Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I know his loan is up but he's also put of contact anyway isn't he so there may be scope to do a short term deal which allows him to try secure a longer term deal in England but tbh it only really makes sense from Waterford's side not his.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Great to see us performing so well and lets hope we get something from Fridays game against Galway. You never know the playoffs can spring up so many surprises (as we found out last year).

Louis Britton loan has ended and going back to Bristol City, big well done to him scoring 10 goals in 17 appearances

Not Waterford related but this guy does really interesting videos and he is coming back to Ireland and no doubt Waterford should get a visit

Louis Britton and Kevin Joshua both officially left the club. That's a big hole to plug up front particularly, wish him all the best.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Cork have announced they've signed Britton... bit of a disaster for us, not only losing him but to Cork too which strengthens them for the rest of the season.

Ah Jesus Christ, I'm disgusted.

Also, I retract my best wishes to him. Hope he has an awful time obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Bit of a stinker. Surprised that he was attracting interest at League 1 level but ended up in the Irish First Division - I wonder if Cork are offering silly money again?

I think Cork have that top spot nailed down in any event, Waterford are set up for a playoff spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭skaface

Piss poor tonight..

Not surprising though. Britton was a very important part of the team and the blow of him not only going but going to a direct rival has to impact the squad. Compounded by the replacement being nowhere near up to scratch unfortunately and what looks like (to me on a snap judgement from his first couple of games and comments) a manager who may not be the best fit for the squad it doesn't make good reading.

Would be nice to see the gap up top plugged so that we don't get derailed again, still plenty of quality in the squad for the division but a big challenge has just gotten even bigger now by losing that 6 pointer. Hopefully the new lad can hit the ground running.

Post edited by StringerBell on

So far a new low for the club 2-0 down at home to Wexford

Even though Wexford are improving its still very disappointing

Big 25 mins ahead

• Advertisement

Piss poor again

All gone to **** very quickly alright.

The first impression of the new manager wasn't good and it hasn't improved as of yet but I really do think losing Britton has been huge.

That will be that anyway, another year in the first division beckons and the likes of Patterson will be off, he is better than this level.

Add to that we have no idea who will even own the club next year in all honesty and it's just more of the same for this dysfunctional club. Will still be there but it's a depressing venture supporting this club.

I wouldn't get too stressed about it. Waterford will be in the playoffs unless the wheels come off the thing completely.

Better to have a bit of a dip in form now than later in October/November when the playoffs will be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Muttley79

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Irish Examiner! Always been a fair and balanced source of opinion on all things Waterford.

I’m saying the Cork/Irish Examiner does not apply the same level of analysis, probing and frankly insults to Cork as it does to Waterford. Writing things like “Now if that old banger was say, Waterford FC” is a case in point.

great win tonight but how bad are Cobh ?

Galway and Cork drawing is not the worst result for us but still a long way for us to catch up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭JourneyMan8

this is quite funny, surprised nobody has corrected you yet.... that's an ex hurling manager not the writer of the article.

and also not sure what about the article upset people, perfectly fair, even suggests that in business terms its a fair price?

Thanks for posting this article. I learned something in terms of how a value might be placed on a club.

I think the figure that's apparently been placed on Waterford is way off myself, particularly given the lack of fixed assets and money owed to creditors. Some of the figures regarding goodwill and potential future earnings are very ambitious to put it mildly.

However, Brexit has offered a huge opportunity for LOI clubs in terms of youth development. Given the number of internationals coming through from the region, a club like Waterford should be well placed to generate a sustainable business model based on youth development if they have their house in order.

Post edited by hardybuck on

• Advertisement

If I am wrong I am wrong. But pretty sure it is the Anthony Daly that wrote the article. If you click on the author in the article it is same Anthony Daly in the Google search I posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭JourneyMan8

nope, Ian Mallon wrote the article, as it says on the article, and he specializes in stuff like this. Anthony Daly is a hurling manager and his face is on the side for advertisement or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Disgraceful defending by the blues last night. Shocking goals to concede in the last second but it must be said....the display from the officials really took some beating. It was the worst I can remember and that's saying something considering how bad the officials are in this country. It was never a red, Longford were absolutely filthy and should easily have had one or two sent off. Constant fouling from start to finish. The 4th official spent the whole second half looking for arguements. At one stage even the Longford bench ran to him to plead for him to watch the match instead of argueing with the blues bench. Decent crowd last night but now we basically have glorified friendlies for the rest of the season now until the play offs excluding the FAI Cup.

Hopefully they can get their house in order in time for the Play Offs.. If we can't get back up this season we're in big trouble.. Problem is we have too many passengers on and off the field..

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Deiselurker

Frustrating night last night between losing to a last gasp goal and again from a set piece, the dreadful refereeing and another delay to the start of the 2nd half because of floodlights not coming on.

It's a break from the league next week with the FAI Cup game away to St Patricks Athletic on Sunday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I see we have signed Cian Kavanagh from you.

Any comments on him as a footballer? Good prospect?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

I would say he has potential, good man to lead the line, kinda reminded me of Mikey O'Connor when he was here. Could have done with more gametime last year but fell out with the manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭decies

So rumours of new owners soon then !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Has potential but doesn't lead a athletes life shall we say.

Advertisement