Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota bz4X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Could you ask those taxi drivers for Tuesdays Euromillions numbers? As they must have an incredible cry ball to determine that what Toyota have done in the past with ICE cars will translate into their new BEV…

wait til they try and DC charge it more than once per day………. And in winter!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I assume their expectations are being set by the Hybrid experience. They have a good image weather you agree or disagree with it.

As for people laughing about the wheel nuts don't forget ten years ago the company was nearly ruined by badly fitted mats. I can understand their caution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭innrain

But the specs of the car so far show a mediocre product at best. My old Kona has better specs when it comes to power, torque, battery, efficiency, range even AC charging. So to say that this would be a better workhorse that an ID4 or IQ5 is completely non-sense.

I think the recall is more serious than tighten up some nuts. My understanding is that the bolts are coming off which is quite wired problemm to have as it might be something wrong with the wheel hub assembly.

Google just recommend me an article with 3 reasons why bz is better than IQ5. The ground clearance, has few inches more, the AWD efficiency which is bull as the AWD version of BZ is few hp over the single motor and about 2/3 of the IQ5 power and price which is few 000's less in the US. So even a paid article struggles to find something positive

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

But the specs of the car so far show a mediocre product at best.

Has that ever mattered here in Ireland? It's NEVER stopped Toyota hitting the top of the sales charts.

I never mentioned that it was better or worse spec wise than competitors if you read my first comment.

As regards there being a bigger issue there could very well be but I'd also imagine its in their interest to make sure their first electric car is well recieved, I mean, imagine delaying the launch of a car for 2 years to try and fix software issues before giving up and selling them anyway only to have dealers forced to buy them back. I mean imagine if a company was so irrisponsible that they'd do that these days.............

Compared to other ICEs their hybrids are somewhat competitive. Maybe they are not the fastest but they are reliable and economical. But EV world is different and Toyota has to prove is worth again. Unfortunately this product shows that they are not trying.

My comment about the specs and workhorse was intended to the taximan choosing BZ over other models, comments which started the discussion. I don't defend any company or CEO. They all are the same and will do anything to maximise the profits. Dieselgate is the best example. Right now ID4 or IQ5 are better cars than the yet to be launched BZ4X. Regardless of the recall which will be fixed sooner or later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭vimalandrew

I bet all of you toyota Bz4x will have the same fate as the new version of Chinese MG 5 EV and MG Zs EV. Globally, the number of bookings for MG is very huge. But they are producing them in a few numbers. I dont know whether at least one MG new version is delivered to a European customer. America is pressurising China on that. The same is the case with Toyota. Now itself RAV4 is the best selling EV in US. When A similar EV like bZ4X which has the same price comes into the US market, it will capture the market like a storm. It will be a Tesla killer. I also booked the car last month and then the dealer said it will be att he end of August. Now he said August deliveries moved to September. Its all depnds on the decision from Toyota Global. Production is stopped. I watched Mat Watson youtube reviews on Bz4x. It was fully negative. But the at the end, if the car comes into the European market, it will wipe out all the other cars and I bet 90% of taxis will be Bz4x. But it is not going to be delivered in the near future.

The Bz4Xr3i will not be Tesla killer… (Or the next Tesla killer as every year there are 2-3 ‘Tesla Killers’ released which don’t even get in the same conversation with Tesla, never mind kill them!!

it’s Vauxhall conference vs the Champions League

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Theres an MG ZS 72 kwh thread on here and posters on it have either picked up their cars recently or will do shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭KCross

When A similar EV like bZ4X which has the same price comes into the US market, it will capture the market like a storm. It will be a Tesla killer.

But the at the end, if the car comes into the European market, it will wipe out all the other cars

🤣

You are very bullish in your views. One car is not going to wipe out all the others. You have to be connected to Toyota in some way or else just a fanboy. No one car is going to corner the market or put anyone else out of business.

It will sell well if Toyota decide to produce it in numbers as Toyota has a good reputation and lots of goodwill with customers, but its not a special car in any way, particularly the EV elements of it, which appear to be poor relative to the competition.

Now itself RAV4 is the best selling EV in US.

And where is that coming from? Have you any references? It is not true. Maybe you meant SUV, not EV?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭vimalandrew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭society4

With the production company in Japan shut for all of Aug according to Toyota global …does that mean no deliveries until Sept ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MarkK1986

Has anyone heard anything more from Toyota and the timelines we can expect? Have a sport ordered that was I was due to collect in July then August and now radio silence since that generic mail went out regarding the recall. Are the cars going back to Japan for the repairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭society4

I think someone said on a Facebook page theirs went to zeebrugge, Belgium to await repair having landed in Dublin port at the end of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭HTCJoeSoap

A great new Carwow comparison review video between the EV6 & BZ4X has just gone up today on Youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

One thing the EV6 definitely has in its favour is it's wheels don't fall off.

But the rear seat levers in the BZ4X don't break unlike the EV6 😂😂

Nope but you can still drive your car with a broken rear seat leaver whereas Toyota aren't delivering any further cars until the issue is fixed and have told current owners not to drive their car in the meantime.

Is BZ better than EV6 at any of the points in the test?

Watching the video hasn't changed my mind in buying one if that helps answer your question.

• Advertisement

That doesn't answer Innrain question at all. Does the review say that the Toyota is better than the Kia at anything?

Edit: just watched it myself and the only thing they've said that's better than the Kia is that there is slightly more head room and slightly wider in the rear of the BZ (to be expected when the Kia has a more coupe shape).

Post edited by TitianGerm on

I absolutely respect your decision. What one does with their money is not my concern. I'm just discussing cars and EVs in particular.

Toyota's decision to come up with this product is like they are against it. What the reviewer doesn't say is that the EV6 boasts of innovations like 800V platform which allows speeds of 234KW up to nearly 50% SoC or V2L or the blind spot camera on the screen, which was copied even by Tesla. He is very nuanced when shows that you can't see the dials, and a lot of "It's alright". The biggest car manufacturer in the world brings absolutely nothing new which is just disappointing for me. And still people dream that the mighty company will bring in the wonderbar battery or some car that will rewrite the thermodynamic laws and will kill some BTTF car in the process. Of course it will sell. People still bought Microsoft phones for a while but then they didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Bioscaller

I had one ordered myself as I really like the shape and style of the car and I am sure people that will receive it are gonna love it. I personally pulled my deposit 2 weeks ago because of the recall delay. I talked to 2 sales guys of AUTOWEBER in Germany (biggest Toyota Dealer chain in Germany) and their delivery delay expectations for non delivered cars due to the recall was September, which was just too long for me as I needed a new car in July. Also, the fact that the Bz4x cars delivered from next year on will have an 11kw onboard charger as opposed to the current 6kw onboard charger was a small deal breaker for me too. I mean the 150kw fast charge is obviously is faster than the ID4s 135kw but its all minimal if you can charge at home or in work like me. The other thing that put me off in the end was that I received a higher trade in value for my current car with VW and the difference was 1500 Euro and the finance was 1% lower for the outstanding amount which made me go for the ID4 in the end, which I also considered before and I am pretty happy with it so far. However, the BZ or Solterra are not bad overall imo. for the Irish Market. The bad reviews it received were mostly form US content creators due to the bad charging curve and that can be an issue for them especially with the longer ranges they face on a daily basis.

There is another nice review of the Bz4x in German which I can highly recommend but you have to use subtitles if you need it in English.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Several people on the BZ4X Owners Groups on Facebook have posted messages in the last day or so saying they contacted Toyota USA directly looking for updates on the recall and have been told that an announcement/letter will be issued to customers and dealerships next week, but that no remedy has yet been found. I assume a similar update will be issued to European customers at the sametime. It doesn't sound good to be honest.😕

If it's taking this long to sort out then it's not just loose bolts causing the issue.

Yeah it seems Toyota have messed up something big time….. and their not being open about it…..

Couldn't happen to a nicer company…

Post edited by AndyBoBandy on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Advertisement