Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,726 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Had to Google that to see if that was actually the professor's name :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,595 ✭✭✭✭Penn

In my first playthrough when I couldn't beat him, I called him a hell of a lot worse...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Gave Deliver Us the Moon a go, and was pleasantly surprised. A lovely mystery game with some amazing visuals at times, and excellent sound and score, headphones recommended. A little too short imo, about 6-10 hours depending on how quickly you go along. But only too short because I wanted more. It did what it did really well and wraps up nicely. I did enjoy the moon landing easter egg if you've found it. The zero-g is very well done, and a few running out of oxygen pre-planned events were pretty well done. Overall, very impressed, and it is giving me the want to get Deliver Us Mars in September!

This is what GP/PS+ are for imo, not for the big AAA games that everyone plays, but for these smaller ones which can lead to future support/sales. If Deliver Us Mars is as good as DUtM, but bigger, it could be Day 1.

Edit: Forgot to add that I've also restarted Returnal. I had played a good few hours when it first came out, but mainly because I wanted to experience the intro again. Best use of the DualSense yet imo. Shame it can't be replayed from a menu, I'd wear out the motors in my DualSense! Managed to get to the boss on the third attempt (but I shouldn't include the second attempt as I died by idiocy in the first area!), and nearly beat him, down to a sliver on 3rd bar and he destroyed me. What a game!

Post edited by Potential-Monke on

• Registered Users Posts: 29,023 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The talk of the remake made me finally start Lollipop Chainsaw.

Haven't played in years, but downloaded the Overwatch 2 beta and had a go of it for a few days. Really enjoyed getting back into the swing of things. Beta is over, so downloaded OW1 again and jumped into my favourite mode, Mystery Heroes.

Halfway through first round, started ending up as some of the heroes released since I last played, like Batiste, Ashe and Sigma, with no idea how to properly use them.

Still though, fun was had by all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,726 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Bought Dishonored in the sale yesterday and got stuck into that last night... Great fun but while I was waiting for the 34GB download on my crappy connection I started Thief again just to sate my sneak-em-up hunger and I forgot how excellent that is. So I'm prob going to be juggling the two for next few days/weeks as they share similar gameplay styles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I am playing the cat game on playstraytion

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I have deafness in one ear for a few weeks because of being told of the cat game, I now can't get near my PlayStation because of the cat game

Hmm, think this game would be better with a dog. 😁

I'm liking the game. Might get it finished tonight.

I'm back to talking about Bugsnax.

Started the DLC, though to start it I had to complete some sidequests from the base game that were still active when I rolled credits on it before.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,735 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Upgraded to Premium for a bit to give it a go, and downloaded and started playing Death Stranding. This is the weirdest game I've ever played.

At what point does it start getting good?

I've just incinerated the President's body, and so far it's a fairly incoherent bunch of cutscenes and rather uninteresting walking around, but I've heard there's a certain point it gets a lot better?

The start of Act 3 (or Chapter 3 or whatever name they use). You get far more freedom to roam, take on extra missions, get better upgrades etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,808 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Also, don't mind the 'no turning back' message in chapter 2, push on to chapter 3, you get a chance to come back to chap 2 area later. In 3, you get better equipment to make traversing easier, faster and more fun. Game isn't for everyone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭KH25

Decided to finally give Bioshock a spin and I've flown through it. Really enjoyable game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Parts 1 and 2 are great games and hold up really well. Part 3 is dogshite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Always amazes me how such a beautiful, thought-out game fails in pretty much every category. It'd be a GOAT if even lived up to a third of the promise shown in the intro.

I think Minerva's Den is the only Bioshock outing I don't have to put an asterisk on my enjoyment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Playing Stray. Not worthy of the hype but it's not bad. It is short so will try it again to finish it within 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,808 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I loved/disliked Bioshock 1 (loved playing it but took me ages to get through, very strange). Never played 2 or 3 but i have a friend who says 3 is one of his favourite games of all time.

Interestingly, Minerva's Den was made by Steve Gaynor who was inspired by the DLC to start a studio and create Gone Home which is one of my favourite games of all time. Guess i should check out Minerva's Den.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I love Bioshock 1 and 3 equally. Two of my favourite games. I found 2 very hard to get into and gave up at least twice before eventually forcing myself to finish it a few years ago. I recall quite enjoying it in end, though I struggle to remember much about it.

I am currently playing the dlc of Ghost of Tsushima after platinuming the main story. I have such mixed feelings about this game. Great in parts but boring and repetitive in others. I prefer it to AC and really enjoy the combat and gameplay but many of the the side missions and activities are really weak. The open world is incredibly beautiful but not very interesting and I started fast travelling everywhere before long.

I am also playing career mode in WRC 9. I love the tracks but man I suck at this game. I keep having to lower the difficulty but the AI is all over the place so I can never trust my results.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I hated the move away from Rapture in 3, that dark art deco theme in 1+2 were core to the feeling of it all

• Advertisement

Finished Bioshock earlier today. Really enjoyed it and can see myself playing it again. Don’t think I’ll be going for platinum though because of the audio logs!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 SpudsandGuinness

Porsche challenge a pure classic

• Administrators Posts: 53,735 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I loved GoT because you weren't overloaded with pointless side quests and the story was decent and pretty easy to understand. The duels were great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Ghost of Tsushima. A brilliant game.

Picked up Tiny Tinas Wonderlands. It's...... meh. I was hoping for a more melee based game but it's quickly back to (in world) guns. It's not bad, but it feels kinda flat. Like it's missing something. But I haven't enjoyed a BL since first playing 2. I've a few hours played, the shocking-not-shocking thing happened to Buttstalion and I'm there, but it feels like it'll be effort to go on. Unlike BL1/2, it screams that it wants you to MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah Wonderlands is alright, I did like the Multi class system though. Loot wasn't great either as I would be using the same spell for multiple levels as I would never get better spell drops

Plus the loot is so padded with stupid cosmetic stuff that I was nearly finished the game before I even found out how to use, but still didn't want to use.

Wonderlands is just such a missed opportunity throughout. I was really disappointed in it.

I've no interest in going back to it. Have Skyrim installed, see if it'll scratch the itch. Hardest part will be getting beyond the first area/town, I've tried a few times but get bored of knowing what's coming.

Started Bioshock 2 tonight but found out I couldn’t save. Apparently it’s down to having too many saves from the first game. I downloaded a few games from my backlog yesterday so don’t have space to reinstall 1 just to delete some saves. So for now, I’m parking Bioshock 2 and started Crash Bandicoot 4 instead.

• Advertisement

Ah Skyrim. Nothing like an 11 year old game to remind you that modern games save constantly compared to then! I've died about 6 times so far, and each time I've lost 20mins or more playtime each time...

Advertisement