Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my team 22/23

Options

Comments

Currently:

---------Alisson / 4.0--------

TAA---Cancelo--Perisic--4.5--4.5

Son---Diaz---JWP---Martinelli--Pereira

Haaland---Jesus---5.0m

Thoughts/comments?

My own ramblings:

It's a little bit template-y, but wanted to fit in Haaland, Son and the two big hitters at the back. I feel the money saved on Mo is better spent on the beefy defenders.

No Chelsea cover. This is probably my biggest issue, I'm toying with changing Alisson and Martinelli to Mendy and Rashford. Any opinions on this or is there a better combo for 11.5 mill?

Currently have two 4.5m in DEF, (randoms for now are Malacia and Tomiyasu). Would i be better off with a 5.0 and a 4.0, and what would your choice be in these brackets?

Who's Best 5.0 forward for the inevitable 2-pointers, or is there any? I had Greenwood in there but his ownership percentage is so high that he'll haemorrhage value if he has a stinker early doors. Currently on Encisco, who's behind Maupay and Welbeck in the pecking order, but will probably change to another low-ownership option. At a push, I could probably scape another million together but the 6.0m options aren't much better, really. Maybe Awonyi from Notts Forest?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Could be Podence as CF? They've a couple of friendlies this weekend so that might shed some light.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Hwang would be the most likely,OOP midfielder up front,yes please,he did reasonably well last season

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

They're a team who want to break their way back into the top 6. They weren't even giving him the Conference League games last season so he was a clear backup there and not someone they were grooming to take over from Schmeichel. Extremely unlikely they're letting Schmeichel go without bringing in someone they consider to be at the same level or better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Post edited by cullenswood on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Possible, they are not exactly acting like a team who want to break back into top 6 though, only club to not sign anyone yet (granted its only late July, but still!). We will see what happens, would not be one bit surprised if Ward is number 1.

There’s very little logic to suggest they will. Why would they let Schmeichel go without having someone they’ve shown faith in, or are willing to bring in that they have faith in?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm seriously thinking about taking TAA out of my team and putting Robertson in. By doing this it frees up enough funds to go from Bailey to Sancho.

Robertson was 20 points behind TAA last season but he had a lot of changes in front of him with Jota, Mane and Diaz all getting long runs in the LW position. I think he'll be a lot closer to TAA points wise this season.

Only issue is the high TAA ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Tsimikas is good back up for Robbo on the left and could easily get a run. No one on the right to challenge Trent.

Where else are you going to get almost guaranteed ballpark 200 points (plus or minus a few) for 7.5? If you think Robertson is going to score similarly at 7.0 stick them both in.

I would almost guarantee that some of the players you're looking to spend money on by sacrificing TAA are higher priced guys who probably haven't achieved/don't likely project to hit the 200 mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Admittedly from a small pool of games but Robbs returns when Diaz plays diminish a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Funny enough in my latest draft I’ve just doubled up on TAA and Robbo. It’s means I have Salah in midfield instead of Diaz. My reasons being that Diaz maybe has a rotation risk and he’s still new enough to the Pl. Do we know if he’s really explosive? His price is fantastic mind you. With Robbo, we know what we’re gonna get with him plus he ended the season so well. With Jimi injured it also means I can switch Diaz to Neto, to allow Robbo. Think I’ll stick with that.

This is my latest draft.

Sanchez (Ward)

James TAA Robertson White Cancelo

Salah Saka Neto (Pereria) (Colback)

Haaland Jesus (Greenwood)

I’m fairly certain I’ll stick with this, or maybe Kane to start for GW1 and then Haaland in GW2.

One slight adjustment that’s annoying me is Neto+Robbo vs Diaz+Collins/4.5m. Hard to know which combo is better there.

I could go a more little left field and go with Son/Kane plus Haaland but I think my current team has the flexibility to bring in players easily if needed.

Would be interested to hear opinions on which combo is better as mentioned above, I.e. Robbo vs Luis Diaz?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

I did have Barnes in for Grealish, i think grealish will get more time this year. Nunez is a risk granted but im gonna gamble. I plan on playing Hendo a bit yeah. Same with Lingard but ill take a chance and hope forest hit the ground running.

My immediate thought is that the Allison+TAA double up means you can’t fit in Salah easily if needed. Salah and Robbo/VVD offer better value than Allison I believe. Allison to 4.5/5.0 and a few changes on bench fodder might allow you funds for Robbo or VVD.

I like the Son pick. I don’t think he’ll be highly owned and it could come back to bite us.

No Chelsea might be a good thing as they’re rebuilding, lost their backline and doing sh1te in preseason.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭taxdummy

When you compare TAA with VVD, there isn't that much in their returns when both play full seasons, is TAA worth the 1m more? Is he worth the 0.5m more than Cancelo? Is he worth 1.5m more than James?

Comparing him to other more expensive players proves your point, however comparing him to cheaper options, and what they have returned would imply that he's not priced correctly - for example, is he worth 2m more than Allison - last season he scored 36 points more than him, would you consider this worth 2m? For all his hype TAA doesn't score many goals, and when you compare him to James, or indeed Chilwell/Alonso - if they had a full season of no injuries chances are they would be a lot higher in terms of their points.

You could have TAA and Nico Williams for 11.5m or you could have James and Walker for 11m +0.5m spare - whose going to return more over the course of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Robbo significantly outscored TAA in the 2nd half of last year. I’d prefer this stat over the Diaz one

Trent will because the other 2 won’t play as much due to injury & rotations

Currently on:

Raya (Ward)

Robbo Zinchenko Cancelo (Patterson , Williams)

Salah Foden Zaha Maddison Neto

Kane Toney (Greenwood)

I think I need to get a bit more Arsenal & Spurs into the team but all in all trying not to get too bogged down in team as I’m expecting so much to change by end of August

There was 25 points between them last season and 32 points between them the season they played together and won the league. Trent played 2 less games than Van Dijk last season (so you can add whatever sub points you'd get to that 25 points).

You're telling me that you think the player who projects to get approx 30 points more than the other guy isn't comfortably worth a million more? Cancelo has one season scoring in the same stratosphere as TAA. Yes I think TAA is worth 0.5 million more. Reece James' highest scoring season is 141 points (TAA outscored that highest score by 44 points in his debut season) so yes I believe TAA is a significantly safer bet than Reece James who sometimes plays as RCB in a three.

Trent is probably the only defender in the game who you can pretty much say is going to be give or take 200 points (Robbo is pretty close to that too). You pay 10+ million for guys like that in other positions (which makes sense given the pricing structures), so you absolutely cannot be refusing the same at 7.5 for a defender when its offered.

Comparisons to Alisson don't work because the position is priced differently. In the same way that TAA outscores Kane last season but still definitely could not be priced similarly to Kane because the positions are priced completely differently from top to bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Is it near yet please let it be near time to start

Alisson

TAA Cash Cancelo

Martinelli De Bruyne Ward Prowse McGinn Salah

Antonio Jesus

Subs

Darlow Tomkins Drager Forss

Went a bit wild and made more changes then I should have probably. Going 352 but may switch it up to 433 and fodder 1 midfielder for a defender

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

This was touted all the time last season and never happened

Having said that I wouldn't be taking TAA out for Robbo, ever

Handy that you don't need any advice on your team

I would go Robbo + Neto/Bailey

The only issue I'd have with your team is there is nowhere to go if your formation doesn't work out, say Sancho and Maddison go mental, its major surgery or probably the WC to get there

When you compare TAA with VVD, there isn't that much in their returns when both play full seasons, is TAA worth the 1m more? Is he worth the 0.5m more than Cancelo? Is he worth 1.5m more than James?

Yes

For all his hype TAA doesn't score many goals, and when you compare him to James, or indeed Chilwell/Alonso - if they had a full season of no injuries chances are they would be a lot higher in terms of their points.

TAA is consistent, you can guarantee he'll be around the 200 point mark, he has outscored everyone bar Salah & Son over the last four seasons, that includes Harry Kane. He is top tier. He is also mainly about assists and when you look at that over four years he has more than those three Chelsea players COMBINED. When he gets an assist he mops up on bonus, he's 20 bonus points shy of their combined total.

You could have TAA and Nico Williams for 11.5m or you could have James and Walker for 11m +0.5m spare - whose going to return more over the course of the season?

You're not comparing like with like, Williams is bench fodder

That Toney striker spot is tough. I had him and moved off because I needed 1m but I could also justify it that their good run doesn't really start until GW3. The Ronaldo situation could change everything but I wouldn't be adverse to Martial.

The 4.5m goalie is tough too. Hub says Sanchez and Guaita are the best two. I'm currently on Pickford and Meslier

Like the JWP and KDB picks. Can't see the rationale for McGinn when Coutinho and Bailey are priced how they are. Antonio could work out but its a big risk and given their fixtures not one I'd be taking

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭taxdummy

Whether you play Nico or have him on your bench is your choice, however in terms of comparing what you can get for your money on returns, I would go for James/Walker +0.5m over TAA and Nico.

For all the talk of 200 points, TAA has only got over 200 points twice. Will he get it this time, who knows, but GW1 is probably the only GW were you can judge whether or not it's the right move having him as it's the only time in the season that everyone's team is worth the same, so if say TAA gets 18 points in his first game, and you end up on 92 points and someone who doesn't have TAA ends up on 97 - can you say you were right about TAA even though if money spent differently you could potentially get different points?

As another poster pointed out, Robbo significantly outscored TAA in the backend of last season, TAA is a streaky player - two seasons in a row, he scores the majority of his points in burst of 5/6 games and then the fanboys say he's all this, whereas he usually goes "quiet" for the rest of season . Look back on when he was dropped from England Squad 2 years ago - think he went 5/6 games of getting double digit scores.

The main reason i see so many going with TAA from the start is down to his ownership - if he was at 30% I doubt so many one jump on board, but there is this fear of missing out - despite his price tag - he's only 4th in the list of most selected, despite being cheaper than the top 3 - does that make sense?

I don’t know about tough start. Leicester aren’t really settled at the minute with the Schmeichel situation. I’d be happy to take them on they’ll concede.

Next up for Brentford is first home game & its an evening kick off v United.

Id go against the fixtures only start on GW3 for Brentford.

You are right on the 4.5m GK , I haven’t looked into it but I think Raya had a massive influence on Brentford last year. When he got injured they fell apart.

Martial… no, no, no!!! You just can’t go there. Most unreliable player in the PL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

TAA is a genuine captaincy option in a lot of GWs. Are any other defenders a captaincy option?

Advertisement