Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just bugs / missing functionality reports - no griping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Editing posts no longer possible?

EDIT (how ironic): it is just the case for the first post in a thread, it seems.

Breadcrumb not showing thread title on desktop any longer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Can't see the top of the homepage using FF on Windows 10. Seems fine on Chrome.

This is as far as I can scroll up.

EDIT: Scratch that one above, it was something to do with ublock origin.

Along with the fact that the dropdown menus still aren't working.

And the breadcrumbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Ad blocker or privacy settings on FF might have effect on page display. Try clear cache also

Other issues site global

If you are on a users profile and click the dropdown (desktop) you'll see the following

Hitting #1 gives you the ignore popup

Hitting #2 takes you to another page which also offers you the option to ignore the user instead of actually showing the users comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

They both work the same in terms of ignore functionality but obviously not ideal if the comments link is taking you to an ignore option

• Registered Users Posts: 29,332 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Has the font changed in the last day or so? I've been on mobile, back on desktop now and it looks different (or maybe I'm just imagining it). Heavier and bolder, somehow?

Still jumping around the place and taking a few judders to load a page properly (despite the ad blocker which meant I had no page-jumping previously).

The top menu's are broken again on desktop and let's not mention the time, might as well wait until October for that to fix itself at this stage am i right? 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

A stopped clock shows the correct time twice a day.

Boards, however, shows the wrong time for months.

What time is it again?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I still can't get some posters fascination with the time being wrong when there's so many more important fixes needed.

I can't get over the fact that it seems like such a simple, basic thing and hasn't been fixed.

It can't involve more than a couple of button pushes, surely? Or a setting change with one or two clicks so that it adjusts automatically like every other website and forum in the universe.....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It shouldn't even need any button pushes if they had set it up properly in the first place. They probably picked the wrong time zone when they setup the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,819 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Never mind every other website and forum in the universe...

Even on other Vanilla forums the time "just works"

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

The problem was boards migrated from vbulletin to it and tried to replicate the same functionality and user experience. Other vanilla sites work because they were just that. I've no idea what fixing the time breaks on boards but I would love to know!!!!!!!It has to break something for it not to have been fixed. I meant to look into the costs at the time of vanilla vs vbulletin 5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I cannot leave a discussion as i keep on getting a notification for it as i did with many

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭Glaceon

The thing which gets to me is that one of the reasons given for getting off vBulletin is that it was too heavily customised. But now we're seeing the same here, Vanilla has been modded to the gills and now the updates break it. If they had to butcher it so much, maybe it wasn't the right solution in the first place.

Ignore list reset again, well done guys keep it up. 💩

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I know it's not this website's fault but you used to be able to click the x in the corner of an ad and then click stop seeing this ad. The ads do not allow that any more. All evening I have been getting ads with men in tight underwear from Under Armour. I do not want to be looking at that at all so I had to ad block the site just so I can stop seeing those ads. Who the hell wants to be looking at men in tight underwear. I wouldn't mind if it was women, very easy on the eye, but men come on.

Better than the full set of dentures, glistening gums and all, which is what finally drove me over the edge to an ad blocker 🙄🤢

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I thought that was just me. Had it happen twice now in the last week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

So I want to acknowledge something major but I’m also afraid of being a jinx if I do so.

well it needs to be said…… or at least asked.

has the bouncing been fixed? I’ve just realised after posting a long one there that it didn’t jump at all for me and scrolling through threads the last couple of days has gone quite well!

fair play to whoever is working on it, that was the big one!

unfortunately I came here though to post about more problems. Actually a problem that has been here for a while now.

when posting pics, the site is changing the orientation to the photos. So a photo taken in landscape mode on my phone seems to be fine. But a photo taken in portrait, while displays properly on my phone, as soon as it uploads to boards, it seems that boards doesn’t like portrait mode so takes it upon itself to spin the photo back to landscape mode which really makes it pointless for posting to boards. Like you can’t even spin your phone around to look at the photo because it the website just spins with the phone. So anyone wanting to look at the photo will just have to live with getting a crick in their neck! Lol

but seriously it’s kinda annoying and really makes it pointless in posting photos that originate in portrait mode

example Here

Another problem is when you are typing a reply to a thread in the comment box like this

i have to skip down a line or 2 so you can see the issue

it happens in a minute

thankfully it’s not jumping though

But the ad is about to get in the way

im using iPhone to post this

Don't know how to multiquote but, my screen is still jumping.

My pics post properly.

Your third post re: the ads is correct and very annoying.

Android 11 here.

That's weird I never had the screen jumping issue and still don't Android 11 also.

I also do not get ads blocking my comment box. I even wrote out a bunch of auto prediction nonsense to fill out the comment box and still no ad blocking my view.

They must have even more problems than they think so.

I'll put in a few random bits in the next linen any you'll see what I mean.

It's happening already actually

• Advertisement

I had to type the last four lines of that post blindly.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement