Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Old Man - US Pace - FX - (***Spoilers***) Jeff Bridges

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Acosta

Decent watch with two brilliant actors. The twist was predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭fran38

There's so many comparisons between Amy Brennemans character here and who she played in Heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,758 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Still no sign of this on Disney?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just finished this now. That was excellent! Really hope there'll be a season 2.

As great as Bridges is in this though (and he is!), I'm going to have to hand it to Lithgow as the standout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

It was posted earlier in the thread that it's been renewed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Pinkman

Not on Disney here till end of September. Very strange given Disney own FX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Homelander

Personally I'm finding it hard to see the show the way everyone else seems to have....I thought the first few episodes were brilliant but the last few were awful and complete nonsense plot wise.

The actors are pretty faultless, great performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Watched this last week, was pretty good.

Well acted, good enough writing and characters, if a little convoluted of a story. There was a major plot twist late on thay was predictable enough I thought,but still..... Worth a few hours of your time surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,569 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Enjoyable without being anything amazing. Set pieces were very good, very good performances etc but the actual plot was fairly thin and not all that engrossing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Yeah I felt this way about it. Very lacklustre ending to it but loved the old boys throughout. I actually thought it was supposed to be a one-off limited series but now I see there will be a season 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,065 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

I loved the first two episodes but Amy Brennemans character was just insufferable from when she was introduced and I found it very hard to get interested when she was on screen.The finale was a mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭De Bhál

4 episodes in to this on Disney.

Pretty good so far anyway. Good casting, although Lithgow always comes across a bit hammy (to me anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Ten seconds, two to the brain, end of plotline, makes far more sense for the character. Anyway. Not a huge deal, just silly. Will move on and look forward to season two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I finished this and was surprised to discover that was the end of the season. I thought it was very good for the first few episodes but thought it really fell off in the last few. I don't know if Bridges' health issues were a factor in that or not? There's very little action from him towards the end.

The plot twist was pretty obvious as mentioned and it's hard to buy that Lithgow's character couldn't at least contemplate it. I'd agree with the criticism of Brenneman's character too. I thought she not only added little, but that she actually took away from Bridges' character.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Enjoyed it but very American in the way the old American guy can handle three cars full of Morroccon police very easily an dath CIA guy was able to kills 5+ people who knew he was on a certain palace.

Amy Brennerman seemed unnecessary too.

Whinging over, would watch the two leads all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I'm up to date with this, Lithgow's overacting is ruining it for me, every scene. Still though, a good show

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ericmorr

Their interactions and weird relationship are one of the most interesting parts of the show to me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I'm three episodes in and enjoying it. It blends the personal and professional quite well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hmm, more of a sometimes above average to mixed bag affair. I never warmed to the Afghanistan flashbacks - dull. And that Range Rover piece in the finale, sheesh. Good casting with the younger Harold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,776 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Full trailer

Starts September 12th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,569 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Hopefully it'll be better than the first season. Feels like there's loads of potential just needs a better script

Advertisement