Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

All positive so far folks. Zero queues in the car or for wristbands getting in, hopefully not too bad for the majority coming tomorrow. About 300m or so (according to stewards!) from car park to entrance. Bit of a trek to the general camping then but mainly downhill. Campsite feels a lot smaller than I was expecting but I haven't been in a hard days night so maybe that is why it seems small!

Loads of space here in this must be the Place. I'm over near the campervans and hoping there is space for the 10+ tents of my group that are due to arrive tomorrow. Security were sound coming in, let me through with around 30 cans and didnt ask too many questions.

Nice crowd, most seem to be taking it handy tonight. Had a nice Guinness from the brewers yard (6.50) and a fine curry chips in the campsite. Hitting the hay early before the mayhem starts tomorrow. Enjoy everyone and safe travels!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Stay away from Carrick. Thats always good advice, but even moreso this weekend. 😛

Head to Kilsheelan , over the bridge, onto Rathgormack, onto Mothel, and straight in to Gate 4/5 (red entrance last time)

Weather is mild, overcast and low cloud over the hills around Portlaw.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭RINO87

Interesting. Route looks more direct than the traffic plan. I may very well trust your local knowledge 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭fillup

Hi

Anybody kind enough to post link to WhatsApp group please

About to hit the road and can't find the blinking thing

Looking for it to keep eye on traffic build up

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

i used it for the first 2 festivals.

While people sat in cars in Carrick for hours , i just drove around it into kilsheelan, and straight in

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dunnie1982

Lovely morning, anyone know how traffic is this morning. The traffic in Carrick is no busier than normal so far, hope to leave home before 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭j.s. pill II

Anyone motorcycling to this thing? Can't see any mention of motorcycle parking on the site. Should I just rely on the crew to direct me to somewhere I can lock up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

For people driving today... Watch out for speed cameras. They will be out in force for the bank holiday weekend.

People have started to arrive. We were surprised by the amount of people here last night, but there is still loads of room.

I think we must have been the first customers for the 2 girls that did our security check. They wanted to check everything! They were even asking to open the cool bag with the beer even though it was strapped to the trolley, just to count the cans.

If you are coming in at E1, the walk around the crew camp is a bit longer than on the map. But once you get past that, you're in. After that, take some time and pick a spot.

The ground is dry, hard and uneven in places. Watch your step and bring a mallet for the tent pegs.

There isn't a huge amount of food stalls in the campsite at the moment, but the main arena will be open soon enough.

Have a ball everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Leaving to drive from Limerick before 11, has anyone done the trek from Gate 5 carpark to Boutique yet, I've no trolley this year so hauling a rucksack, camping chair and cooler box with beers. Need to psyche myself up for the pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 fingers98

How strict are the checks going in this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

What's the deal with Tangerine Fields? Is it just a regular tent pitched for you with an airbed?

I might be making a very last-minute trip down and potentially have a Tangerine Fields ticket. Am reticent to go looking for a tent in town only to arrive at a packed-out campsite so it's potentially a good option as I won't make it there til 5.30 or so (if I go). But was wondering what it is I'd actually be getting. Not very clear from the ATN site.

Enroute now.

Few of my mates who stayed in Waterford last night got in about 10.30 am said very little queuing, bit of a walk but no big f*uck off hill like the last time.

Searches for extra drink going in were a bit heavy handed so stash the gat well.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Tangerine fields is just standard pre-pitched tents in general camping. Don't know what they are charging, but it better not be much.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭antfin

Arrived around 11am. A bit of a walk from the car park to general camping but it was grand. No queues and I may have gotten lucky on the checks but they were busy with someone else so I just strolled passed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

Got it grand, took the backroad to avoid carrick. Came from the west, no issue with traffic. Got some PTSD going through the same road as last time. 😂 Weather good so far and crowd very nice.

Zero traffic, zero queuing to get in, bit of a walk from the car park but no hill. Loads of space in camp site.

Sterling organisation I must say.

Arrived about an hour ago, now can in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Arrived and parked up in campervan site an hour ago. A few diversions around but plenty of signage directing traffic. No traffic issues, enjoy the weekend folks

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭antfin

I did a quick stroll around. The site is really top notch. Crowd seems great too.

It's exactly what I was looking for in '19 when I realized the picnic was getting too big. This year has so far healed all the wounds from the last time. It actually reminds me of the first picnic I was at in 2010, very difficult to replicate that feeling but it's coming damn close so far! Can't wait for King Kong Company later on!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

Can someone tell me why there are no day tickets available? Would love to head down the sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

It’s designed as a weekend camping festival, no real benefit in having day tickets when you can sell the capacity out on weekend tickets.

Given location etc day tickets would cause more organisational stress, would need to be running bus services from midnight to 4am to get the day ticket people offsite back to Waterford.

days tickets were made available to portlaw residents in a draw I understand

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Beans_On

Loads going in toutless btw for cheap if fancy a day. I got one for 100e that can justify the day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Post edited by frozenfrozen on

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭darzog

Nick Cave

Transcendent

that’s it…that’s it

I caught the last half an hour so of him, very intense stuff. The secret saint sister gig in the lawn was very special too. Mary wallopers pulled a great crowd, sing along was great just for the lightheartedness of it. A big day of acts to go. Many cans have been ingested, might take it a bit handier today! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

All over Twitter about some acts having made some anti-trans statements or some such, anyone know what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

I’ve never understood why people go to a music festival and then go to listen to waffle-fests populated by the usual self-righteous blowhards.

Advertisement