Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summerslam *Spoilers* 2022

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Vince apparently wanted to keep Becks a heel but HHH had his own plan

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Io, Dakota, Bayley, Bianca and Becky all in the ring yet the chants are just for Becky. But that definitely felt like HHH flexing his creative control. If it was just Bayley then it would kinda mirror Becky's return, including Bianca standing with a big grin for some reason. Then the grin went away as Kai and io came out. Was sure Becky was going to attack Bianca but glad she didn't. Seems every time Dakota goes away for a while, she comes back with longer hair. Bayley kept her heel hair.

Logan Paul has been putting in the work anyway to go 10-15 mins against Miz and shenanigans were pretty minimal. Camera work with Maryse in the apron was well done. 😋

When the Maximum Male Models were throwing water on each other, was anyone else thinking of models who sprayed each other with petrol?

Not sure where they go with US title or Theory now.

*Sarcasm mode on* Shocking return from Edge. Did not see that coming. Exciting end to an exciting match that I was really invested in. *Sarcasm mode off*

McAfee just doing a few spots with Corbin's job just to sell. Was sure he was going to do a Panama Sunrise as his finisher.

Street Profits cheerleaders. One of these things is not like the other. Will the Usos move on to The All New And Improved Vicious Viking Raiders?

Don't know if she's new but that medic, or whoever she is, trying to help Riddle up when she's about the size of AJ Lee was kinda funny.

She also showed up during Liv's match to check on the arm. Was half expecting a stoppage but also did expect Liv to win. Then as expected it wasn't a clean win.

The Last Man Standing match could've been boring but it was just crazy enough. Lifting the ring, I think if it was a more light hearted match, I could see Hornswoggle being under the ring with a look of shock on his face before running off. When I saw the tractor I was reminded of the forklift being used to pin, was it, the Rock? Though felt controlling the bucket would be too much. And of all the matches to cash in the MitB briefcase, a Last Man Standing with 2 of the biggest, toughest guys probably isn't the best choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

He also praised Ricochet as a future champ and leader of the new era so let's just wait and see how Montez does as a singles.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I know Montez is being hailed as the next thing but man I'm kinda drawn to Dawkins more, for a big guy he's super athletic. As always though someone has to be the Janetty 😔

As for who is next for the Usos, thats the problem, they've already ran through the tag roster. Street Profits VS Raiders would have been something different at least. Le sigh. Maybe they call up someone like the Creed Bros from NXT for Usos?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Becky is fantastic, the women's equivalent of the smackdown six should be great.

Miz is an all timer, he just gets it, like I said, Logan Paul needs to be champion.

Judgement day match was a thing that happened, mysterios weird Ralph wiggum for the finish was interesting.

Theory suffering from MITB booking, they really hate making the holder look strong.

McAfee is definitely a case of diminishing returns, but he's absolutely fine against the guys he's wrestling.

Usos profits wasn't as good as the MITB match, but still good, jarrett was fairly pointless and that spot with ford yelling at him made no sense.

Liv Morgan is not that good, she just seems like someone who's nice and tries hard but she's not championship level, Ronda needs to be in there with better, but heel Ronda murdering fools for a couple of months could be fun.

Seth did a thing, the crowd wants him to turn face, forgetting that every time he does they get bored of him.

Brock Lesnar is fantastic, just a grinning farmboy who would pull a tree out of the ground and beat you to death with it, Roman pisses star power and both men seem to have no regard for their own bodies, absolutely ridiculous main event but how do you beat reigns now? Logan Paul, that's how.

A really solid ppv from top to bottom, and small hints of the future, unfortunately the last 15 or so years have me convinced they'll fcuk it up on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Becky's shoulder injury...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Roman just effortlessly cool

Personally I'd have The Usos split before Street Profits, Jey really deserves a single push and surely Reigns would put him over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Ridley

Just push Balor dammit. The pairing of two split personality wrestlers giving into the sinner sides of themselves should work but They really have something against Balor getting ahead and it's been that way since he derped off the turnbuckle for Reigns.

Minor thing but the lack of the ring itself was the perfect way to neutralise the cash in so it's a shame Theory tried anyway. He coulda just looked and went "Nnnope!"

And a pox on commentary for not calling Theory tapping out quick for what it was: saving himself for the main event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was thinking they're making a big deal of Dakota giving her the Summerslam debut but then realised she's going to be the member of that trio that takes the losses, isn't she? Don't think they'll be dominant like the Shield.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd really like to think Finn could potentially be one of the bigger winners in the Vince/HHH thingy. Its a shame, but Vince seemed to lose all faith in him when he got injured after the call up, and he's been so directionless since. Hopefully, if he can get away from the never ending Rey feud, he could thrive.

Finn vs Edge in a proper feud could genuinely build him back up again massively.

I think Bayley really wanted to work with D Kai so ultimately a feud for them in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

It’s funny. Looking the other night judgement day really give me tag team vibes as opposed to stable.

It has made Priest look like a million bucks. Love Balor but he’s not screaming “big time” leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Really enjoyed that Summerslam.

Main event was fantastic, Brock is so so good. Would love to see him against Walter.

So much promise in the company now its a great time to be a fan of wrestling.

Between AEW and WWE, renewed interest in ROH. NJPW and spot shows like Flairs last match, there is so much to be excited about

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I thought Brock would be extra careful giving Heyman the F5 but nope, he tossed him like a bag of coal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Heyman selling like a champ too he genuinely looked like he was half dead being dragged up the aisle, brilliant to see.

Advertisement