Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Niall145

South of the English Channel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Another anticyclonic gloom day across S Laois, but the plus for me is no breeze. I'd take this over a sunny+windy day.

Temperatures more or less hit the same 17c to 18c range again today, really on the poor side for July.

Tried to rain but nothing came of it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Very cool overcast morning in Kerry, went to work and found it hard to warm up and to take my jacket off so much so by lunch time I was getting concerned I had Covid and did a test ! No covid just the older building I was in had really cooled down recently. Did get up to around 18C for a short time with a few drops before falling away again, nice bright night though so will excuse the cooler evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

I'd say this Summer is still a work in progress and it's been quite dry. Rainfall is below normal in all the country. Wind has died down somewhat in July and temperatures have improved but its been one of the dullest Summers in the West and North for many years. Dunno if sun shining through white cloud counts as sun when you can barely make out your shadow. There will not be the usual August washout in 2022 methinks. Maybe normal rain at worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭WJL

Despite the peak mean temperatures being recorded in the 3rd week of July I always feel August can deliver sun and heat.

August 1995 had a mean temperature of 18.9c in Kilkenny Station. That's the warmest month recorded here isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Another cloud filled morning.

Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

lovely day in Navan today, nice to see the blue skies again....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Not a bad morning in Kildare with good sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Very overcast in Dublin…

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Blue skies in Sligo. Leitrim must be getting a raw deal Rio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Finding something very annoying about the Met Éireann app on iPhone - why doesn’t it have the latest reports option on it?

Cloud breaking up over Dublin. Makes a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

Same on a normal/Android phone, not just Apples - it's annoying that I have to go to the website just for that.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

It's down a bit of a rabbit hole on the phone! Bit of navigation to find it and I ended up bookmarking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Glorious in North donegal for most of the day so far.

As a famous man once sang, "if only it could be like this all the time".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Lovely day in Galway and heat in that sunshine.

I'd take a July like this every single year.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I can't remember seeing the sun or feeling its heat since our well publicised heat wave.

Wore a fleece in work yesterday.

Will I get a long enough dry spell next week to finish off a polytunnel?

Need 2 days and am stuck with the kids at sea swimming lessons all week. 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

The cloud broke this afternoon and its been a glorious afternoon. Sunny intervals with cloud but I'll take it.

I actually took the jumper off this afternoon. (Shocking, I know)

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ozvaldo

grey dark misty pish cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

A large contrast in soil moisture deficits across the country. The map below applies to moderate drainage. 6mm SMD at Malin Head and 20mm at Belmullet, meanwhile up to 80mm at Dublin Airport. Interestingly, the only time Dublin Airport has had a higher SMD since 1979 is June/July 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Lovely and warm here in Leitrim (carrick) 21c sun is out, some clouds are around but hey beats the rain anyday

• Registered Users Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭fits

Spent the afternoon on the beach in Kerry. It was lovely and warm. Water very pleasant too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Beautiful day in Sligo

Two beaches and two swims

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

What a beautiful day on Achill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Lovely sunny morning and early afternoon here and got up to 20c but it slowly but surely clouded over and ended up grey and overcast like yesterday and countless other days this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭WJL

That soil moisture graph in summer is becoming a bit of a norm since 2016. I think of mid August 2018 especially and the contrast north west and west to south east.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭BagofWeed

Cork city cloudy as usual for most of the day. Was cold enough out walking last night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Beaut of a morning in Cork 🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Another beautiful looking morning in North Donegal.

Advertisement