Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Well, technically you've already spent the money so just leave it on your card. You say you don't use it very often so unlikely you'll spend it by accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Happened to me when I came back from France a few weeks back. Anywhere I used the physical card was reverted for the same reason. I waited a few days and then withdrew everything. A few days after ended up with a negative balance on the app so I just added the cash back and squared everything off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Which is what appears to have happened this morning. Transaction reapplied and everyone happy.

More of a curiosity than an issue really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭mel123

I cant find the straight answer in their t&c's etc.

I need some cash while in UK. If i withdraw from ATM, is there a charge? Any max amount or anything I should know?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

They finally released it back to me. What a bloody faff. Just ended up paying it thru my normal bank. Expensive but worked first time .

It's times like this I'm glad I was risk averse and didn't switch fully to Revolut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

--

Post edited by PTH2009 on

Sorry I'll try rewrite it soon

Mix of stress and dyslexia acting up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,782 ✭✭✭hynesie08

If I'm reading it right, he transferred AIB-Revolut-scammer, then the money ended up back in his AIB account, now his revolut is locked.

Seems like AIB possibly marked the revolut transfer as fraudulent and now revolut want the money back.

So last month my AIB Bank account was scammed. What happened was the fraudster talked me into transferring funds from my AIB account into my Revolut account, in which I did and transferred them through that method (Revolut transfer). I reported it too AIB and the guards as well as discussions with Revolut staff about the incident. Thankfully AIB were able to source it and refunded the funds back. Got new cards for both banks

So the last few weeks was able to transfer money from both no problems. Until last week I got a notification saying 'my Revolut account has been restricted and needs to be reviewed also nothing my balance was '- thousands'. Its seems to be a 'charge back process'. Simply no way I can afford too pay Revolut back the 'funds to them'

I'm currently stressed because over the last few weeks I have been exchanging funds to a different currency through Revolut for a upcoming holiday and I'm worried I'm going to lose the funds because of this or the account would still be 'locked' by the time it comes around.

It's a bit of a dose brought on by some dickhead of a scammer. More a fool for falling for it

Stressed is not the word

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

This is my worry with using revolut as a main bank what does it say up to 45 days?

Did you contact revolut to expedite it or is there any thing you can complain to Irish side to get it moving ?

Your AIB wasn't scammed though, the money left your account in a perfectly legal transaction, your revolut was the fraudulent transaction.

It sounds like AIB claimed the money back from revolut and now revolut are investigating, is your negative balance the amount you had minus how much you paid out?

Yep my € Revolut account is - the fraund amount and the balance I had on it last week

My £ Revolut account is +

Sounds like revolut have reclaimed the payment while they investigate, realistically AIB should have told you to deal with them since the AIB-revolut payment was legit, once revolut confirm the payment was fraudulent you should be ok, you did transfer to a bank account, not a Paypal or western union?

It would of been to another Revolut account

It's some nightmare, all started by someone cloning an AIB number

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Are customers indemnified if they willing transfer money to fraudsters?

@PTH2009 , I think you made a mistake contacting AIB in this. The fraud occured from your revolut account. From what you have said AIB had no part in the fraud.

As others have said, AIB has issued a chargeback against your revolut account and Revolut has now blocked your account as a result.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

I'd imagine the cloned number worked in his favour, these tend to come In the same chat as legit messages from the bank, it's in AIBs interest to solve these.

Yeah I can see how this has happened I think 2 people earlier in the thread got their's locked too so could be a worry, be interesting to see the turnaround time on this one to open it again.

I wouldn't have much activity anyway to have it locked, so not actually too worried about mine getting locked, wages coming in, bills going out is about it. I have kept a bit in the credit union just in case anyway.

I think in fairness, if you're doing a large chargeback because of being scammed, any bank is going to be doing a very thorough check of everything including a possible locking of the account. They have to be certain that you're not part of said scam yourself apart from anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭beachhead

Max withdrawal at most ATMs in UK is 500 Sterling.Maybe Revolut will abide by whatever the ATM you are using.

• Advertisement

You can withdraw the £500 no problem, it's just fees apply after £200 per month

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dmn22

Don't know if anyone has a solution for the below:

Created my Revolut Account in Ireland years ago, never any issues, I love the app.

Moved to Australia and setup an Australian bank account for my new job. I want to be able to top-up my Revolut with Australian Dollars via my Australian account but Revolut charges a high % to transfer funds as it's not from my Irish bank account. Revolut doesn't seem to allow you to change your country of residency so not sure how I could get around these high charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

You're probably topping up a EUR account. Just open an AUD account on Revolut and top up using an Australian bank card/account. This way currencies will match. Am I missing something else here?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dmn22

No that's where they add the charge for topping up.

Over a week and no new developments in the case other than a message saying 'the review is still ongoing'

That's a nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Had changed my direct debit for Hospital Saturday Fund, first time it was declined. 2nd time round it went through.

Still contemplating going with Credit Union current account anyway.

Nightmare dealing with the current incident

Revolut telling me go to AIB for updates but AIB telling me to go Revolut

Getting emails from Revolut saying 'they could possibly go to independent debt agency'. Not helping with the stress

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

Hi does anyone know if they use the Revolut app in the U.S.? Like is it possible to send money from Ireland to the U.S.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

10% off Amazon Prime with REVOLUT rewards

Advertisement