Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my team 22/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Salah assist trent goal - a week early ! Foden on bench - the foden trap is still a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Bailey scored again...

Think I'm sold.

I'm tempted to go with double City defence now instead of a defender and mid until we see more of them playing this new system. The midfield is just a minefield but hopefully one of Foden/Mahrez/Grealish will emerge as the best option after a few weeks. Considering starting off with Kane instead of Haaland too but his ownership will be massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Damien360

Thanks very much. Just took him out for Zinchenko.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Might go back to fitting either Kane or haaland in instead of Son and Martial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The Community Shield is after pushing me off Grealish and Diaz and onto the premium defence thing and feeling that bit more confident about Haaland.

Current draft is 5-3-2

Ederson

TAA Robbo Cancelo Perisic Justin

Salah Saka Bailey (Pereira, Dasilva)

Haaland Jesus (Archer)

There are definitely guys in there that I don’t feel tied to. Ederson could become a 4.5 without issue and I think Perisic is a bit punty given the minutes risk (albeit with a very high ceiling).

These are guys that I wanted to sacrifice to beef up the midfield, as I didn’t love the idea of going with only 3 in the middle, but without a complete restructuring of my team (that I otherwise quite like), where is getting rid of Ederson or Perisic for someone a bit cheaper actually going to get me?

The lack of 5.5-7.5 midfielders worth having is a problem to me. I feel like I’d be better served going with the defensive guys who I feel are well primed to score points early and then restructure when some guys in that midfield price bracket inevitably change how we view them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

99% going with this....I think!

Sanchez (Ward)

James TAA Robertson White Cancelo

Salah Saka Neto (Pereria) (DaSilva/4.5)

Kane Jesus (Greenwood)

Will switch Kane to Haaland eventually. I'm aware of the Neto trap and not 100% sold on him but enables a good all round team. Pereria can hopefully come in for backup.

I think the only player I'm very 50/50 on is James. There is a good chance I move James to Perisic. Probably makes sense to wait and see how Chelsea start the season and where James plays. At least with Spurs, we know what to expect from Conte and they should be good at the back.

What do people think, James or Perisic?

Would you consider Ederson and Justin to Ramsdale and a 5m def? Trippier rotates nicely with Pereira when they play City and Pool. Just don't trust Leicester and I think an Arsenal defender is a good shout with their fixtures.

Are you in confident on Bailey as a Villa fan? Only thing worrying me about him are the injury concerns. In saying that, I just realised i recommended Trippier who also has a checkered history with injuries!

I brought in Perisic myself this afternoon after their friendly, he was very attacking by all accounts.

I do like your logic of going heavy on defence to start and then jumping on whatever mid priced mids that emerge.

I wouldn't consider Ederson and Justin to Ramsdale and a 5 mill def to be honest (I'd only do it if I could trust Walker). I feel treble City (picking the right 3 obv) is the way to go with those fixtures.

I've got Jesus, Saka and Martinelli in my latest draft and I'm not opposed to it... Was going with a triple up anyway so why not 3 attackers! I know it's only pre-season but there's a serious confidence and positivity around the club at the moment and they look like they might be great value. Good price points to run away from too if it doesn't work out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

That midfield is way too lightweight. Like you literally can’t jump to anyone who starts to take off.

You think all those defenders take off early doors.

Id prefer to see you dump James & get a midfielder in the 6mil bracket.

Agreed! I’m going in light I know. My thinking is that Saka can be moved if needed, or James/Robbo to a 4.5 and Neto to a 7/8m mid.

Who can't he jump to out of interest? I'm particularly eager to see the more specific details in the flaw in the plan, because my budget invested in my midfield is currently even less than that.

Glad to see someone else on board the lightweight midfield template!

I’d imagine he’s referring to the 8m mids in particular - Maddison, Mount, Mahrez, Diaz (if no triple Liverpool).

As I have Jesus, I’m tempted to move Saka to Maddison/Mount but Saka being on pens is such a bonus.

What’s your midfield out of interest?

What 6m midfielder is capable of getting the explosive kind of scores James can though? None. The premium defenders are midfielders in all but name.

But you're able to move from Saka to the 8 mill mids if one takes off, no? What you and I can't do is change structure in 1 move, but can anyone? Those that have packed their budget in midfield would find it equally tricky to move to big at the back.

Ultimately the conversation is going to differ between those who think the premium defenders are the value now due to the pricing, or whether they're taking away from midfield which over the years has produced alot of points.

The problem with midfield as you mentioned earlier is that the options from 5.5 to 7.5 aren't great. If I had to choose between Perisic and Neto for example, it'd be a no brainer.

Speaking of Perisic, Conte said after the game:

"In this moment we have two players, Ivan Perisic and Doherty, they have to continue to work and reach the peak of fitness because after a long injury they are struggling a lot. We need to have patience."

Hmm not sure about him now.

Options will inevitably present themselves though, and people we aren’t thinking of now in that bracket are gonna fly early on.

I defo wanna bank the transfer as often as possible early on to help myself shift the cash back to midfield.

Hard to imagine I’ll be spending the guts of 20 million on 2 strikers and 32.5 million on 4 defenders and a keeper for the full season, unless these 7 guys do truly end up being points hogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Slightly updated the draft and worried now about no Arsenal mid and Jesus up top:

Ederson

TAA Cancelo Zinchenko Dalot

Salah Rashford Bruno G. Bailey

Haaland Kane

Ward N.Williams Pereira Archer

• Advertisement

I don’t dislike this as much as most of the 3 premium drafts I’ve seen, but I do still feel like you can see the sacrifices made in both defence and midfield. That 3-4 million or so goes a long way.

Are all of Haaland, Kane and Salah likely to make it as captain in the early weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Bazunu

Trippier zinchenko TAA Dias Collins

Salah Sancho

Nunez jesus Haaland

Ward, Colback, Rice, Andreas

Very light in midfield and will most likely play 5 2 3 most of the games.

Bazunu should get plenty of save points.

Collins is a goal threat and Wolves were solid at the back last season.

Andreas should be the key playmaker for Fulham.

Rice can be an option when they are at home to teams you would expect them to beat for a clean sheet possibility.

Sancho has looked in pre season what United fans were expecting last season.

Allows two premium defenders and four premium attackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Okay not the correct place. Been out of this for a few years but is there still a Boards league

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭bodking

Think I'm set on this , bit worried about no Salah but Son is just as good and the fixtures are just as kind . Can go Kane to Haaland but after yesterday's performance not very inspired.

Right, my team/squad to start the season (barring some blockbuster transfer);

Mendy

Trent...Gabriel...Cancelo...Zinchenko

Salah...J Ramsey...Kulusevski...Saka

Gabriel...Darwin

Bench: Forster(GK), Broja, Soucek, N. Williams.

I came close to make some changes yesterday but I'm liking the quadruple Arsenal and their run of games to start the season.

I originally brought Broja in under the assumption he'd be loaned out to a Premier League team alas it looks like he's staying put, hopefully he can muscle in some game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What are people's thoughts on Pulisic at £6m? Was injured quite a bit last season but looked quite good when he did play.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Bailey & Diaz or Martenlli & Grealish is a tight call for me. Anyone any thoughts? Think Grealish might be more involved this year as he could be quite integral to Haaland ( although yesterday didn't inspire confidence).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Would you go Son or Kane rather than both? Swapping one out for Salah.

I just can’t fathom peoples thinking on no Salah. Highest scoring FPL last couple seasons, guaranteed 200+ points barring long term injury, on penalties, huge ownership.

Even yesterday, he got a goal and an assist in a competitive fixture against a strong City side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Very punty wouldn't be one for me, minutes a doubt also. Would rather go for someone like martinelli or bruno G.

Advertisement