Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭creedp

Which is why the Ioniq 5 is so popular, relatively speaking so much more car for the money. IMO current Niro pricing is ridiculous and simply not vfm. Particularly as its a very conservative and boring design as EVs go

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭GIMickey

I was quoted 1000 euro for Gardx Gap insurance and protection (Paint and Interior). I'm nearly 100% sure i was quoted 700 in January. Any body else get a quote for it and remember the cost? Is this worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If the price of the car has increased then it's reasonable to assume the price of the Gap Insurance has risen I'd assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭OO7FITZY

my 202 e-niro is due a service - any advice on pricing people have been getting lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Liffey Valley, Dublin €199 :(

Kia Dundrum a few quid cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

285 in Airside. What a bloody scam. I forked out for the 3 year plan last year to allow for the ridiculous price increases / coolant change next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Redlim

In limerick I had the first two at something like €95 and then €120. The third at 45,000km is going to be around €450 due to the coolant change which is just bonkers. Ridiculous having the service interval at every 15,000 km. Would love to know if there's a way of avoiding that big one without affecting warranty. Must be something magic (but not very durable) in that special blue coolant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sbar

I ordered the PHEV K4 on 23/06 and collected it 06/07. Mineral blue with black c-pilar - no other choice unless I held off until more stock comes in. only driven ~60km and so far so very good, really impressed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭itsme1284

Hi

Did anyone get a pcp quote on the Niro with max deposit.

I got a quote not too long ago for the Hyundai ionic 5, but they where using the grant as part of the deposit which pushed up the finance and payments. do Kia do this also

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Fermi

Yes, Kia Galway is doing the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I think it depends on who you get, when I bought my niro it wasn't included in the deposit but when my father went to the same dealer they told him it was part of it which would have pushed his payments up a good bit. He ended up going to a different dealer who didn't include it in the deposit so the payments were lower. I also have a deposit on a new one and they didn't include it in the deposit.

Having an annoying issue.. Uvo wasn’t connecting so reset it with the little button beside the volume knob.. connected again and synced with the app. Now I can start remote climate control again BUT it’s maxed out to 28 degrees heat in the car but 15 on the app. I’ve installed the new Kia connect app to rule out the uvo app and still the same. I’ve no schedules or anything set up. Very annoying as I like to have the car cooled down for the dogs before i put them in!

Car is due it’s expensive car wash on Monday so I’ll ask them to check.. they didn’t update the software last time

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

Ordered the EV and hoping to get it in early September. Does anyone know if the seats have a memory function?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Evilcamper

I think some of the reviews have mentioned the Irish ones would not get memory seats in the comments.

Would anyone have a printout/summary of what was done on their second service.. When I collected the car the guy thought it was my first service and just wondering if they actually did anything other than inspect, wash, offer to charge me €200 for the "missing" inflation kit that was under the boot organiser, and didn't even stamp the book. Car is going back in a couple of weeks to have the whole radio/console removed to see if there's a wiring issue for my heat instead of a/c problem above 😩 so i can get them to stamp then.. I'm just wondering if they replaced anything that should have been replaced as i have the service plan and want my money's worth. (There's only 7000 odd kms on the clock thanks to Pandemic/WFH)

Also aren't they supposed to update the software at the service as mine is the same since I got the car 2 years ago?

Nothing different between first and second.

They should update any firmware software, but this is not the infotainment software, but you can now do that yourself.

There was a BMS update released in about December 2020. There's no other updates that I've heard about.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The father picked up his PHEV this morning so I'll get a good look at it later, haven't seen one in the flesh yet so it'll be nice to get a good look at it. I'm waiting for the EV myself, have the old PHEV for the last 3 years and like it but full EV suits my use better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭davidod1

• Advertisement

From what I'm told from Kia, my Niro EV was delivered to Ireland on the 29th July. I now have to wait for it to be delivered and registered etc. But if that's the case I could have it in the next 2 weeks. Maybe

That's good to know, mine is due in the first shipment so should be there too, hopefully we'll be have them soon anyway.

From looking at the fathers PHEV last night, the seating position feels a bit higher than my old one but that could be down to the seat just being set higher. It feels nice inside, the cooled seats and power seats are a nice addition and it feels comfortable, although I haven't driven it myself. The glasses holder by the centre lights is gone, I'll have to get a box for my spare set and keep them in the glove box I suppose. The storage in the armrest is smaller and doesn't have a USB port anymore, I use it for the dash cam on mine so I'll have to plug it in somewhere else.

EDIT: I also meant to ask if anyone has seen any wind deflectors for the new model yet? They're pretty much essential for me.

That’s great to know. Must contact dealer on Tuesday.👍

It says in the spec sheet it has a sunglasses holder. Fingers crossed it does. I got to test drive the phev in ireland on June 30th and I also test drove the EV in Spain last week. I will tell you, the ventilated seats are next level especially in Spain last week.

Not that I would want a sunroof, memory seats, that remote park feature and a few other specs that other markets get for the same price, I just wished they would have knocked a few euro of the price for not adding them, but isn't that the current market we are in.

Yeah it's on the spec sheet for the PHEV too but it's definitely not on the car, there's a little red SOS button there(might not be an actual button but it looks like one under clear plastic.

I agree about most of the stuff that's missing here, the only ones I would have really liked are the Harman Kardon sound system and the built in dash cam and even those are just convenience. I don't get the remote park on it really, most carparks where the spaces are tight and you might actually need it wouldn't have the room to pull the car out without turning, it'd never work in the airport carpark for example.

Personally, I replaced all speakers with JBL's. Far superior sound

Out of curiosity, will you be getting the GAP insurance and Paint protection add-on? by any chance did you dealership give you a cost on how much it is?

I didn't even ask about that, figured he'll try when I'm in to get the car. I don't even have how much my monthly payments are yet, they gave me a rough price but had to check something with the GMFV for me and haven't gotten back to me yet.

• Advertisement

Still the same timeframe as when I ordered. Hopefully end of August or early September

Advertisement