Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Lads lets be fair here, nobody on here has said a single thing that isn't fair on Nunez

People have just commented on his minutes so far & all have said its very early days & or mentioned it's preseason ,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

You're being a tad dramatic to put it mildly.

Nunez hasn't looked great in pre season, that's all anyone has said. Can we not comment on anyones form pre season or is it positives only?

I've seen people praising Carvalho for looking decent pre season, maybe that should be met with ire too, how dare anyone judge him in meaningless pre season games huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm not going at ya but you said "have we been sold a pup?" Why even make that comment, some of our best players have taken time to get up to speed with Klopp's style, if he's struggling after 10 league games I still won't be questioning the signing and Klopp won't be panicking either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

The next line said 'extremely early days of course' that was to sort of stop people jumping all over and getting upset about the comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Four goals in 150 minutes while playing with mostly different players in all appearances in a new team and system. Not to bad in all reality.

He hasn't looked any worse than most of the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

He'll be grand. Too bloody early to be getting knickers twisted ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Good to know one can get away with saying pretty much any nonsense as long we append it with “but it’s early days” at the end.

I’ll definitely be using that neat little trick in future. 👍️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,091 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The players probably had training before that match last night, I wouldn't be getting to carried away by anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Lads writing off Nunez and he hasn't even kicked a ball in a competitive match as of yet, wild...

Italian journos saying a 22m bid for Bobby has gone in...

I don't think Klopp will let him go this year though, we are too short, maybe next year on a free...

Good news Pearce has poured cold water on the Firminho links via the Athletic, see link...

I’m not clicking on any shortened links in here anymore, because 99% of the time it’s going to be that Kate Cohen article.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Allison ruled out of the community shield, Kelleher is still injured so Adrian starts in goal.

I really want to win it and hope that Adrian brings he's previous curtain raiser luck to this one.

My brain literally can't understand how a goal keeper like Adrian is at our club,

I just don't get at all,

Was it 2 years ago United 4th choice was Lee Grant ,now there 3rd choice Heaton both miles better than Adrian ,

Infact i don't rate Kelleher either but that's a different story ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really popular lad in the dressing room. He's 3rd choice and experienced. Never really has to play competitive games - 1 last season, a league cup game against Preston. Alisson was fit but given the night off given what the game was.

Kelleher would play if he was fit.

What really good goalkeeper would accept being 3rd choice? I’d say Adrian is as good as it gets.

I'd imagine anyone brought into the group can become popular, I hate that to be a reason for keeping someone,

When you say experienced you may as well just say old, He hasn't much experience at our level at all, ,Played what 2 season's as West ham as first choice then in & out of the team , has only played 4 European games in his life all for us & never been an international , He also looks absolutely terrified & nervous anytime he has to play a league game or Champions league game for us, When i think of experienced i think someone who can settle and calm those around him that is not Adrian ,

We are far more relaxed when Kelleher starts who has very little experience

Is it just me or do Alisson & Kelleher seem to get injured a fair bit for goal keepers ,

Adrian is an absolute liability , he's just a really poor goal keeper

I don't expect a really good goal keeper but I'm sure there is plenty of steady keeper's at his age out there,

Adrian to me is a goal keeper i expect to make unforced errors,

I'm sorry lads but nobody will convince me we couldn't do a lot better than Adrian as 3rd choice,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Third choice keepers are always crap, look at City's second choice last year, now there's a liability. It's a non issue of a position. No one will try convince you he's good or that he we can't get better, he's not good but he's third choice so no one cares, including the club, rightly.

It's one of them sites to remove the paywall....

What was the article again?

I do vaguely remember something with her name attached to it but can't remember tbh!

The main thing is Bobby ain't going anywhere according to the boss...

😌

• Advertisement

There is better options, but what is the point in kicking a 3rd choice keeper out of the club, just to bring in another and have to then get him integrated into the group and style of play etc.

The players seem like they have a real close knit bond. It helps them. It's a reason why they have been successful and why they challenged for 4 trophies last season when it looked like it could be 1 or 2 at Christmas time.

Changing the 3rd choice keeper just creates unnecessary change for the sake of it and creates disruptions within the group just for the off chance that they have to play 1 game in the season.

Definitely not a priority signing for me this summer.

Jesus H Christ

I completely wiped that one from my brain...

Almost as good as this gem 👀

I agree its not a priority not even close but i still can't believe he is still here especially given how good we are theses days

Funny you mention integrated into our playing style , because there is no way I'm the only fan that screams don't pass it back to Adrian when he does play for me the lad's nervous are down to the fact he is in no way suited to our style , As of October 2020, Adrián had made five errors directly leading to goals in his 21 appearances for Liverpool , 1 every 4 games ,

Also it wasn't a case of kicking him out his contract was up at the start of last season and we gave him a new one,

Yes he will stay this season & hopefully does well but still baffles me that he is here,

They will play a behind closed door friendly against Villa the day after the first league game of the season Fulham game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Enzokk

There are already some questions on why is Kelleher staying when he should be thinking about moving to get more 1st team football if he wants to be considered for Ireland. You did say you didn't fancy him so you may think it would be okay to lose him but the fact is if you have a good 2nd choice keeper you will get questions on why that player is in your squad and not looking for 1st team football. There must be something wrong with him to stay and not to play if he is good enough to start elsewhere.

So you have players not as good and willing to stay, or you have brilliant players who will have questionable desire as they are just happy to be bench warmers. Either way you are going to have doubts from some quarters. Adrian is probably the best you can hope for as 3rd choice in reality. I mean he is no worse than the 2nd choice at City last year and he was not our 2nd choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

I don't think Nunez will start big games for a couple of months unless Bobby and Jota get injured. Controversial opinion but I think Jota may end up with more minutes up top and more goals than both of the others, come the end of the season. He will take Darwin's awards unless the big fella settles quickly when he's eventually thrown into the team.

It's great to have options and I'd hate to see Bobby shipped out. Salah and Diaz are more potent with him up top and Jota is such a lovely finisher, fantastic options really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Bobby is more valuable to us than a 20m transfer fee, would like to keep him for this year.

Controversial opinion but I think Jota may end up with more minutes up top and more goals than both of the others

Considering Jota finished last season with 21 goals and wasn't a first name on the team sheet I wouldn't say it was controversial at all to say he will finish with more minutes and goals than Bobby or Nunez unless Nunez hits the ground crazy fast and starts banging in the goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah, I'd expect Diaz - Jota - Mo to be the first choice for at least the first half season, if Jota comes back from his injury soon.

I heard Kelleher wants to stay one more season because he had such a late start as a goal keeper he himself thinks he will benefit from one more season learning at Liverpool before taking the step to be a number 1 at a lesser club, with lesser players and coaches to learn from,

One think about Kelleher is he is very mature & calm in everything he does,

Personally I think he lack the athleticism to be a top top keeper but will carve out a good career,

He has to pick his next club wisely and go to a ball playing team, right now strangley enough shot stopping is probably his weakest tool

• Advertisement

A bit mad at the charity shield is tomorrow only feels like only last week that last season finished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Yeah, its was such an intense season last year I was enjoying the break...gotta get ready to go again now. Schedule will now be dictated by when we are on the TV. Herself will be only too delighted 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

what, Klopp rates Kelleher extremely high. Are you trying to tell us you know something he doesn't???

What's Klopp supposed to say? Of course he will big him up & tone fair Kelleher had plenty of potential ,

He will have a good career but i don't think he will ever be a number 1 for a top 8 club, which doesn't mean he is bad,

I just don't rate him as highly as some do, I think he's 3rd choice Ireland keeper,

His shot stopping needs a lot of work and is the weakest part of his game

Remember he started late for a keeper so he can of course improve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

To be fair I take Klopp on his merit when it comes to things like this as its not in his style to do otherwise. He wouldn't have started him in a cup final if he didn't think he was up to it...I just find it funny that you seem to always have flaws for many members of the squad as if you know more than the people that are involved with these players on a daily basis!

Gomez has gotten a new shirt number he will now wear the number 2.

As a gesture to those who have already purchased through official club stores a 2022-23 replica shirt printed with ‘Gomez 12’, Joe will personally reimburse fans by way of a like-for-like exchange for a ‘Gomez 2’ jersey.

It will be nice to watch the game tomorrow on ITV and not have search around the world for it.

Every player has flaws & the staff at Liverpool know that to, no point in pretending everyone is perfect,

There's actually only 2 players in the squad id get rid of this summer and that's Ox & Adrian but I understand why we haven't

Id loan out Jones he needs to play week in week out i dont think he will for us,

Im also well aware Klopp & Co know more then me in fact they have forgotten more than I'll ever know but we can all still have opinions

This is great news the WSL Merseyside derby in Septemeber will be played at Anfield this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

I could well be wrong here, but I suspect he'll just have to pay to swap his family members jerseys. Can't see too many people putting Gomez on the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Liverpool League Games for the first 3 months of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭chasm

Is there a possibility of the Brighton match being moved? Im heading over for that game, but afraid to buy flights in case it's moved - I think some CL games are on around the 4th/5th October?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I would say that since it wasn't picked for UK TV then there is nothing to effect the game going by the Premier league website it is only the Manchester derby that can move depending on when City play in the Champions league the following midweek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Ok, you say there's only two players you'd get rid of, Ox and Adrian, literal non entities when it comes to the first team but you also said we're a midfielder and forward short the other day. How big do you want the squad to be?

Looking at City, I see they have lost Laporte for the first month of the season. Squad comparison below, positions taken from both team's sites

TAA, Ramsay, VVD, Konate, Matip, Gomez, Robertson, Tsimikas vs Walker, Dias, Stones, Laporte, Ake, Cancelo

Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Keita, Jones, Elliott, Milner, Ox vs Rodri, Phillips, KDB, Silva, Foden, Grealish, Gundogan, Palmer

Salah, Diaz, Jota, Nunez, Firmino, Carvalho vs Haaland, Mahrez, Alvarez

I make us stronger in both defence and attack with them stronger in midfield. In my opinion they need at least two if not three more players added to their squad as they now only have 16 of the above fit. If you think we're light, how many players do they need? Six? Seven?

That's 22 vs 17 outfield players. With a full squad they will be having kids on the bench, we'll be leaving the likes of Ox and Adrian back in their homes. Unless they go and spend and get 2-3 players in, along with their whole squad (minus three) going to the world cup versus us, having more than a dozen missing it, we're winning the league this year. I have no doubts about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Tommysocks11

New season and still peeved off over champions league final defeat, that was most certainly one that got away, we would beat Madrid 99 times out of 100.....damn damn damn

Behind a paywall, but LFC under pressure to drop SC as shirt sponsor due to SC support for China’s changes in Hong Kong.

Liverpool FC have declined to comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

A better time to protest would’ve perhaps been before the club signed a new long term contract with them.. be hard to get out of it now without SC having done anything recent that could justify termination…

SC have always been a rubbish company to be sponsored by though, with money laundering, and illegal deals with Iran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Well that's Ox injured again. Described as a 'serious' hamstring injury. He just can't stay fit. Safe to say he'll no longer be in any of klopps plans.

• Advertisement

I noticed they posted that fairly late last night on the socials as I was going to bed, trying to keep fan ire down I wonder?

Ox has been crocked a while now, no wonder we didn't get any offers for him during the summer...

Advertisement