Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Interesting, things didn't exactly work out very well for hhh or nxt when they went up against Khan and AEW previously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Re: Gresham.

So it's said he had a heated meeting before the show, unhappy about the booking and direction of his character, and asked for his release.

You know what that sounds like? He was asked to do the job and wasn't happy. Threw a hissy fit. Winning and losing is all apart of wrestling there, Jonathan.

To be honest, let us all call a spade a spade. Gresham is not bad but he is 5ft nothing. Be it right or wrong but the major promotions like wwe or aew are not gonna make someone who is 5ft4 the "guy".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Pentecost

He seems like a pain in the ass to deal with. I've only seem him a few times but he's far from irreplaceable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,193 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Tony shouldn't have signed him until he had a clear plan for RoH in place. Like with the reports that he planned on building it around Cesaro, he should've talked about it with Gresham then.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There is talks surfacing on Twitter that during the heated argument Khan used a racial slur against Gresham and that was he reason for asking for an immediate release from ROH/AEW.

• Advertisement

Will Steph have to fire Hunter if the ratings do not increase and his creative does not work out that could be an interesting dinner table conversation.

Maybe she will leave it to Nick Khan to be the bad guy and sack her husband.

Are you going to link those tweets so the rest of can see them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sure just subscribe to my Patreon or search for it on Twitter.

Great to see a moderator on Boards.ie throw out allegations without linking any substantial proof that those allegations are valid that's quiet the standard Boards have for there moderators these days.

I'll probably be banned now and this post will be deleted as the moderators go to work defending there own.

Its a news and rumours thread. I threw out a rumour surfacing on Twitter that can easily be found if you search for It.

If you have a problem with the post report it. No point giving out about it and derailing the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mod hat on, For quick clarification….

loughC ain’t a wrestling mod, so his mod status really doesn’t mean much here tbh.

Secondly, he clearly phrased it as being a Twitter rumour. It’s hardly an outright accusation, and if we ban all Twitter rumours, we may as well close 90% of the threads on here.

And thirdly, as he said, report posts you don’t like, or Pm mods if you want, but childish “I’ll probably be banned now…” posts add nothing to the discussion. Especially when Calling out someone for further proof isn’t a modable offence at all though, once it’s done civilly. So the post just comes across needlessly antagonistically. No idea why you’d think you’d get banned for it though. Calm down, and keep discussions civil.

Anyway, back to the discussion at hand…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Can't see anything on Twitter from any even half reliable source claiming that Tony used a racial slur against Gresham. Considering how easily some people seem to be triggered by anything Khan does you'd have thought there'd be more being made about this claim by now if it was true!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Not a hope I believe that but wouldn't be surprised if that's what the narrative becomes.

yeah I don’t believe it myself but that’s Twitter for you. Big Swole getting dragged into it as well.

Does Pac have visa issues at the moment does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,199 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I love the hustle. Would be amazing if they were hired back and then "Oopsy, pregnant again..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,778 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Other than the Flair match that card looks very fun.

Ren Narita vs. Yuya Uemura

Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs. Killer Kross

The Von Erichs (Marshall Von Erich and Ross Von Erich) vs. The Briscoes (Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe)

The Wolves (Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards) vs. The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin)

Rock 'n' Roll Express (Kerry Morton and Ricky Morton) vs. The Four Horsemen (Brian Pillman Jr. and Brock Anderson)

Alan Angels vs. Jonathan Gresham vs. Konosuke Takeshita vs. Nick Wayne

Bandido vs. Laredo Kid vs. Rey Fénix vs. Taurus

Impact Knockouts World Championship Match: Jordynne Grace (c) vs. Deonna Purrazzo vs. Rachael Ellering

Impact World Championship Match: Josh Alexander (c) vs. Jacob Fatu

Ric Flair's Retirement Match: Ric Flair and Andrade El Idolo vs. Jay Lethal and Jeff Jarrett

If I was a wrestler now with either comapny or independent I wouldn't be signing a long term contract with either comapny I would sign nothing longer than 3 years and keep my options open when a renewal comes up and see what the other side offers.

The one thing I don't see changing in the WWE even after Vince being forced out is the yearly talent cuts Steph will still want massive profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭ThePott

If the production of the Roast of Ric Flair is anything to by it might be a trainwreck production wise.

Watching some of it now and so far, awkward camera cuts sometimes before the camera is in place or it cuts to black randomly. They keep changing the active microphones so the levels are all over the place, it's a mess. Half the time you can hear the audience more than the roasters.

Assuming it'll be better for the actual show.

Respectfully Coulson, I would have to disagree.

In reality, a wrestler could spend three years in developmental and even NXT. Many have. Many came out with not much stock to their name afterwards.

Only a fool would turn down a 5 year or 10 year contract if offered. Means the company is banking on you. You won't be a jobber.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭ThePott

I think as time has proven half these contracts aren't worth the paper they're printed on anyway.

Will it still be 5 years if someone asks for a release? Or if they suddenly see no value in them?

• Advertisement

An absolute fair point. Biggest example being Bret Hart signing a 20 year deal in 1996 only to leave 1 year later.

Thing is, being in that moment, being offered such a long contract - which would only ever be offered with a big fat dollar sign - you would have to sign.

Only a fool wouldn't.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm glad he survived it.

Please let it be genuinely his last match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

There’s no doubt it will be his last match.

He was soooo immobile. 1mph throughout the whole event. At times it looked like Jarrett and Lethel were “playing wrestling” with a toddler. I expected it to be a dud but was surprised just how grim it was.

I’ve said it a thousand times. His Mania send off with Shawn was one of the most perfect wrestling moments ever. I was probably to be expected but the last match “circus” utterly sullies it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,193 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How much did he bleed? Going by the above posts, his hair is less red than usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,545 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It seems he passed out during the match

I've just watched the PPV and by far the Lucha libre match was the best match.

Not a great PPV with some very short matches and dreadful finishes e.g Alexander match

And that Main Event, there's something in wrestling that shouldn't be allowed and that's a 73 yr old who looks to be in 100s wrestling and taking bumps. It was a dreadful main event.

What I find bewildering what happened to that Ric Flair that we saw in the training video packages with Lethal, if that Flair showed up it would be completely different but what we saw during the main event was appalling

At stages I just felt so sorry for him, I pitied Ric.

AJ Mendez's WOW starts on September 17th and replaces ROH on Sinclair among other syndication channels.

So Flair had to have one more fight after his final match last week.

He went down to Puerto Rico to throw hands at Carlos Colon who is 74 himself to Flairs 73.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,924 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Flair will wrestle again. Hes like an old boxer who cant walk away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Divorces are expensive. Let alone 5 of them or whatever

Advertisement