Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Van Doozy

@bodhrandude Safe travels!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Peesh89

CMAT is on my must see list.. have had her album on repeat the last few months. Saw her at B&S but was up on the hill enjoying the sun so hope to be down the front for a boogie this time. Highly recommend, she puts on a great show!

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Camper van site peeps: I'll be arriving later than my friend, who has the van, will i have any issues walking in with a general ticket or will I need the person with the pass to meet me at the gate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Sorry, i see what you mean but at least its crossing the suir before carrick. But ya keep away from that bridge even if you dont have to cross it. Hang right coming into carrick. Ive edited that post now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

Nice one I'll probably be using it myself. Hard to believe that 18 minute journey took 6 hours last time 🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭RINO87

I wonder how many people citrus fresh will have on stage/his guest list? Saw him support the Mary Wallopers in the milk market last summer and he had half of limerick on stage with him! Puts on a great show tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭darzog

The gates are about to swing open for the really early birders. Have a ton of fun tonight and look forward to tales of top-notch camping spots and hearty revelling. Me and Mrs darzog will be travelling down in the morning from Belfast. Early, early start to get there for gates opening at 9 (with a bit of luck, a good following wind and fingers, toes and eyes crossed for the new traffic plan to be working like clockwork.) Here’s to the sound of the first can being cracked the ‘marra and also the familiar sound of closing portaloo doors being gently carried on the breeze! Enjoy your evening people…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭RINO87

Any clues whomis opening something kind of Wonderful.on Saturday yet? Still down as special guest

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Van Doozy

It's a card which allows you to rapidly cool 12 cans at any time over the weekend at our can cooling service in the campsite. You can cool them all together (now?) or one at a time.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dingbat

Howya - great work but I'm being thick and not sure what you mean about Camper Vans. If you're in a camper van from Dublin do you mean you don't follow the Dublin route?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Zero traffic on the way out here from Waterford following the signs, and no queuing getting in. Only a handful of people in A hard days night campsite at the moment. No hassle getting the few extra cans and some hip flasks through the gates either. All good so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

Are they checking everything in detail? Hoping to hide a few drinks lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

I had the 24 cans on trolley, and hid the rest in bags. I didn't go mad, just the extra few for tonight and 2 hip flasks of whiskey.

Cheers, the missus just tagged you on Instafrazzle or whatever cool people do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Druidyourlookingfor

Any word on how stringent the campervan checks are? I'm sure it's fine but just wondering is this a year where they go all "border control" on people.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gkhant

We made it here and am cracking into the first can!! Happy days!

Came from Cork and came across a speed van about 5km before Lemybrien but other than that, the signage is much, much better.

The car park fields are very bumpy so take it handy coming in if you drive a normal veh-hickle.

Security checks were minimum for us, they were more concerned about glass than anything else and I had a trolley with everything strapped in tight so they just had a quick look at my rucksack and opened our main bag a small bit for a quick rummage.

I managed to get 6 cans in wrapped up in the sleeping bags and a bottle of gin disguised as a bottle of water, every little bit helps!!

For anyone heading to the Boutique area, it's a bit of a trek and very bumpy so you need to have something with good wheels. The final bit to get in is a b**th of a hill.

If you can manage to bring everything in, in one go, I'd recommend it. One slightly tortuous trip and be done... Crack a beer and enjoy!!

The ground is very dry and firm, some of the tracks/paths are very stoney. The site looks great though, it's going to be a good 'un!!!!

Soz, the photos are a bit shite, but as the main arena is closed tis difficult to get decent shots.

Don't follow the "from Dublin" directions for general camping if you are a campervan. It leads you to gate 6 which is the total opposite side to gate 3 which is the camper entrance. Camper is the same corner as gate 4 (south west entrance)

Either go to kilmacthomas and join traffic from the south west to gate 3.

Or go to Clonmel/kilshelan join traffic coming from west going to gate 5..but pass gate 5 onto gate 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Are you staying in Boutique? What is the closest car park/gate to head for?

And is gate 4 car park the closest to general camping trek wise?

• Advertisement

Seems to be, but is it worth spending longer in the car to get around to that gate to spare 5 mins extra walk.... Play it by ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gkhant

We came in through gate 4, and I think that's the nearest to general and boutique. We parked up and the main entrance was about 300m away. General camping was pretty neat, depending on where you want to head for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Presume you arrived at gate 4 coming from Cork? Roughly how far from the main entrance to boutique camping? Distance or time taken

Is it much of a walk from general to boutique?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Coz

Is that horrendous gravel Hill from the car park up to wristbands from the last time gone???

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

The belonging bandstand area is open. If anyone wants to get away from the tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 CorkScot

Great work on the recon lads. Thanks for all the tips. Looking forward to hearing down tomorrow. Enjoy tonight!

I think it's gone but sounds like the the other. hill on the way to what's now the boutique camping is still there.

In 2019 is was it was in the walk between the 2 campsites

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Carlow Weather Latest forecast for ATNfestival in Portlaw over the next few days.

A risk of some showers especially at night but generally dry and cloudy. Mild and humid too with mild nights so need for the extra sleeping bag.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Advertisement