Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

Well it ended up on Sat that Casement had 18mm of rain, Dunsany think it was 13mm and Athenry 18mm aswell. Varied then in other stations.

That's a lot of rain for a forecast from Met Eireann of a 'few' showers in morning and drying up for rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭WJL

Fair play to Laois for annexing Tullamore 😉

I hope there were no casualties!

I thought this was meant to be the torrential rain day?

Gin blue skies and beautiful sunshine here in NCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Stunning morning here in Leitrim. Blue sky and sun. 11C. Puts a smile on your face. Unfortunately rain is due about 1.00pm arriving from the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,397 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Yeah.. was expecting to wake up to a write off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

Looking in from abroad at the moment it just makes you realise for such a small country Ireland's weather is so hit and miss. One place miserable while a few miles up the road it's grand. The joys of living on a small island in the Atlantic I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

I think it depends on where you are. Carlow weather said here in the east the rain wouldn't arrive until around 4 so happy with that. Will get a lot done today. Was a lovely day here yesterday too once the morning cleared up and it was dry until 5pm on Sat so all in all can't complain too much. Off to sunnier climates tomorrow and hopefully by the time we get back another fine spell will be happening.

Lads it is absolutely roasting out in Dublin! Now I'm going to say the opposite of yesterday, if you have blue skies get out and enjoy it, in case rain comes later on.

Looking west from NCD can already see the blanket cloud rolling in

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lovely morning in fairness but rain due to arrive around mid day so enjoy this!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Moderate rain here on the Kerry coast, eating my pancakes and warm apple syrup with the patio door open, nice backdrop sound to my favourite Spotify list , rain isn't all bad guys 🙂

18.2C

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Yeah, no doubt a big disappointment on a B/H and especially for those away on holiday, will see what way my enthusiasm is at 16.00 😆 ,for me the thing with Irish weather is the need to adapt as best as possible , not always easy and sometimes it sure becomes a burden especially being an outdoors person but having varied interests helps and if age has thought me anything it is that there is no point fighting the weather, it doesn't listen 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Persistent heavy rain has arrived in Castlebar. Very dark also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Very heavy rain in Galway for the last while and looks grim on the radar for the evening

Make the most of it is right, out in park since early morning.

Sun has gone here in NCD but still lovely and warm, everyone in their summer clothes.

I'll be heading home soon so don't mind then if rain comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Sunny start to the day and then the clouds set in. Fine misty mizzle in Waterford and the wind has picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭ascophyllum

Torrential rain in West Mayo right now, it'll be interesting to see the totals from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

On the opposite side all these stations recorded their hottest ever day in July c/o Met Eireann

Along with Phoenix Park, other stations have also provisionally observed their highest-ever temperatures yesterday:

• Casement Aerodrome, Co Dublin observed 31.9°C (12.1°C above its LTA) which is 9th highest overall
    • Mount Dillon, Co Roscommon observed 31.4°C (11.7°C above its LTA)
    • Gurteen, Co Tipperary observed 31°C (11.2°C above its LTA)
    • Ballyhaise, Co Cavan observed 30.8°C (11.0°C above its LTA)
    • Dunsany, Co Meath observed 30.5°C (11.0°C above its LTA)
    • Athenry, Co Galway observed 30.5°C (11.0°Cabove its LTA)
    • Mullingar, Co Westmeath observed 30.4°C (11.2°C above its LTA)
    • Dublin Airport, Co Dublin observed 29.6°C (10.2°C above its LTA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Grand soft day at Knock:Just about 1km Vis Rain Drizzle Fog and overcast at 200 feet

EIKN 011300Z 16009KT 130V190 1000 R26/0800D -RADZ FG OVC002 15/15 Q1011 TEMPO 0700 FG BKN 001

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

18.7mm recorded in one hour at Newport, Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Some amount of rain coming down. Very heavy at times.

Light rain in North Dublin. Nothing cataclysmic so far.

Heaviest of it seems to be on a line North of county Dublin according to the radar..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

21.9mm recorded on my station in Galway since it started this morning

Not getting huge rainfall here near Tralee but frequent bits of showers, certainly not a day for doing much outside, could be worse....... like the guy below getting stuck up the Connor Pass 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Bloody hell 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

13mm in the gauge today, thats almost an inch that fell since Saturday morning. Still 19c and feels very muggy outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Looking at some of the rainfall measurements for various stations in the west show how dry July was.

Mace Head was 39mm - 61mm in 2021. 116mm in 2020.

Shannon was 20.7mm - 85mm in 2021. 130mm in 2020.

Belmullet was 40mm - 57mm in 2021. 133mm in 2020.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Advertisement