Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my team 22/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Yes, midfield is a worry alright big time. I'm planning on Salah captain in week 1 and Haaland in week 2 and honestly haven't looked past that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Everytime I see a nicely balanced team like this I wonder how they've achieved it....then I see no Salah! I'd personally never go without Salah but as Salah-less teams go, this is a nice team. I see no point in two 4.5 keepers, it's a headache rotating both of them. I see people picking Meslier but again I think it's madness. Ward could even get minutes, so maybe bring him in as your 4m GK.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Think I'm gonna start off with this lot

Meslier

TAA Robbo Perisic Gabriel Cancelo

Saka Salah Neto

Jesus Kane

Bench: Rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Is Kane worth having if you won’t captain him at home to Southampton? Captaincy is probably the biggest reason to spend 10 mill plus on a player.

Perhaps I'm overlooking something here but I never got that logic of "why bother bring in a player if you're not gonna captain him", especially if it's for free. I think Salah and Kane could both score 15+ pts this weekend, so why not have them both. If your captain blanks, it's always nice to have good backup scorers in your team.

• Advertisement

I think looking at it over the course of one weekend doesn’t really sum it up that well.

Kane is actually a great example, because he pretty much averages to around 200 over the course of a season. This is a good score. But at 11.5 million, having him aswell as 2 similarly priced players takes a huge amount of flexibility out of the rest of your budget.

Those 150-200 point players are massively valuable. Having like 7-8 of those and 2 premiums, feels like a much better way to maximise points expectations across the team than having 4-5 of them and 3 premiums (especially when you’re not specifically playing to double the points expectation of one of those 3)

This becomes less the case over the course of the season as cheap guys start to show they can perform closer to 200 and are demonstrably hugely underpriced. Whereas the cheap guys we’re going with at the moment are essentially somewhat educated punts that we’re hoping will do that.

How many points higher do we project Kane to score higher than Jesus for example? We really think we can’t find that point difference with change of 3.5 million to bulk up with. Especially since if Jesus doesn’t end up being the 170 point guy, you can just switch with one transfer to the guy who is looking like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Might have finally settled on this set-up

Edison (Ward)

TAA,Collins,Cash, (Neco, Patterson)

Mo,Son,Tielemans,Wilson. (Torriera)

Wilson,Kane. ( Plange)

Lack of City attack is a worry,but should Haaland explode,he'll swap with Kane and Tielemans to Kulu/Saka

• Registered Users Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Trying to think outside the box and thinking of going big 3 big hitters in midfield, a very strong back line and going light(ish) up top.

(I plan to wc in week 4 or 5)

Think Bruno might be more hope than expectation, in terms of him returning to being a premium option. Don’t think he’s looked prominent in pre-season and he obviously wasn’t that last season.

I don’t think Jacob Ramsey is gonna start as many games this season. Kamara taking over DM is going to see Douglas Luiz in midfield beside McGinn often (whose spot has been solidified having got the captaincy)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Downgrade Bruno to sancho . You have some cash to spend elsewhere

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have 1m itb.

Might upgrade Reed to McGinn/5.5m and BB GW1.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sancho hasn't started the last couple, not sure if it's illness or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Sorry but....why in the bejaysus have you Tielemans in your team?! Was sh1te last season, might be transferred out, might not even play. All for 6.5m.

Bailey is starting to tempt me. It would mean he starts in my team every week, in a 4-4-2, with Neco Williams/Patterson/A.Pereria subbing in for him if gets dropped. It's either that, or I stick with Ben White and play 5-3-2. Have a feeling White is the wise, safe option. But boring. I'll give it a few days to ponder.

Is Luiz nailed o for Villa

No. Neither is Ramsey. McGinn has been made captain so its probably him and 1 of the 2. Kamara will be DM.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'm starting Bailey, great pre season that will be hard to ignore for Gerrard not to start/play him. Worth the risk at 5.0 I think and Andreas rotates well him at the start.

Re Ben White, I'm not sure he's nailed. Saliba and Gabriel might be first choice for the new season. Maybe White starts at RB while Tomiyasu is injured but not sure at CB.

I switched off from FF in march,thanks swapping to Odegard

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

That's not happening.

It's one of the big 2, undecided at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭FantasyFool

Lads any thoughts would be much appreciated. I know my subs are brutal so any alternatives? My week 1 team looking like this-

Lloris (Gazzaniga)

James, Tierney, Cash, Collins (N Williams)

Son, Bailey, Salah(c), Mount (Millavojevic)

Watkins, Haaland (Greenwood)

Tierney hasn't featured in pre-season so Zinchenko should start ahead of him. Don't see the appeal of Watkins when you can get Jesus for 0.5 more. No Liverpool or City defender is an issue.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Think I gone little different to most.

Henderson/Sanchez

TAA, Robertson, Zinchenko, Cash, N Williams

Salah, Son, Rashford, Martinelli, Andreas

Jesus, Awoniyi, Mitrovic.

No Kane, Haaland or Nunez looks risky, but hey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭nice bit of green

Nice, not seeing many drafts with Son in them. Don’t understand it, he was on fire last season and they have great opening fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Think I have finally settled on a team, any thoughts much appreciated.

Allison

TAA, Gabriel, Chillwell, Cancelo

Salah, Saka, Bruno G, Neto

Jesus, Kane

Ward, Andreas, N Williams, Archer

Most I think is self explanatory. In order to move slightly from a template team I have gone for Chillwell over James and Gabriel over Zinchenko - Chilwells PPG is actually higher that James last season, Gabriel over Zinchenko again is down to his lower ownership and I think Zinchenko only becomes a clearly better option when Tierney is back and he moves to Midfield.

Intention is to move Kane to Haaland for GW2.

Chilwell barely featured pre-season. Good option when fit but James probably safer bet to start off with.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Raya, Ward

TAA, Cancelo, James, White, Vestergard

Salah, Kulu, Neto, Zaha, Bailey

Harland, Jesus, Greenwood.

Will ESR play for Arsenal?

I’d imagine it comes down to Son, Kane or Haaland.

Starting with Kane or Haaland allows you to easily swap to the other in one transfer. I suspect many will start Kane and swap to Haaland in GW2. Plus both are 0.5 cheaper than Son.

Starting with Son, it’ll take 2 transfers to swap to Haaland if he starts on fire.

I’ve tried fitting Son, Haaland and Salah - it’s a good looking team but overall team is a bit weaker. Not sold on it yet.

Ownership too plays a big part. Haaland is massively owned already, more than twice Son (I think) so if he starts on fire it’ll affect OR if you don’t have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

I'll be going Kane captain in GW3 at home to Wolves as its more favourable than Salah away to Man U (although not based on last season) and Haaland away to Newcastle.

My biggest gripe with the team is not having Jesus with such a high EO.

• Advertisement

Cucurella now linked to Chelsea which you’d imagine will have an effect on Chilwell’s minutes.

Advertisement