Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2022

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I think you are in the Crosshairs Space

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

all the lads at the top have 5 events played

I've got 2 games in hand so time to start jumping up the table

• Registered Users Posts: 20,910 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Yes but we can probably improve our scores by the amount you can win at an outing.......

At the rate I'm playing I'm going to have about 20 shots at the next outing so am a shoe in to gather some decent points 😁

Image pasting

• Advertisement

Agreed, lots of movement over next two outings

Updated table after Dundrum outing

Ok Guys there are going to be Posts in various places about how the year end will pan out (the last 2 outings). In particular please keep an eye on Clubnet sticky - here and posts on next 2 events including the Final Outing.

I'm pleased to announce that the Final Outing , Golfer of the Year , Jug selection , Captains and Past Captains prize will take place in this years Irish Open venue Mount Juliet, There will be a specific thread for this set up in a short while.

We have secured a great rate (For a Saturday) here and a significant contribution to the day will be made from your subs and the sponsorship we secured at the start of the year.

Mount Juliet is a very important place to me and my own relationship with golf - but I'll cover that in the thread.

We have 36 slots - but typically at least 10 people can't go - so I don't think there will be serious issue with the timesheet - but our society is very hard to judge - and an invite will have to be issued using / pts / event attendance. Again , I wouldn't be too concerned we will get well well done the list of active members on availability alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭eireyiddo

Amazing venue. Well done all involved to secure that. I'm available to clean gutters, windows and any bobba jobs that need doing to get me name on that timesheet as sadly if it comes down to golf skills my 9 year old son stroked all mine 🤭

Cool stuff - eireyiddo your in 23rd - so wont be an issue.

Again - with availability , people just not interested - I can't see there being much of an issue - but just a warning.

If others really want to go to captains - and have not been involved much - get your ass to Tullamore.

• Advertisement

I think the biggest turnout we ever had for captains was 33. Won’t be an issue

Thanks for bursting my bubble in 10 mins. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭eireyiddo

I'll be in tullamore for sure. I'll mow your lawn tomorrow just incase👍

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭blue note

Oh wow, what a venue for the final day. Being so close do Dublin I'd be surprised if you don't get a good turnout. And it's not too bad for those coming from Cork, Waterford, the midlands. I'd say it could book out!

I should be in Tullamore anyway, so fingers crossed it'll be my 3rd outing of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

While walking around M.J for the irish open, a flood of good memories about the place hit me and a I started to crave another go at the place. I can't wait now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

I may or may not make the cut for this one, fingers crossed I get to defend my MJ Captain's prize!

Space may be lobbying behind the scenes for me not to make it! 😄

My handicap is around the same while his is less than half I think! It's all a blur at this stage, much like the night after in Kilkenny, but it was one of my best days on a golf course and reignited my love for the game and got me back into club golf. The place was looking great when I was there recently for the Irish Open, so really looking forward to making it back.

Tullamore is another favourite, but my presence there depends on missing the cut for our own Captain's, so will be bitter sweet either way!

Great choice Fix and shaping up to being a great end to a cracking year!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

Is there a starting tee time known yet for Mt Juliet? Going to stay over, but trying to figure out if it makes more sense to stay on the Friday or Saturday. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭CONSI

been laid up with a wrist injury after catching a tree root after hitting a shot the last few months so well down the list unfortunately, enjoy Tullamore...hoping the wrist holds up next week in St Andrews, havnt swung a club in months so not ideal practice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Out of curiousity and planning a trip myself, do you mind me asking how much you paying for St Andrews.

PM is fine if not comfortable putting here. We are been quoted 550 with one other course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭BohToffee

€550 sounds a great deal. I was quoted close to £1000 for 4 nights 3 golf in Inverness next April.. Arranging our own way there and back...

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭CONSI

we play with a club over there, The New Club St Andrews (https://www.newgolfclubstandrews.co.uk), my brother is a member and a St Andrews Links trust ticket holder so he gets 1/3rd rack rate green fees for visitors. We are over for 2 days Ryder cup style competition, in its 15th year. 12 of us heading this week

Typical rack rate high season for Old is £270, but you can't book ahead, maybe you can with these tour groups and thats why they charge a premium, normally you try for the ballot 2 days prior to the day you want, so for example after Tuesday at 3pm you can go into the Friday ballot. You will learn around Wednesday at 4/5pm if you’ve got in, that will be at full rate.

There are a number of Authorised Providers (Golf Tour Operators and Local Accommodation Providers) offering packages, including guaranteed Old Course tee times, throughout high season (April – October).

Authorised Providers can be recognised by the official 'Authorised Provider' logo displayed on their websites and social media platforms.

Single golfers with suitable handicaps who wish to play the Old Course without an existing tee time should check in at the Old Pavilion on the day of play and the staff will do their best to join them with a two or three-ball group. There is no obligation on the existing golfers to make up a four-ball but common practice is that single golfers are warmly welcomed. With patience, this can be successful but there are no guarantees

There's 7 courses under the St Andrews Links trust. Old/New/Jubilee/Castle/Eden/Strath and Balgrove.

Prices, as with everywhere, are going up again next year. I often go end of March aswell, catch the end of the low season till March 31st, its only £135 to play the Old, but you do use Mats.

What we have found is you can get good off season deals with gleneagles aswell and we have started staying in dundee as an alternative as st andrews is gone very expensive.

We are nearly always looking for people to come, we just filled our team for this year last week, and the golf is all subsidised by the scottish team who take us as guests

All there is a 4 ball for sale on adverts for the society. Have a look if you fancy. We will make sure it is used either way. From last years captain.

New system certainly makes it tighter to the end. You can go from chasing a GOTY win to almost out of the team.

Maybe a bit too tight - but that is for another days chat.

I still think I like it. Cuts to space hurting and 3 golfers on a strong run at him.

Posting as image...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭benny79

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭benny79

Of course you can with a win

• Advertisement

As most have played the 5 - you can only gain points by the difference of lowest counting - so me a win would be worth (200 - 80) = 120.

I only post as people need to be aware of that if chasing a top 10.

For you, you need to score greater than 67 - and if you do, your gain is (whatever you score - 67)

Advertisement