Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Good to Go - Food App

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Still absolute rubbish in Cork for me with everything selling out instantly, or within 30 minutes, very small pickup windows and a plethora of low rated Applegreens.

Go to Dublin or London and there is tons of availability at almost any time. Cork no.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sggirl

Tried the app for the first time today and got a bag from Hopsack @ swan shopping centre (Rathmines). All I got in the magic bag was 6 bananas for €4.99. I didn't go into this with high expectations but surely this isn't normal?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh that's a pisstake right there. Report to the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭davehey79

Used for first time last week (forgot to snap the little haul) used in Longford and only available place is O’Hehirs. 2 Crossiants, 3 Apple Pecan Squares & a Sourdough Cob loaf habe to say was very pleased with it for the princely sum of €3.99

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Oh I've just checked and O'Hehirs in Sligo are on it now too, happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

That's really bad @sggirl I'd report that to Too Good to Go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭millie35

That certainly isn't normal and if you report it via the app you should get your money back/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,215 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

As a first step, I'd contact the outlet and ask them was this intended or a mistake. Give them a chance to resolve it locally.

As suggested, I reported this last night via the app and they gave me a refund plus a voucher to use for my next bag, which is a nice gesture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

€3.99 bag from Douglas and Kaldi, Ashtown

1 Large pepperoni pizza slice 

1 Croissant

2 hot sausages 

Pot of baked beans 

Pot of fried mushrooms 

4 slices of brown bread 

Bit random 🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭millie35

€3.99 from Mad Brothers Bakery got me two caramel slices and a chocolate muffin.

I was expecting more somehow but they were quite tasty.

Picked up a bag from the Raw juice company couple days back. Received 4 x 250ml cold pressed juices that retails at €3.25 each. The juices were really good and all had an expiry of 4 more days. I paid €5.99, so I think cheaper than a supermarket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

€3.99 surprise bag from Mad Brothers in D7 was excellent:

• Loaf of bread
    • 2 x fruit crumble slices
    • 2 x bakewell slices
    • Apple slice
    • Fruit scone
    • Muffin

Very tasty, all fresh, fast pick-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

Picked up from O’Hehir’s bakery/cafe in Claremorris, great reviews for other places with these but afraid was left bit disappointed not a pastry in sight, not most friendly either as another bag there and looked better, asked could I choose, no that’s not “ a good to go bag”. Picture below, think that’s Claremorris out for me, Galway defo.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭motley

Tried Roots cafe in Oranmore. Very happy with the contents for €3.99.

• Almond Croissant
    • Pain au Chocolate
    • Chocolate muffin
    • Plain Muffin
    • Raisin Danish
    • Jam filled Scone

Would definitely go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

Roots in Tuam, my second time using the “too good to go”, got cancelled yesterday but today’s was there.

lovely staff so friendly and fantastic amount of pastries tasty and so fresh.

Definitely recommend. Picture below.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Only used it once so far.

Got a bag from Pasha in Dublin, not sure what I expected to get, but a box of chips with four pieces of dried up chicken wasn't it, maybe I was expecting too much ??

That's not great @Dub Ste :( Is this the type of food that they usually serve in there? I don't know the place myself but I don't think I would have been happy with that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Someone I work with swears by this place, they do kebabs and Turkish food.

I was pretty disappointed, but like I said, I didn't really know what to expect, maybe I was just unlucky that time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It is highly recommended, never went myself. I never knew they did chicken like that and I doubt it sells well. I see a 4 piece dinner box is €11 on their site. That is expensive but still under the supposed price, presuming yours was €4 and it is meant to be €12 euros worth. I expect a regular dinner box would have look better than that photo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭gussieg

i ordered two magic boxes in maynooth i was so excited to have it in the local area and one cafe, shoda came up trumps lots of nice pastries it was a friday, but the other one i dont even want to mention because i havent resolved it yet, i walked in early to see what was there and to let them know id be back in half an hour, and they just said oh we dont have anything today but you can have a (small ) cup of soup. Really disappointed as another cafe in maynooth had already stiffed me with a dried up bun and pasta salad for 4.99 t, TGTG refunded me for that one to be fair to them, but i dont think many of these shops understand the concept of what is going on here, saving food from waste., not just to make extra from eejits like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭gussieg

and as for boxes selling out immediately , what you are often seeing is shops cancelling out by saying 'sold out'.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

Been keeping an eye on the app for ages but there was never any in Kilkenny so was delighted when I popped on today and saw Caffè Nero had up a surprise bag for €5. Got it straight away and just collected it, thrilled!

The cake slice was to die for!! So far the only thing I’ve eaten but if it’s anything to go by…it was amazing.

The breakfast panini unfortunately is use by todays date and I’m vegetarian so won’t be eating it and won’t be seeing family until tomorrow. Do you reckon it’d still be okay or best not to chance it? I could give the dog the sausages so they’re not wasted either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭rameire

Use by its advisory.

It depends on how it was stored.

If it was refrigerated and kept in a good condition it will last days.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

It'll be absolutely fine, we really need to get over them and trust our noses. If it smells bad, don't eat it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ye are both wrong here. Best before can be ignored as it relates to quality. You can eat something after the best before date and it is safe to eat but might not taste as nice. You really shouldn't eat food after the use by date. The use by date means the latest the food is considered safe it if it was stored under ideal conditions. After this it is considered unsafe to eat. Even if it smells and looks fine it could be unsafe to eat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

First time using. Ashtown, Douglas and Kaldi

3.99:

2 pieces of bread (random)

6 large white pudding

4 sausages

2 Croissant

I was disappointed to be honest. Would have liked a muffin or something sweet but it was an OK quantity of food for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Graham Hopsack

Hi, Graham from The Hopsack here!

I'm so sorry this happened. It was a total mix-up. We had our Too Good To Go bags prepared on the counter with homemade pizza, some soup and some veg. On a separate counter, we had some bags of bananas such as these which were being given away. The wrong bag must have been given to you, again we're super sorry about that!

We wanted to get in touch at the time (I even spoke to TGTG by phone) but unfortunately they don't have a way for us to pass a message to a customer, all we could do is issue the refund and make sure it doesn't happen again.

We try our best with the TGTG bags and if you'd like to give us a chance to fix our mistake, please PM me and I'll set aside an extra bag for you one evening, free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Gwame

Went to Zing by Chaska on Marlborough St. tonight. 4 large chicken wings in a sweet chilli sort of marinade and a tub of pilau rice with some rice, peppers and chicken. It was mostly rice to be fair, but tasty. Wings too. Not a huge amount of food but pretty good and I've had far worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Kuevasss

Fresh the Good Food Market Camden Street

Dublin 2

Deli Surprise Bag

€3.99

Beef Strogonoff and a large bowl with several different types of chicken

An extremely polite attendant let me choose a meal bowl (lasagne, beef strogonoff or other options I don't remember). The other bowl she chose herself.

Really happy with the bag

Advertisement