Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my team 22/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭al87987

A bit light in midfield but have three big hitters up top so hoping to offset. No Salah is a gamble but 13m is just too high, same with Son and KDB when there is a lot of cheaper threats available.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Decent team, No Salah is a massive risk, they have great fixtures

I think Zinchenko is much better than Gabriel, hes a BPS monster and he could be midfield, hes a james/Chilwell type points scorer for 5m, probably the best value in the whole game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

No point having JWP on the bench imo. He's on all set pieces so could get points against anyone. Either play him, or downgrade to a 4.5m mid, and spend the extra couple of million upgrading Coutinho and A.N. Other.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭chris445

Kane, Salah, Mahrez

or

Son, Diaz, Haaland +1m

I want to try get 1 cover from each team. Im leaning toward the first because I just cant imagine starting without Salah but his price is very high and he definitely had a bit of a dip end of last season with Son scoring great. Both city assets could fall to pep rotation too a concern.

What way would you go?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Does 1 cover from each team actually help you if you're not going to be willing to captain the player? Substituting Mahrez for Haaland and Diaz for Salah won't really give you anything specific, if you're not willing to captain those guys ahead of Salah/Haaland when their teams have home games against Bournemouth or Leeds etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭chris445

Captain rotation in both cases will generally be between the 2 premiums. So Salah Kane rotation and Son Haaland rotation. The third spot of Diaz/Mahrez likely won't be captained but both Liverpool and City can be explosive for attacking returns at any time so I would like to have some attacking cover for those teams if I don't go for the premium attacker. The scenario I dont want is City or Liverpool to score 5 or 6 and I have no attackers playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Happy enough with it, good cover and and gives a good chance of all 15 playing. My own quirk but i dont like the sheer amount of away fixtures for GW1

Is that not a condensed way of looking at it though? Rather than what could happen in one particular week, I would be looking at say first 6 weeks (or whenever you view yourself likely to play wildcard 1) and deciding who you think will score more points in that period.

Whether your premium plays for the same team shouldn’t really come into that unless you’re already likely to have 3 from that team.

I think the only time coverage really becomes relevant is when you’re maximising the amount of teams from which you can captain in prime fixtures. But you’re probably making a big leap captaining Diaz or Mahrez in those fixtures while Salah, Haaland, Son and Kane exist anyway.

I'd say a lot of risks in that team, Nunez, who I like, may not hit the ground running, may not even start. Grealish has yet to really do it for City, likewise Sancho. Lingard could take a while to bed in and the first five are tough fixtures for Forest. Are you ever going to play Henderson? If not then a 4m goalie would be better

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Very content with my latest draft, think I will leave it at this. Subs should be solid enough too

Ederson (Darlow)

TAA, Cancelo, Zinchenko, Chilwell (N.Williams)

Neto, Bailey, Salah, Diaz (A. Pereira)

Haaland, Jesus (Broja)

Darlow won't play, but Neco Williams and Pereira should play week in week out, whilst I think Broja will eventually seal a loan move before the deadline and will be decent cheap striker option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Changed it up again.

Henderson/Sanchez

TAA, Zinchenko, Cash, Perisic, N Williams

Salah, Son, Diaz, Guimaraes, Andreas

Jesus, Mitrovic, Awoniyi

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Very similar to mine, so obviously I think that's great! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

I’ve done the following draft;

Sanchez

Dalot, Jonny, Justin, Neco

Andreas, Son, Salah, KDB

Jesus, Haaland

Gazzaniga, Colback, Vestergaard, Greenwood

Is it madness to have such a low budget defence? There is a big fear going without TAA or Cancelo. Would my midfield and attack compensate for the budget defence?

I would be interested to hear any opinions on this draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

iv gone ,

Alisson

Trent, Dias,Chiwell

Foden,Eze,Salah,Rashford,Guimareas

Haaland , Awoniyi

Subs,

Bazunu,Mateta,Neco Williams,Guehi

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

I’m not a fan at all to be honest. Way too much tied up in 4 players and you have no flexibility to bring in any premium defender if (and when!) you want to. City and Liverpool could get 40 clean sheets this season between them, whereas Leicester, Wolves and Man U will be lucky to hit half that between them.

The 4 lads sounds great but you can only Captain one any week. If any of them miss a game you could be playing with 10 given that bench.

You have only one Liverpool player, no City defender, no Chelsea and you are starting two Forest players (who most have buried on their bench, for a reason). You only have 5 players from last years (and maybe this years) top 5, others will have between 8-10.

I’d see what others say, but for me, I’d rip it up and start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

with the below changes I think it’s a pretty good draft:

Kdb to Diaz

dalot to TAA

Justin to zinchenco/white

That would give you more Liverpool players and an Arsenal defender (decent team with good fixtures)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Haven't spent too long looking at FPL yet so this is very much a work in progress.

Fairly settled on GK and defence.

I had Reece James in a few drafts but the flux at Chelsea has me spooked a bit tbh.

Midfield - HEWTy enough with Salah, Kulu and Diaz. Bailey seems like an early transfer waiting to happen, Soucek may become a 6.5 mid (ASM, Bruno G, Lingard, Rashford etc) if any of them show a bit of form in the next week.

Haven't seen ASM in any drafts actually? 🤔 Any reason why he's being overlooked??

Forwards - I'm expecting Jesus to hit the ground running, not 100% on Haaland tbh...Kane is tempting, but kinda hoping Kulu is enough Spurs cover

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I currently have Jesus in my drafts but I'm toying with the idea of Martinelli and banking the 2.0. (Also have Zinchenko in current draft, think Arsenal will start well)

Looking at Arsenal's 4 pre season games after Jesus joined, there isn't a huge amount between them.

• Nurnberg 3-5 Arsenal - Jesus (2 goals), Martinelli (2 assists)
    • Arsenal 2-0 Everton - Jesus (1 goal, 1 assist), Martinelli (nothing)
    • Arsenal 3-1 Orlando City - Jesus (nothing), Martinelli (1 goal)
    • Arsenal 4-0 Chelsea - Jesus (1 goal), Martinelli (1 assist)

Over the 4 games, it'd look like Jesus 19 v 14 Martinelli FPL points wise with goals and assists - not taking into consideration other points like playing up to 60 mins or clean sheets, etc. (bearing in mind Martinelli can get an extra CS point)

Arsenal play Sevilla Friday which might tell us more but there is something that's tempting me to go Martinelli over Jesus. Allows upgrading elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Martinelli was a hugely frustrating player to own last season, had him for ages and can't remember him starting back to back games....not sure if anything has changed in the meantime (?).

Jesus will be reasonably nailed ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Yeah, completely agree on Jesus being more nailed. If there is a guarantee Jesus is on pens as well, I think he'd be hard to ignore and very difficult to go Martinelli over him.

I'd expect Martinelli to start but definitely a risk he'll come off more often than not, especially with 5 subs this year. Food for thought is all really. Could end up with both 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭franciscanpunk

Alisson

Tomiyasu Cancelo TAA James Walker

Salah Bruno G Foden (Bailey, Pereira)

Kane Jesus (4.5m)

Dont really want Jesus, thinking of taking a punt on havertz or martial but if he scores a couole of goals his ownership is massive.

Ederson n diaz Vs Allison n Foden is a dilemma.

Will prob switch kane to haaland after wildcard if he is getting constant minutes but think alverez will get a good few.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Sanchez Ward

Robertson Cancelo Zinchenko Ait-Nouri N.Williams

Salah Bruno-Guimaraes KDH Andreas Colback

Kane Haaland Jesus

Fits in 3 premiums while covering most bases I think. Starting KDH probably isn't ideal. Can't stretch the funds to get TAA either. Ultimately, I will end up downgrading one of Kane or Haaland to strengthen that midfield.

Its Fraser that I can't understand, proven pedigree, guaranteed starter. Not sure why anyone would go Bruno ahead of him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

First draft. Was slow to get interested this year but reading on here has whetted the appetite. Appreciate any issues or concerns ye see with this team.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

This is where I'm at at the moment:

Ederson

Trent James Cancelo Zinchenko

Diaz Salah Martinelli Neto

Haaland Jesus

Sarkic Andreas Williams Archer

Fairly templatey. Robertson vs Diaz is the decision that's giving me a headache. Not sold on any of the 4.5 keepers so Ederson is in there at the moment. Double City defence might be the way to go until we see how they set up. I'm tempted by punts on Bailey and Grealish but just so much uncertainty around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Raul Jimenez ruled out for at least a month, potentially 8 weeks with an injury.

Does this make Neto more attractive, potentially OOP, or less attractive as assists may be harder to come by?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

With Schmeichel, apparently leaving,Ward could be a 4m starting gk,won't get better at that price

They're not gonna let him leave without a replacement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

I think Ward will become number 1. They spent 12 million on him when it looked like Schmeichel was off before. Will be Wales number 1 at WC too. Good keeper. I think they will sign someone at same level, rung below to challenge him.

But its a great shout by the poster.

Advertisement