Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Yeah safety was primarily on my mind, just my mindset at work..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Sunday!!! The boss has just arisen and would like a walk 😂😂 I will probably bring him off for a spin later.

Sardi my heart goes out to you, sending you lots of hugs ((hugs)) 🤗🤗

Bones I’m also sending you lots of hugs 🤗

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Nearly trundle time again. Deferred coverage of F1 later, managing to avoid any info si far.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,921 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Just home. We went out to Stradbally for The Steam Rally , it's on every August Bank Holiday weekend. The feet are walked off us , the little grandladies all had a great time.

We were all prepared for bad weather but it ended up being a roasting day 😊☀️

Do they still do a quick tractor build competition at that??

• Advertisement

Not that I saw anyway Grem . That's not saying it didn't happen though .

Its a stunning spectacle, mates used to do it, unbelievable how quickly a tractor could be put together

I'd say it'd be brilliant to see alright! Hopefully it didn't happen today so I can feel better about not seeing it tbh !

There were plenty of ride on lawnmower races , good lord the speed they were doing! Mad !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm LoLing at the idea of lawnmowers racing.

I saw some pictures on Instagram it looked amazing. Great atmosphere I'd say 🥳

@Sardonicat I'm gone from the dirty 30s so your partners young man is safe 😇

Following on from another poster yesterday, I'm going to take an August sabbatical from boards too.

I have a very busy work schedule for the month so I need to unwind from screens in my evenings as much as possible.

I'll be back again in September when things resume a bit of normality to catch up with you all.

Mind yourselves xx

To thine own self be true

It's bananas tbqh, bonkers, usually a wee Massey they strip and rebuild, wild craic.

@Mam of 4 if you have seven minutes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

It'll be a lonely place without you PM. Mind them young fellas, now!

Thanks, I'll be thinking of you and your dad.

I won't have time for any young fellas..or old ones either 🤣

Take care Purple, we'll hold the fort and water the plants

@Gremlinertia , that's fecking brilliant! Think everyone would have loved to see that happening today!

@Purple MonkeyMonkeyMonkeyMonkeMo

@Purple Mountain , it was too funny, they were hopping around the place, mad speed tbh . Enjoy the break from here , but don't forget to take a little you time in the midst of the hectic month ahead . We'll be here when you return 😊

Please excuse the mad @ above, I couldn't get it off the screen, it just kept multiplying 🙈🙊🙈🙈

A cute monkey 🐒🐵🐒🐒

🙈🙈🤭🤭🤭

The sky is beautiful again tonight, love the different hues of pinks and purple..

And race week is over, rejoice 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My afternoon tv schedule goes back to normal!!

We get cruise ships in town now but they are ok

• Advertisement

Masseys are powerhorses.My grandfather had one for 30 years and it only broke down twice.A bad fuel filter and a bad alternator.

Them and internationals rarely mess up, well the old ones.. And you'd fix most things with whatever was in your pockets!

I learned to drive on that old Massey and the lesson of popping the clutch.When it reared uo I became concerned.

We had a 188 and the clutch was a mad long draw and would break your leg if you slipped off it..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Interesting sports weekend, I was hoping that Germany would win last night just to avoid the insufferable UK papers talking about their win for the next 50 years.

Sad to see people disappearing, also noticed some others who didn’t announce anything have gone quiet.

Off to see the Pyramids :):)

Alfie says Hello 😊

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Had a bank holiday weekend of two halves....

Friday evening I went out to dinner in town with three good mates and afterwards in the wee hours was bopping online to the wonderful dance tunes of DJ Funkybeak. 😎 🎧 🎶 🕺 🕺

A friend had messaged me about a Kate Bush birthday celebration Wuthering Heights dance flash mob event in Fairview Park that she was going to - I'm a big fan of the music of Ms Bush and I hadn't seen my friend in months so despite very little sleep (3.5 hours) I made my way out to Fairvew Park for 1pm and had a complete blast dressing up in a red dress and wig along with about 800 other Kate Bush fans (I was far from being the only bloke at it, thankfully!).

My friend made sure I dressed up in the red dress and wig she brought along (yes I did look ridiculous but what the hell!! 😁😁😂) and a Kate Bush drag queen was getting us all to do the dance moves to Kate's 1978 debut Wuthering Heights. It was very hot and muggy and I got a bit sunburnt on my arms but it was complete and utter craic!! 😎💕 💃 💃 💃 The event was on the news that evening!

Slept like the dead that night and pretty much all through yesterday. Hope you all had a good August Bank Holiday weekend. 🥰

The evidence...

That looks like loads of fun @JupiterKid 👍😊

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Excellent pics, Kid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Looking out the window of a mobile home, staring at the rain, vowing that next year we are going on a sun holiday, no matter what. Only 12 more days to go.......

Advertisement