Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gill0108

Hiya, I was oom 1527 and heard from clearance Monday had my interview 23rd of June..

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ladz

Hi, did you get back pay for the 4mths? Can I ask what's the take home at 485? With levies & pensions i havnt a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bandyboo

Can I also ask do you have to join a union? Is that something that you have to do or a personal choice ? What is the uptake among CO? I don't want to rock the boat and me only going in the door. However from reading different threads here a lot of civil service people seem to have a very negative attitude towards their representation by unions.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

Why wouldn't you join the union? Most people do and forsa usually have reps in every building. Also get the income protection. Takes about €11 a week including income protection from gross salary so worth it as its pre tax and you have peace of mind if anything happens.

Income protection also covers a €7500 payment for kids illness too.

I had no clue about it thanks for telling me. I was never in a union my whole life. This is a completely new thing for me. I am no spring chicken and my kiddies flew the nest years ago and am striking out on a new path.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭crinkley

just out of interest what is the attitude to those not in the union? In my last place very little we’re in the union 99% crossed the picket line last time there was a strike. The union were seen as asking for ridiculous things and not helpful at all especially if you reached a management grade. Saying that the union here seems to offer far better incentives but I wouldn’t be inclined at all to join but would that cause trouble with colleagues?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

I did get back pay, yes. Take home pay is hard to say as it's specific to your situation - married/single, division of tax credits if you're married, etc.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WHIreland

This may be the stupidest question ever. But I was grade 4 in another job, in public sector before coming to civil service was only there 6 months.... it was a 3 year contract at started at the first level of the EO pay scale... am I entitled to apply for them to match this or is this different?

All my family members in the CS are in the union.

The benefits aren't just pay related etc. Again income protection is great. Payouts for illness or unexpected death. Also covers an on call doctor eg mydoc.

10-20% off days in kildare village and other online shops.

Easier and in some cases discounted access to fuel cards.

That's on top of the union acting for pay disputes etc.

I know 3 seperate unions reps and all of them are lovely. A big thing at the conference a couple of years ago was carrying over days after 2years etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I'm about 2100 on the list for Dublin. Is there any chance at all of an interview at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 seamus92

I just got an email stating that I will be called for interview soon. I had to complete and sign an application form. How long were people waiting for an interview after submitting this application form?

What number are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 seamus92

@The One Doctor I'm 121 for Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 30 citygirl22

Hi All,

How long after interview did people hear if they passed it ?

I was told by my interview panel it would be a week to 10 days. As it turned out I was informed by Pas on the same day - so 6hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ciara_mar

Just had my interview, was ok. So many questions re Microsoft office. I have a lot of experience with office but some of the questions I was baffled 😂 hope I got on ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 vanderpump

They ask how would you hide email addresses if sending an email to multiple people. The answer is sent it bcc. I didn't know that and I still passed the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tix19

what to apply for clerical officer this term what are the prerequisites you need ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sunnyside21

Has anyone else had their interview? How did you find it ? Did they ask for one example for each competency or did they ask for a second also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 sunnyside21

Hey, what kind of kind of questions regarding Microsoft office if you don’t mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WHIreland

Gonna be honest there is a detailed answer somewhere near the beginning of thread.. they barely listen to you it's a very quick interview and your cut off constantly so don't worry. Read back and try find that answer and hopefully that will help. They go throw competencies but not in the way they do for most grade 4 plus roles it seems for this grade it's flash questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 monkeyseemonkeydo

Can anyone advise me on my situation please.. I got assigned my department in the last week with no start date yet. I have just found out that someone that badly bullied me, subtly but in every way possible, a few years back is now starting the same department.. now luckily my department has a few hundred in it but can anyone advise me on what I could do before I get my start date. Like would it be a bad move asking for another department before I even start or can anyone that works in civil service here give me some guidance. I obviously don’t want to start complaining before I even start. I know these situations happen and sometimes can’t be avoided,but if there was a way I could avoid working in the same department I would and if not I would deal with it. I am so delighted I have got my assignment but that was like a punch in the ribs when I heard about that person. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 mature cheese

If you give the department it might help with the advice!?! Some departments might put all new staff in together for training at the start?!? Will ye be in the same building?

Also mail merge

Bcc, page numbering in word. How to make a word doc look uniformed/formatting. Freeze pane in excel.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 darapixie

I am going through clearance at the moment for Kildare.

That’s great, when was your interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Hfelloni

Hi !

Got my Dept & Location Monday & Tuesday of last week. States will be contacted in a few weeks for start date ?

Anyone know how long from this point. I have to give my notice in but will not be doing it till more clarity !

Dept Social Protection Dublin based! If anyone who has been assigned same feel free to pm me !

😍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin.85

When I got called, they asked me how much notice I had to give and we agreed a start date between us. You can either hand in your notice once you have you're start date, or wait till they email you over contracts etc, depending on how much notice you have to give. I only legally had to give 1 weeks notice, they wanted me to start in a week but I knew my team were gonna be stuck for staff for the coming few weeks and I had 2 weeks holidays booked so they agreed to start me in 5 weeks.

Advertisement