Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there an automatic version of the Suzuki GN125?

• 27-07-2022 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hello,

Can someone please confirm that there is an auto version of the Suzuki GN125? A link to the auto model would be even better.

Appreciate the help.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭goblin59

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Miscreant

There is no auto GN125 available. At that point, you are looking at buying a scooter like the Suzuki Burgman 125cc (if you want to stick with Suzuki). I had one for 10 years and it was great. Plenty of 125cc scooters around the place if you are after an automatic but I think the Honda Monkey might be an automatic. At nearly €5k though, you would really want to want one: Honda Monkey 125 (megabikes.ie)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

So it is. Scratch that one off the list then. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

The Honda Navi is an automatic and costs less than the Monkey... But for the money, I'd rather ride a Vespa...

https://megabikes.ie/motorcycles-for-sale-ireland/new-motorcycles/honda/honda-msx125

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Thats a Honda Grom, the Navi is only available in the US as far as I know. The Grom is tiny though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

Honda Super cub 125 is semi automatic - could be an option.

https://megabikes.ie/motorcycles-for-sale-ireland/new-motorcycles/honda/honda-super-cub-125

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Swift66

Thanks for the replies. I want to do my IBT for A1 on a twist and go as I have no intention of ever buying a geared bike. The contact in the school I emailed insists this is an automatic bike so wanted to double check. The website says they have mopeds for A1 IBT.

Can you do your IBT for A1 on a 50cc moped?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I think you're focusing on the wrong things... Using gears isn't very difficult, I'd concentrate more on roadcraft and the technicalities of passing the test, rather than sticking strictly to automatic.

While you've no intention now of riding a geared bike, you never know what the future holds and you may benefit from it later on.

Nothing stopping someone from doing the A1 test on an auto bike and then the full A on a geared one though. Might be an issue if using the "progressive" access method down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,779 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I think you're conflating automatics and 'mopeds'.

If you only want an automatic (like I do these days), then do it on a bigger one: 125 at least.

Are you doing it on A1 for a reason (age ?)..If you're over 16, do it on the biggest you can get/afford, and you'll hold on to it longer: cheaper than chopping & changing it down the road, once your test is done.

In this house, we have a bunch of automatic bikes: 250 Vespas, and 750, 1000 & 1800cc : you'll wonder why you ever needed gears at all...........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement