Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my team 22/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

Greetings all - hope you had a nice summers break and are all ready for another season of disappointing captain pics!

My current draft looks like this

Sanchez - 4.0

TAA - Cancelo - Trippier - Zinchenko - Nico

Salah - Diaz - Neto - Rashford - Martinelli

Haaland - Jesus - 4.5

I'm not sold on Chelsea assets tbh. They could be looking at essentially untried back 3 partnership but if they look like clicking then Ill be all over James. Im worried he may not play as wingback though unless they sign the likes of Kounde. Zinchenko and Tripper rotate well the first 5 gameweeks and will play Cancelo/TAA regardless. I like Trippiers set pieces and Zin could be OOP.

With the 5 subs rule Ive opted for 5 in midfield just for versatility sake between a 352 and a 451. Rashford could be a bargain, easy switch out if not. Neto and Martinelli represent value at their price points but Martinelli could become Bruno G or Lingaard in a hurry.

Haaland in there for the moment, honestly I prefer Kanes GW1 fixture and the fact that he's nailed but Haalands ownership is monsterous. Also not sure how Richarlison will effect Spurs going forwards after his suspension. He's a selfish enough lad on the ball so wpuld expect him to maybe lower Kane/Son output from the past few seasons. Jesus... not sold on him at all as a playet but there are no decent apparant forward options as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're a United supporter?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭nice bit of green

Sanchez

Zinc, TAA, Cancelo, James, N Williams

Son (C), Salah, Bruno G

Kane, Johnson

Subs, Steele, Pereira, Forss, Baptiste

Finally happy as it gives me the big defenders/ no fomo & hoping Spurs continue the good form.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Leeds Everton leaked goals last season compared to palace bright .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Martinez

TAA, Collins, Robertson, Cancelo , Doherty,

Saka, Lingard, Salah,

Wilson, Haaland

Subs:enter 4m gk here, Fornals, Andreas, Taylor

Thoughts on this? Not having Son or Kane or both is a scary thought so that could change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Why are so many people neglecting their midfield when it comes to distribution of funds?

It’s always been the best source of points ,particularly early in season. Defences don’t usually start clean sheeting regularly til a few games in

As for forwards, awful last year

or am I wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

And a big thing to note…. 5 subs this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

Mendy, Gazzaniga

TAA, Cancelo, Zinchenko, Dalot, Neco

Salah, Saka, Grealish, Rashford, Pereira

Kane, Jesus, Plange/Delap etc

Ok, hit me…

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I think I'm settling on 3 premiums.

Salah no question for me, I want City attack and nobody stands out more for me than Haaland. I can't ignore Spurs either - Son edges it for me now.

Raya (Balcombe)

TAA, Robertson, Cancelo, Tomiyasu, Dalot

Salah, Son, Martinelli, Bailey (Pereira)

Haaland (Greenwood, Taylor)

I prefer double Liverpool defence over going Diaz & Salah. PL proven and decent opening fixtures. Attacking output the key here for me.

Son has killed me before in prev seasons not owning him and my FPL notes from May/last season was just get him. A potential dilemma is going Son, Tomiyasu & 4.5 forward fodder or Kane, Zinchenko & 4.5 midfielder fodder. The former shades it for me right now.

Question marks over Martinelli and game time. Currently, my thoughts are he'll start and I posted about his numbers not being too different to Jesus although Jesus more nailed. Arsenal Sevilla on Saturday will tell me more hopefully.

Bailey has had a great pre season and he's a solid player. Risky yes but himself and Pereira rotate pretty well for the opening 5+ rounds and I'd be somewhat confident him starting the season.

Dalot a risk at starting but he's first choice IMO and at 4.5 is pretty solid.

Looking forward to Community shield too as may lead us to all tear up our teams :)

Thoughts welcome!

• Advertisement

Played in two, started neither. From football London, they reckon the Roma friendly will tell a lot. Scout have him in their starting 11

Both Sessegnon and Emerson have featured regularly in pre-season so far, with Lucas Moura also utilised as a wing-back in all three games. It was a surprise that Doherty didn't play at all in Glasgow, so he, as well as Spence and Perisic, could really do with a decent run in the side against Roma as the new campaign is almost upon us.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I would say that it's potentially going to annoy a lot of people with pool/city players - if they don't start, they are more likely to come on now with 5 subs - the likes of Mahrez/Grealish/Foden/Diaz/Jota/Nunez - can even include players like Rashford/EMR - they can easily just get minutes from the bench now. This may change some teams approach - do you need a bench now, knowing that injury is pretty much all that is going to rule your player out if he doesn't start? On the flip side, players like Sam Greenwood are likely to see more time and should be picking up points, he got 2 assists at tail end of last season.

Feels like he has too much competition to have him in gw1 team at 5.0

My thinking is that its his spot to lose, he'll start the season at the very least. They're not throwing Spence in straight away, Conte apparently didn't want him, the spurs board decided he was an investment in the future. Moura is a fly in the ointment

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think that Spurs RWB spot is just one to be left alone. Perisic is the safest wing back there and even that’s not so safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I played around with a very similar template to that - i.e. Son, Salah and Halaand. I noticed how you still managed to have a serious backline in your template. I'm very tempted by it now. I'd personally go Neto over Martinelli, and keep the 0.5m. Not much room for movement in your team but sometimes it's worth the risk.

Thanks @sheroman01, it's a case of wanting everyone and having to sacrifice players here and there. I'm happy enough with the set up.

Neto is an interesting one, he just doesn't appeal to me at all and even less so now with the Jimi news. I can't see the attraction for him myself. Martinelli really there as Arsenal cover whilst having the highly owned Jesus.

Perisic missed most of preseason and Conte has a history of taking him off early, I wouldn't be going him. That's not to say Doherty is the answer either

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

He is definitely risky. But still the safest investment you can make in a Spurs wingback IMO. You can at least say that when he is fit and fresh Conte will start him.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dingle1969

Allison (Mendy)

TAA, Cancelo, James, Persic (Williams)

Salah, Martinelli, Neto, Rashford (Pereira)

Haaland, Jesus, (Greenwood)

Thoughts? The big issue for me is not having Kane and/or Son

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Looks a solid team to me. Have my doubts personally about James and Perisic but the main point I'd make is that Mendy as your sub keeper seems a bit expensive when you could play with Allison as a set and forget.

Have been chopping and changing a good bit now and my current choices are:

Lloris(Ward)

Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Trippier, Cancelo, (Williams)

Salah, Martinelli, Barnes, Almiron, (Bailey)

Kane, Jesus, (Archer)

Any constructive advice appreciated.

I wouldn't be sold on Lloris. Quite expensive at 5.5 especially with fixtures. Any reason you're going for him?

IMO, I'd downgrade and save the extra 1.0 or 0.5.

I like the Trippier and Almiron picks, but not a fan of their opening fixtures. Almiron and Bailey to rotate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Had Allison in that spot but him being injured made me look for an alternative and Lloris just popped in at the same price as he was one of the top scoring keepers last season and the Spurs defense was much improved by Conte and I think this will continue. Bissouma could make their defensive midfield very solid. Not sure how I'd spend the extra cash if I got a cheaper keeper and I like the inclusion of Robertson which is allowed by dropping Allison now that there has been a statement that Allison should be back for the Fulham game. I don't think the Spurs opening fixtures are that bad and may downgrade to a 5mill or 4.5mill when playing the usual early wildcard. Would like to have Pope in goal but their starting fixtures are not great and some sources still put Dubravka in with a chance of playing so maybe will switch to him after they have played City and Liverpool.

Bailey would be worth starting in some weeks and might bench Trippier for the games against Liverpool and City.

I like the three premium team you have selected but would worry about the team being unable to field 11 if Haaland needed to be rested or was injured on short notice.

Thanks for the advice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Had Allison in that spot but him being injured

Should be ok for league according to Klopp.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I like it a lot. I think loris and Allison will fight it out for the top scoring keeper and I don’t want Allison as I already have TAA, Robertson and salah.

id probably pick some different budget/mid-priced midfielders though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Very solid team, but drop Mendy to a 4m keeper (Ward maybe) as double Chelsea defence wouldn’t be advised given their rebuild plus you’re never gonna wanna bench Allison. That extra 1m will come in handy in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

McGinn is 5.5M Coutinho is 7.0M. Bailey ia 5.0M so maybe unless I change 433 and do a few fodders

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Ederson (Ward)

TAA Cancelo Chilwell Zinchenko (N.Williams)

Salah Diaz Neto Bailey (A.Pereira)

Kane Jesus (Broja)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Risky but strongly considering a no Salah draft. Really like City/Spurs Captaincy rotation and at Salahs price point I think you need to be captaining him. Something along lines of

Raya/4m Keeper

Cancelo TAA Robbo Dalot Neco

Neto Diaz Son Maddison Pereira

Haaland Wilson 4.5m Striker

Maddison is a punt that interests me but there's a few solid options at that 8.0 mid price point so gives flexibility to switch. Jesus ownership is high but happy to wait a week or two on him - Like Wilson and fancy Newcastle to start well. KDB +Kane vs Son + Haaland is a really close call for me too. Just a consideration for now bu tNo Salah does tempt me a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Picked a team with 5 premiums

TAA, Son, Salah, Kane and Haaland. Even managed to squeeze in Alisson.

In the end I downgraded TAA to a 5m and managed a half decent looking back line.

Bench is a write off obviously and the midfield is risky but I think there's something there to work with.

Advertisement