Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,821 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I do find it worse when your usual supermarket rearranges the aisles

• Registered Users Posts: 12,981 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Afternoon ruined by numbnuts who couldn’t wait five minutes for their DART train to get a platform at Bray. Like they didn’t know the Bray Air Display was on, so the station was kinda busy? No, they had to force the doors open and walk on the track, shutting the whole line down for over an hour while the Guards had to drag them off.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭sporina

awe now how could that be worse than going to a different supermarket? unless they rearrange the WHOLE supermarket?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The All Ireland final was on today and I completely missed it. Bring back the 3rd Sunday in September 😡😡😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Dirty headache all day. Can't shake it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

I hear ya on that. Have had one that's been ongoing for the guts of 3 weeks. Some are like my head is being squeezed in a vice, others like my temple is being poked with a pointy stick...then the worse ones is the sudden electric shock ones...those fuppers are painful.

Hope yours eases soon.

Walking into someone's fart trail that they've left behind them. It's happened a few times in work today and they all smelt like weekend over indulgence. #rank

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

In the office today. During a meeting on teams, with my headphones on, I had to turn up the volume because of the oaf across the office who was shouting down the phone to someone. For a solid 30 minutes. I had a splitting headache from him.

Is this the wonderful mental health and wellbeing effects I was supposed to be getting from being back in the office? FS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,821 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Sitting on a seat that's already warm, disgusting

• Advertisement

I had similar plus the addition of a dose of skitter. Painkillers absolutely useless on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Oh lovely......

Yup, painkillers are as about as useful as taking a Tic Tac for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Not been given an actual day for a delivery of an item, just within 2 working days. The driver will call when it's out for delivery but it's usually when they are sitting outside the door they decide to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It is only tuesday and already me noggin has had enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Staff in an organisation who are placed in the queries department who give different timeframes for the delivery of their services.

I've spoken or messaged with 7 of their staff, and I have 5 different time frames that latest is "it takes time"

😡😡😡 x100000000000000000000

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Didn't get it. Absolutely devastated.

Bit more than a TA, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Non clinical HSE staff. Ringing to ask questions asked by a colleague yesterday which had been answered for another colleague the week before. Incompetent, inefficient and apparently above criticism or consequence. Are they aware how utterly crap they are but don't care or do they genuinely believe they are doing a good job cos they've filled out yet another copy of the same form so they can tick a box? Does anyone evaluate their performance or practices? Why do we have to tolerate this sh1t?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Sardonicat, it was ever thus. The HSE are renting offices in my local town. If you go in, there is total silence. Eventually someone will appear, carrying a single sheet of paper, then disappear. Back again to silence. It's a parallel existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Basic competence seems to be too much to ask of a pharmacist. Actually, i'm more than TA'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm not really allowed to wear headphones during the day.... Well, I am - I can wear them whenever I want, but I'm often guilted out of doing it. It used to be my mother and now it's my wife.

Everytime I'm seen wearing headphones, I get told "what happens if I fall and hurt myself and you can't hear anything because you're wearing headphones?" or "you need to keep one ear available in case *this terrible thing happens*"

I just finished telling my wife; it's completely unhealthy to constantly think something bad is going to happen - this isn't Final Destination, I'm allowed to wear my headphones when I'm in the mood to wear them. Something similar happened when I went to the cinema years ago, where the etiquette is to silence your phone while the film is on. I left the movie with 4 missed calls from my mother, who upon calling her back, proceeded to tell me "why was your phone on silent? What if there was an emergency and your phone was silent?"

This obsession with trying to stay vigilant and aware of everything in case of something bad happening is an extremely unhealthy thing to be doing. Just go about your life and don't be thinking about what bus is gonna come swerving around the corner.

For the record; I wear headphones during the day because the sound of kids screaming their lungs out, as well as the neighbour's weird addiction to using power tools (with a barely legal decibel range, SURELY!), triggers my misophonia - it's completely understandable to everyone until it's an inconvenience to them. Fck off lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Demanding people who don’t and won’t take NO for an answer… or your wishes into consideration..

IF I say no which isn’t often there might be a tangible reason behind me not wanting to do something or go somewhere…as is the case tonight…

I had to eat my dinner with a knife and spoon. I've searched the kitchen several times, but there's not 1 fork to be found. Not in the drawers, the presses or thr sink. Wtf ??

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

They've all forked off to the races?

OT cannot get comfortable despite everything on the couch to help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Why does my manager think I have any interest in doing anything 'social' with our team???? Christ almighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Van parked at petrol pumps.

I went into the shop and could see the van driver in the cafe section eating his lunch.

My second TA.... I sliced my finger on a sharp piece of metal.

It wasn't too bad yesterday but it's really tender today and I keep hitting it off stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

TA lumpy washing powder - does be hard on that scoop thing that sometimes comes with the bigger boxes; use the 'handle' part to jab the fcuk outta them solidified cakey masses.. Similar TA = when there's narys the scoop in a box

Also - TA on desktop version on here; on the 'categories' on right-hand side, the 'down arrow' is merely an ornament

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

At 21.52 tonight mine just started hammering out his back garden, doing an ongoing construction project…sounds like metal hitting metal. It fûcking beggars belief that he can be at this again, just not two fücks given whatsoever… absolute inconsiderate prick

Sounds like a metal spade or metal garden hoe continuously hitting off posts being driven into the ground… or something of that nature.,,.it’s that loud the sound is echoing and reverberating all around us….

nutsville.. now the other neighbors dogs who are quiet are kicking off and having a barkathon. Great. A nice relaxing balmy evening with the windows open and then..#€%@€&#@

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement