Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Vital Transformation

2 Warrior's rotation players leaving. Otto Porter Jr goes to Raptors and Gary Payton II off to Portland. Don't blame Payton for securing the bag. He has his chip and was a late bloomer making it as a player. Got to make that money while you still can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Iam sure he ain’t hurting for money considering who his dad is….lol But I agree, secure that big contract while you can, Iam not super worried about replacing those players, should be relatively straightforward, signed Looney to 3 year deal which is great

The whole Nets thing has been nothing short of a disaster. Nothing has worked out and they now pretty much need to blow it up. It’s pretty unfortunate that Durant has wasted these past few seasons with the nets, at the end of the day it was his choice, he wanted to lead a team on his own but it didn’t work out, having Kyrie didn’t help much either.

Will be interesting to see what the Nets get for him, they obviously need a big return, they need picks, picks and more picks in my opinion along with some decent youth to start the rebuild

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Great signing for Boston in getting Brogdan, though they sent out a lot to get him.

It plugs their biggest individual gap, but they’re still very light bench-wise.

Galinari is fine but can see him being waived or traded too.

Drummond ends up with the Bulls six months later.

Would have much preferred him over Tristan Thompson back then.

Will (somehow) only be 29 at the start of the season. Probably safe to say the Detroit/Cleveland Drummond is long gone but even a Lakers/Nets Drummond would have made a solid difference to us off the bench after the All-Star break.

If he averages the 12pts/10reb as he did in LA and Brooklyn, I'll be a happy camper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, solid pick up. Zach got his max contract which is huge money for a mid season, hope his knee injury isn't recurring. And that Lonzo is good to start the new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,324 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Gobert to Minnesota for a bunch of role players and four 1st round picks. Rudy and KAT with Edwards will be a lot of fun

If they stay healthy I'd facy them to be Top 4 in the West - even with in a stronger West.

Really puts things in perspective.

I’m watching some of the talking heads on YouTube. They’re all bigging up this Kyrie for Russ trade. Why in god’s name would the Nets want to do that? Aside from the extra money Russ would cost them the Lakers haven’t a pic until 2027, yet these guys are talking like THEY HAVE TO DO IT FOR LEBRON - WTAF? What kind of logic is that?

• Advertisement

I hope Kyrie ends up in LA, what a shitshow that'd be.

And Brooklyn are ridiculous enough to give it to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Corvo

I think the Lakers are the only team that actually want him!

It would be a disaster if they have to include Harris or Curry in order to make the salaries work.

There is NO reason to take Westbrook off the Lakers unless you’re getting a **** tonne of picks, which they don’t have. No reason whatsoever. It’s insane that it’s even a conversation. Why help the Lakers without benefiting yourself? Why help LeBron? This is madness.

Dunno if any of you get the NBA 2K games but 2K23 is up for pre-order tomorrow with base 70$ edition, 100$ Jordan edition and 150$ championship edition. The champ ed comes with a year of NBA League Pass which i believe is 200 euro on its own so anyone thinking of getting both could save with this edition.

Thanks, I get 2k every year but also pay for NBA League pass at 17.99 per month so I'll have a look into this. Good to see the Jordan challenges back.

I'm not a gamer but Santa is brining a PS5 I believe this year. Are they digital only downloads or is there a disc version of these?

You can get digital or physical copies. A heads up though, Gamestop run out of physical copies fairly quick. Last year i was told each shop for 1 copy of the 75th anniversary edition. Will be going in tomorrow to book the Jordan edition. Gamestop.ie, toys.ie and Amazon will all be doing preorders as well. Digitally, you can get ready of the editions directly for the PlayStation or xbox stores.

I have a thread in the games section but it's very very quiet, might be worth making a thread for the game on the basketball forum. We used to get some great online boards games with lads on here, would be great to get that going again.

I agree for the most part, the whole thing is nonsense, both of these teams have dug holes for themselves and now people are supposed to feel sorry for them.

The only thing I would say is that it’s pretty sad that LeBrons past few seasons and by the looks of it the next few will be with such a dysfunctional team, he is still a phenomenal player but on the flip side, nearly (100% in my opinion) is his own doing, he is the one that decides who comes and goes, players and management !

I refer back to that quote (and I forget who said it) that "LeBron is the worst GM in the League". It's so true.

• Advertisement

Philly being investigated by the league for the Tucker signing, but not sure if anything will change as a result.

Morey trying to bring all the old Harden teammates from Houston to Philadelphia it seems, not sure why or what his fascination with Harden is. On all available evidence Harden is declining to the point where I can't see him being the force he once was and unlikely to be able to be the 2nd best player on a Championship team (behind Embiid) any more.

Oh LeBron...........

Hates Boston so much he's a minority owner of the Red Sox. The comments are worth a read, incl. a clip of LeBron saying he's never experienced racism in Boston.

Seems like he can't ever go very long without going out of his way to put a spotlight on himself. He's said some pretty bad things about white people previously and his China/child labour silences are embarrassing.

Do better.

Now he’s making stuff up like that the Celtics sold “F_ck LeBron” t shirts in the team shop. They didn’t btw, nor could they if they wanted to……as it’s all official merchandise only.

If saying “F_ck LeBron” makes you racist in his eyes I don’t really know what to say.

I’m sure there are racists in Boston, just like I’m sure there are racists in every major city in America. But to tar the whole fan base and the franchise like that is completely irresponsible, unacceptable, and embarrassing tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,302 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

As a former regular attender in the Garden I can say with certainty that you wouldn't get away with being racist at a Celtics game.

You'll get away with it in the same building at a hockey game. I can't stand hockey because of the fans.

To be fair I think the hockey crowds are like that everywhere - certainly the cities I’ve seen hockey in (Chicago, NY, LA) - it just seems to attract a “rowdier” crowd. Haven’t been to a Bruins game but no huge desire to either, only went to the others as there was no basketball on the nights I was in those cities. Have a brother in Edmonton who goes to the Oilers games all the time as his company have a suite there, he says it’s more a social/networking/drinking occasion than anything for him, but I’d imagine the Canadian crowds are a bit tamer than the US crowds. Could be wrong through!

Boston offer Jaylen Brown, Derek White and pics for KD. As a Celtics fan I’m not happy about this. Jaylen was the best performing Celtic in the Finals.

Nets said no and apparently want Marcus Smart too. It’s a no from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,489 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Hopefully not !! Madness to even think of getting rid of Brown.

That is definitely the best possible package that Nets can receive. As good as Durant is, swapping him out for a 25 year old who is top performer, along with picks is great when Durant is 34 years old and is obviously unhappy.

I imagine this is the opening bid by Boston but if they really do want Durant, I wouldn't really be adding any more. Nets will surely have to revisit that offer closer to the season starting.

Starting line up of Durant, Tatum, Smart, Williams and Horford is pretty scary. Even if Durant is going to be at the top of his game for 2 years at most.

Boston must think that Brown will not re-sign in 2 years when his contract expires?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,489 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Brown doesn't seem to have a quarter of the enthusiasm about playing for the Celtics as Smart does (or the 2 William's or even the now departed Theis)

Tatum seemed for a while that he thought he was the reincarnation of Kobe and was destined to go to the Lakers. I think he relaxed about being at the Celtics over the last while.

Brad Stevens knows what is going on with the players, I'm sure he will take the best decision for the Celtics. He does seem to have a ruthless streak. Nice guys as general managers would walked all over

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Bill Russell has passed away. His championship tally will never be repeated. RIP.

Advertisement