Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

Thank you for the kind words y'all.

Just after a lovely mug of tae and buttery toast here.

Hope you all have a nice Saturday where ere you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

I've had many pets over the years and I've loved each one so much.

I used to think that each one took a chunk of my heart with them when they die and I'd be afraid to take on another, afraid to inevitably go through the pain of loss again.

But the joy of their lives and their love just about outweighs the pain, and in defiance of medical science my heart seems to be able to grow back!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

The cat we have now came with his brother from Offaly. We were told they were females but they both turned out to be males.

The were BIFFOs. Big Ignorant felines from Offaly. 😄

One was killed on the road. We all were distraught after that here. Tears all over the shop. The other cat even still cries for him down behind the chair where they used to attack each other.

You miss your cats and dogs terribly when they are gone. They are the most optimistic, grounding, heart warming things. We are crazy **** destructive chimps in comparison.

How are you now Grem, did you get home ok?

Still in the leaba here, miserable morning, heading out for lunch later, trying to find the energy to get washed and dressed..the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Taking a summer break from boards again.

Have a nice August people. And be kind to yourselves and others.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Very humid and warm last night....was very difficult to get good deep sleep. Ended up tuning I to DJ Funkybeak fir his wonderful Friday night set at 2.00am

Now outside Tata St. DART Station, waiting on a friend as we travel out to Fairview Park to take part in a Kate Bush celebration dance flash mob event. 😎 💃 💃 🎶 😁😁

Very tired but up for this. Have a good Bank Holiday weekend, Wherers! 😎🥰👍👍🌈

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@[Deleted User] I'm ok but no sleep happening yet at least. Nerve is pinching and zapping away goodo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Kate Bush celebration dance sounds fugging amazing! Wish I was joining you. Hope it gets posted somewhere I can watch it. Don't forget to give it loads. Kate used her whole body as a form of artistic expression- her voice, her body, her facial expressions and her eyes. I expect to be able to spot the Kid gurning and flailing like his life depends on it.

I'm currently ironing a frock with my incredibly heavy new iron. Gonna see Grumpy today for the first time in three weeks. He's been transferred to a Community Hospital for convalescence and rehabilitation, where I can visit him for 30mins twice a week by appointment. I'm both relieved to be seeing him again and incredibly anxious about what I'll find when I get there. And yes, he kicked Covid in the nuts. It's incredibly important to be a stubborn old fart in our later years, it seems. I think most of us on here should do alright in that regard....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

How can you say NO to this face :)

@bones, sorry to hear about your cat. Hang in there.

• Advertisement

@Sardonicat 30 mins x2, why is it so restrictive ?

@smurfjed

Covid. The people in their are very vulnerable and they are there for intensive physio & OT. If the rehab staff are out with Covid the whole point of the place is moot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭gifted

On the couch in the sitting room......having a rant in my head at how much the cost of the grocery shopping has gone up......its bloody ridiculous at this stage.....fridge is empty every time I open it even though we spend a few hundred on groceries 😭😭😭😭

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'm finding you really need to stockpile when special offers are on.

I know not everyone can do that but it does work out in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,921 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

@Princess Calla , I do that too . Started stockpiling non perishables,a few each week, with very long life dates back in Jan/Feb . Then filled the freezer bit by bit too , makes it a little bit easier with the price of everything going up .

Sitting in the greenhouse with a mug of coffee and a book. Raining away here for the last few hours , but it's very humid still.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Breakfast cereals are a big one for me....the ones the kids like are seriously the most expensive (Kellogg's multigrain shapes) so when they are on offer a few boxes go in, even if it means sacrificing something else. I shop in dunnes so I've the 10 off 50 spend vouchers... usually 2. So once I hit the 100 we're done.

I'd love a greenhouse or conservatory.....garden too small though.....joys of living in Dublin...postage stamp gardens

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Work trundle, feeling decidedly sub par. Very humid too as Mam mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Bones, I'm very sorry to hear about your cat. I've buried many dogs and cats and it's like losing a family member. I get you totally.

When I was in 5th year our beloved dog died, we had her about 13 years. I wrote out a eulogy for her to say when we buried her in the lawn. I was in convulsions crying.

Other pets didn't hit me as hard but I'll always remember that day. And the farmers in the field across the road craning their necks at my "funeral" 😄 but I didn't care.

CJ, Pat McDonagh of Supermacs has article this week about stockpiling long life foods for the winter in case of shortages coming 😔

I was in Dunnes today and got a decent shop for €72. I checked the end of every aisle for bargains and I planned all my work lunches in my head for next week and what we're eating over the bank holiday.

I got some household items too, again looking at what was on offer.

I was scalded I had no €10 voucher though but I got one for next day.

Grem,I hope your back has improved this evening.

It's lashing here, absolutely flogging rain. Sky on ground.

It's going to be a depressing August 😕 unless it picks up.

PS, Duvet. I admire that you often seem to have stuff to go to. You seem to have a nice work/home balance. Keep it lit!

Finally, Sardonicat things sound much improved for your dad. I always think old people have very strong hearts and will and it's most of the battle when they get knocked down.

To thine own self be true

@Purple Mountain What a thoughtful post, i forget what i'm going to say all the time.. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I disagree totally with this.

It also did not need to be said when someone is heartbroken over their pet. Sorry for your loss Ilovethebonesofyou.

I don't see my dog as "an animal that can be replaced". He is a family member to me and has got me through some tough times.

My friend lost his Dad and his dog of 19 years in the same year. He said the grief was surprisingly similar. He said in some ways it was harder with the dog because the dog was the last link to his Dad (he remembers them both on the Farm Tractor happy out) and because he was the person actually making the decision to put the dog to sleep.

Treat them as family, or don't get them at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Evening all, we have a take away delivery ordered from our favourite restaurant, currently sampling a nice glass of red wine in anticipation of the meal ahead, very humid here also all evening but raining also, a real Irish summer evening.

On to second mug of tae already, feckin nerves, stretching exercises in office, getting a few odd looks but not many pass by here thankfully 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Garlic chips and watching F1 qualifying, my heaven 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

You can move Alfie 😂😂😂

Father of the bride is my next film I’m going to watch, Frank 😂😂

You're welcome 🤭😆

• Registered Users Posts: 21,921 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Agree with you too .

Our little Westie died last November, three days after my Mother's Anniversary. She used to love our dog , and the dog loved her . We've been offered dogs since , but tbh Son here says no , that he honestly hasn't gotten over our dog dying, he still expects to see her in the house.

@[Deleted User] , you're not alone.

Watching the incomparable Kate Bush on the Beeb, wondering how the Kid got on at the flash mob.

Grumpy doing 'ok'. He knew me but he's much more confused now. It was lovely to see him and give him a hug and kiss and tell him I love him.

On the subject of beloved pets, my hoard of moggies are emigrating to Scotland in a few weeks. I just can't look after them properly anymore because Dad's needs are so time consuming. I'm heartbroken, but it's for the best. They will be deeply loved and treated like furry Royals at their new home but my heart is very sore over it.

Sardi that is one tough call.. I'm sure you will be able to keep up with them?.

• Advertisement

Advertisement