Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

Glad it's been muck for everyone in a weird way. Ours is finally live this week and the output has been muck. But so has weather. Was spooked to tell my other half we hadn't hit on the 'perpetual free energy system' I'd promised her from the bank loan we took out :)

Though on the flip side I'm amazed a day as crap as today (in Dublin at least) still gave 8.5kwh on our 4.9kwp setup (E, S, W split). Raining for maybe half the hours of sunlight. Now I know where the bottom of the barrel is for a wet July day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Tell me about it...

I've been convincing myself that my new 6kW inverter is somehow less efficient because the numbers have been crap since it went in. So it's a comfort that everyone else is having a crappy time too lol.

Seems hard to believe that I managed 50kWh in a day in early June.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

May has been my best month for the 2 yrs I've been running, after June well, it might as well be winter 😂

In 2021 July actually beat June by about 20kWh, so roughly the same daily average but with an extra day in July.

This year June had 809kWh and dropped to 610kWh for July.

Looking forward to May 2023 to see how I get on with the bigger system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭THE ALM

8kWh after a rotten day and the worst for a considerable time, just about got the battery charged. Haven't seen much of the sun for the height of summer...

On the plus side batteries are on the high seas so should be hitting Dublin port by the end is August, delayed 4-6 weeks for various reasons like everything these days. No wonder those in the install game are waiting so long to get stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

This Summer well down on last Summer, 12% less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Today surpassed June by 5+ but down 30 from May. 6.5 tipp ew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

Despite all the gloom about how much solar pv is pumping out rn, i'm still delighted to see that even in the middle of a horrible day, I will still have enough to keep the house off the grid for most if not all daylight hours. That is not a bad thing.

Today started well but descended into this by lunchtime...

!

Generation dropped as low as 300w but recovered a bit, to around 600w.

Battery currently at 70%, I'll probably just about make it to morning without import.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Today started off quite poorly but picked up in the afternoon, ended with 26.5kwh

Due to the poor weather the other day the battery was at 20% in the morning and just about managed to get it to 100%

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

As SD said, turned out to be an unexpectedly day. EV was down to 3% after a long journey yesterday. So put in 10kWh from grid as a precaution. Could have done without has i known weather was to be so nice; managed to divert 10.45kWh of sunshine today.

Ah well. The grid was relatively green at the time and it only cost me 70c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

13.6kw today, 10 exported. could have been better if I was at home.

can anyone recommend a wifi smart plug? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭con747

I have Sonoff plugs and Meross plugs and bulbs both are ok but can be buggy after power cuts. Whichever you go with stick to the same brand, makes it much easier.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭silver_sky

I've a TP Link Kasa KP115 and very good. You can set it for local use only, and there's also an integration in homeassistant. I've used the same one for everything from alerts on the coffee maker to automating a lamp, and now using it to monitor the mechanical ventilation system power. I need to buy a few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭silver_sky

I charged the battery from grid to 80% last night as it was down near 20% at midnight. I was expecting a similar-ish poor day today. End result was 22.7kWh generated with 83% self use. Eddi took 5kWh and Zappi managed about 9.5kWh.

Temperature worked out OK also, I think the breeze may have helped so no apparent derating. Generation peaked at about 4.9kWp on what is a 4.46kWp system.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Can recommend the Kasa KP105/115s also, but alas they are no longer being produced in UK socket variants any more in favour of the inferior Tapo line. For that reason, I'd go with @con747's recommendation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

thanks for recommendations on smart plugs.

Finally.... a decent day for me to post my 1st good output. 20.7kwh on 4.9kwp (E, S,W). Dublin 12. Tis live 1 week now.

Having 3 roof orientations gives us a good spread from early to late. But with that we rarely get high kw output (which is fine as don't need it). Have optimisers on 5 panels that get shaded and seeing huge differences in output at (rare times). So they do seem to be helping. More on that again when I have more data on them.

Most going back to grid and still at ladybird stage learning how to consume when available. No automation yet but will in time for sure. The backwards spinning meter means that's all good thougb while I learn :)

Little we can use to mop it up when EV not in the driveway. Our house runs on maybe 200 or 300 watts for a lot of the day. Don't wanna start using tumble dryer (don't need in summer) or stuff just to use units.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

12 generated yesterday - and today was a whopping 25.3. At one stage I myenergi was showing something like 5kw being generated - from a 4.4kwp system with 2 x 3kw inverters.

despite having the dhw sorted and 2 x loads of washing, some drying and the lunch ... I still exported 14.5 kwh to the grid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Bakka

The last couple of days have been brutal for generation. Today was a great day. 52Kwh in sunny Galway. 9.1 ground mount system.

Jaysus @Bakka, I thought my new 4.9kwp system in Dublin was baitin' along today on 22kwh. I was nearly telling random strangers about the power of solar. Now I shall cover my solar panels with my very own shame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Bakka

Ha Ha. The ground mounted system catches the sun most of the day. I'm lucky that I have the space for it. You still had a good output for the system you have. With the way electricity prices are going through the roof, we'll be both grateful for every single kwh generated. Solar panel systems are also going through the roof pricewise. My system is new as well. Only one month live. Just let the sun shine down for us.🌞

17 day units used

92 night units (had to stick 50 in the car the other night)

Expecting about €80 total bill for 2 months and I'm €550 in credit.

I'll enjoy it while it lasts. They've already hiked my prices to 28c day and 16c night which is scandalous but I'm not moving til I've used the credit unless they'll agree to send me a cheque, which I doubt.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

They will refund if you leave, they have to

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭championc

And I assume this is before any FiT credit too ?

I could be in a similar boat - I'm about €230 in credit and with EI and my NC6 is filed at 6kW, and my contract is up in January

3 fine days.

Thursday - 29.7

Friday - 35.2

Saturday - 27.8

Downside is that I exported 17.2kWh of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,639 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

The forecast for next week looks good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Gona be a gud wan today...

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Advertisement