your allotment for the first year or two and then decide if you wish to push on with a tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

I was thinking about getting a tunnel from the beggining, as I would really like to grow my own tomtoes and strawberries. I will have a look at DPlant

Advertisement