Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Irelandsnumberone

What is wrong with any off them comments?

1st one Its nothing more than saying hes his fathers son etc.

2nd one is asking who someone is ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

What precisely do you find offensive about me saying she's her fathers daughter, politically, She absolutely is. We're you offended by Austin Curry BA 🤔

Where is the mockery, I'm completely baffled by your assertion here, its perplexing.

What about mine and others compliment of Catherine connelly, is she beneath you, I've praised many female TD'S but unfortunately for you as they are not FFG they seem to be irrelevant, utterly bizzare

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

You appear to be completely devoid of any "cop on"

Can you not even see how your own blatantly false misogyny card could be oh so easily turned on yourself?

Eg.... "Oh it's because Connolly is a woman, isn't it?"

Forget it, I already kno the answer. Posts lacking basic cop on are actually not worth the time or the effort.

Jesus wept its actually surreal, bewildering, bizzare and embarrassing, surely BA trying to be satirical, no one could be so out of touch, Could they 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Yes Minister McEntee's new Bill on consent is commended. Will she now turn her attention to the tidal wave of anti - social behaviour in our streets and on public transport? The grotesque situation where scumbags with 100+ convictions are free to walk the streets? The countless incidents detailed on these boards where Gardai stand by and do nothing while crimes are committed right in front of them? The recent farce where members of a certain ethnic minority we're not allowed to talk about started exercising their cultural right to stage a bare knuckle boxing match in the middle of the country's primary airport and were allowed to do so with impunity? The abuse of the so called "free" legal aid system by the criminal classes? Don't hold your breath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

and as usual in they all pile

Next time you slag off every single woman who works for a party maybe you might think about why you are doing it.

To use my own comment which seems to have been copied. Cop on to yourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Always problematic where there are true believers involved. If there is an agreement it will be a comrpromise that may not favour the Greens.

Regards...jmcc

Hang on now BA, you've group quoted folks and made a bizzare accusation, explain your nonsense, don't hide behind a group pile up nonsense, back up what you've said, individually will suffice

Has she any opinion on the little scumbag who knocked that poor girl under the train getting off with a telling off basically

• Registered Users Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I don't think Greens will get what they want but Ryan will want to be seen to drive a hard bargain or some his fellow Green TDs will walk.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

What nonsense have you concocted now to get yourself out of a self dug hole?

100's of interviews pass off without comment.

I have commented on interviews that warrant comment here. Interviews by male and female Td's

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

Nice attempt to flip it around and play the victim, all I did was highlight how attempting to play the misogyny card nilly willy undermines genuine cases.

As for this.

Next time you slag off every single woman who works for a party maybe you might think about why you are doing it.

Thanks for proving my point.

The fact that people "slag off" male members of the same political party's in much more cases on these threads is literally "evidence in hand" of the absolute and unquestionable nonsense you're spouting. Give it up and stop making a show of yourself.

That's not what is reflected on this thread.

You never said a woman government TD gave a good interview. The faux outrage doesn't work with me and the posts are all over this thread

I never mentioned "pile up". I just mentioned they all come piling in.

Accusation? 😂 cop on to yourself

It's an opinion based on you and other reaction to every single interview given by a women by the government parties.

The evidence is from start to finish on this thread.

As I said next time you think it is ok to slag off a woman for doing her job, think about why you are doing it. It is certainly not for the interview because as I said nothing was wrong with Helens interview earlier , so why are you doing it?

Just put on ignore, life gets easier when you're not dealing with childish tactics

BA, make no mistake abut this ok?

I want an end to this toxic powerswap, I will not be singing the praises of this government. Therefore I will not be bringing good interviews to attention.

*Goes searching for BA 'praising' interviews by anyone other than FF or FG. 😁

Rant? cop on to yourself

I called you out on it, you respond by making comments about me

As I said, next time you start slagging off a woman think about why you are doing it. It's a pity in 2022 this has to be brought up at all but it has gone on too long on these threads

• Registered Users Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Such fakery. Only one does it better.

Do you not see the irony that the party you accuse all anti FFG posters of voting for is led by a woman north and south?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

It is unsubstantiated therefore it is a rant.

Both male and female car crash interviews are mentioned here.

Your view on whether they were car-crash or not is your own and you are entitled to it.

I only heard the end of her interview this evening and she was certainly caught flat footed when asked if the Garda in the coercive control case was allowed to resign or was he sacked.

She is never convincing or appears fully briefed when under pressure.

You've called no one out, but out of nowhere you make an absurd accusation, can't or won't back it up and expect that to be ignored, it was a rant, untrue, bewildering and utterly unbelievable.

I'll ask again, why do you believe, me describing the Senator, her fathers Daughter politically, so offensive.

Have you never heard the expression,

She's her father's Daughter

He's his father son

• Advertisement

It wasn't a rant and it is very disingenuous to claim it was. I made my point clear and concise and I will again the next time as well. Nothing was wrong with the interview. End of story and you have failed to explain why you made the comments about Helen which tells it own story

It is terrible in 2022 I had to comment at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

One of the big elephants in the room for the government is Data Centres which we are relying on more and more. They also won’t be going away anytime soon especially since the government confirmed today the role of Data Centres in Ireland’s Enterprise Strategy. The Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment have stated the following:

Data is an essential enabler of our increasingly digital economy and society facilitating everything from remote working, on-line learning and e-health to on-line retail, food service delivery, banking, and payments. 

However, we must align the twin transitions which are both digital and green. While data centres currently account for just under 2% of all greenhouse gas emissions, they are responsible for about 14% of Irish electricity use.

Recognising the significant capacity constraints on the electricity system in the short-to-medium term, and the need for decarbonisation of our energy system, the revised Statement adopts a set of principles to harness the economic and societal benefits that data centres bring, facilitating sustainable data centre development that adheres to our energy and enterprise policy objectives.

Any Data Centres must meet the following Agreed Principles:

• Economic Impact: The Government has a preference for data centre developments associated with strong economic activity and employment.
    • Grid Capacity and Efficiency: The Government has a preference for data centre developments that make efficient use of our electricity grid, using available capacity and alleviating constraints.
    • Renewables Additionality: The Government has a preference for data centre developments that can demonstrate the additionality of their renewable energy use in Ireland.
    • Co-location or Proximity with Future-proof energy supply: The Government has a preference for data centre developments in locations where there is the potential to co-locate a renewable generation facility or advanced storage with the data centre, supported by a CPPA, private wire or other arrangement.
    • Decarbonised Data Centres by Design: The Government has a preference for data centres developments that can demonstrate a clear pathway to decarbonise and ultimately provide net zero data services
    • SME Access and Community Benefits: The Government has a preference for data centre developments that provide opportunities for community engagement and assist SMEs, both at the construction phase and throughout the data centre lifecycle.

Data centre developments which are not consistent with these principles will not be in line with government policy. This also fulfi'ls commitments under the 2021 Climate Action Plan and the 2022 National Energy Security Framework.

This also means that Data Centres will not be seen as scapegoats for the Greens to sacrifice.

It was a rant because you haven't backed up a single absurd claim you have made.

All TD's get commented on here if posters believe a TD gave a bad interview = fact.

You think it was a good interview = well bully for you, but you would say that because you defend the government as if it was a vocation.

It's terrible in 2022 you come up with such disingenuous nonsense, you made a claim, can't or won't explain it or back it up and out of nowhere, thats a rant in my book.

You seriously believe folks on here are only critical of female TD'S and yet you pounce at the mention of Leo, MM, ER, numerous male ministers and government TD'S whilst Bizzarely your own main obsession of attack is led by a Female TD, the Hypocrisy is breathtaking.

I'll call out a clown, Male, Female or other, Gender has absolutely nothing to do with my opinions, infact I'm actually more impressed by Female TDs than male and one likely to get my vote next time round.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble BA but this false misogynistic angle won't wash with.me or others on this Thread who like me don't use Gender as a tool to make a comment on a particular discussion or latest FFFG debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I have seen more comments on here about male TD car crash interviews than female TD car crash interviews. A car crash interview is a car crash interview regardless of political party or the TD's gender.

I just did a search there using brokenangel's name and prominent females of the opposition. Any matches came up with negative comments on these women. I wonder do you @brokenangel think about what you are doing when you do this?

So it’s “shoot the messenger”

Thank you for proving my point 👍

BA , now seriously, you are the messenger, you started this and refuse to explain yourself, I'm not even sure what brought this on to be honest.

The messenger was full of it as usual. Like others, just because you didn't like the comment you tried to sledgehammer some misogyny into the conversation and ended up making a fool of yourself because you pick on women in just the same way. Of course like everyone else you will pick on men too.

But you knew that, you just couldn't help yourself. ROFL

• Advertisement

I explained already. Still no response in regards the interview

I am actually baffled by the statement about the opposition been led by a female, what an odd statement to make 🤔

This popped into my head

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

Very apt

Anyway, good night 😴

Advertisement