Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lop89

Hi,

Im looking for some guidance. I failed the situational test by a few points - has anyone ever done a recheck and know if it’s worth it?

I’m also trying to evaluate my next steps. I’m currently a CO and trying to find out if departments run many internal competitions for EO during the year, or are they rare?

I don’t know if I can wait another two years to go for these External/Internal competitions.

Any help/ guidance would be much appreciated! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭blondie007

The larger departments would definitely hold Internal Competitions regularly eg-Revenue, Social Welfare, Agriculture. Which department are you currently with ? I'm assuming you're on mobility-this may enable you to move to a bigger dept where you'll have more opportunities to move up faster than waiting for another external EO competition.

Regarding the recheck-can't help you there I'm afraid as I haven't heard of anyone ever requesting one but someone else on here may have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 katway

Was anyone else under the impression that the e-tray wasn’t going ahead this year? I’ve heard it from a couple of people that they’ve taken it off and presumed the situational judgment part of stage one covered this part. Could be completely wrong and just a rumour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

I actually thought the same until I came in here over the weekend. would be interested in getting the official word on this

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Iggy1986

I really hope you both are right, dreading doing the E tray again! Passed EO interview in 2018 but failed the E tray by 2 marks. Failed 2020 E tray by 8 marks 😭

I came in the top 500 in Dublin for this competition, I really hope this is my time. If there wasn’t an E tray again I would be over the moon! Don’t think it’s a fair assessment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Are they reliable sources? Was there no situational test in 2020?

I hope they’re reliable! I’ve done the last few campaigns and it’s the first time it’s been included in stage 1. In 2018 and 2020 the stage 1 score consisted of verbal, numerical and the questionnaire.

@Passenger I have heard from people working currently in the civil service and a friend who knows someone working for PAS, but again it wasn’t like a certain answer more of a ‘I think’ or ‘I heard’ and I’m pretty sure the e-tray was taken off the AP application process. Maybe we could email PAS to confirm but I doubt they would give much information.

The 2020 EO competition had the verbal, numerical and personality based questionnaire/psychometric testing, so I’m pretty sure the situational judgment was new to this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsallabit

Also interesting that no other information came with the results. They would generally give an indication of how many are being called to the next stage and mention the next stage. Don’t mind doing the etray but wouldn’t be sorry if I didn’t have to either. From what I’ve seen they can change the campaign format depending on needs as they did recently with both HEO and AO cut at least 2 stages of the competition and called people straight to interview, here’s hoping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

2019 had the personality questionnaire first, then numerical, verbal and e-tray together.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 thisprocessisnuts

Hi

I doubt it as I imagine it is calculated automatically via computer . Interested too though. I failed verbal reasoning by 16 points. Sat all 3 tests in the one setting so was brain fried by time I got to the verbal& interrupted too at the end od the test 😭.

i cant wait another 2 years either .

Numerical Reasoning

Maximum Score: 800

Qualifying Score: 390

Your Score: 557

Verbal Reasoning

Your Score: 374

Situational Judgement

Qualifying Score: 370

Your Score: 628

• Registered Users Posts: 13 thisprocessisnuts

Hi

I doubt it as I imagine it is calculated automatically via computer . Interested too though. I failed verbal reasoning by 16 points. Sat all 3 tests in the one setting so was brain fried by time I got to the verbal& interrupted too at the end od the test 😭.

i cant wait another 2 years either .

Numerical Reasoning

Your Score: 557

Verbal Reasoning

Your Score: 374

Situational Judgement

Qualifying Score: 370

Your Score: 628

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sea_l

I'm feeling a bit disheartened, my oom is in the low 600's for Dublin. I really thought I did OK in the tests. Is there any chance of getting any further or should I not get my hopes up?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭newbie18892

@sea_l thats a really good OOM for Dublin. I'm in the mid 500's myself. In the 2020 campaign my OOM was in the low 600s and I was called within a few months for e-tray

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mandik63

Hi all. I'm hoping someone can help. I've placed 46 on Interdepartmental and 91 on open for Laois. I'm wondering is there any point preparing for the next stage with those scores? I'm currently a CO just over 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Just1more

If I recall correctly someone currently in the civil service previously said in this thread that the intention was for the first EOs hired in this campaign to start work in September.

Does anyone know if this is still the plan or has it been delayed?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 shardor18

Thats what PAS said in the famiarisation document at the start. I cant see them assigning positions in Sept unless as others have mentioned they are skipping the etray and going straight to interviews which would be brilliant. Here's hoping 😊

People are being interviewed this week from the 2020 campaign...so looks like they will be placed first. September seems very unrealistic for 2022 campaign people to be placed and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Jammy2020

There was definitely mention of not placing anyone from the last panel after the 31st August

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Galgal2

Hope people don't mind me asking this but when I was applying I was torn between selecting 2 regional counties or selecting Dublin and another county. Those who finished in the top few hundred for Dublin what roughly was your total score (verbal & situational)? I would just be interested to see how I might have faired had I selected Dublin where there is probably a lot more positions.

Yes my friend has an interview this week. He's panicking that he won't be placed before end of August. That wud be particularly cruel if it was the case

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rebel90

109 for Cork fairly disgusted after the effort I made…. Hopefully a load of EOs decide to retire in Cork over next 12 months!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Aqu87

Hopefully moves quick

i scored just under 1,200 and placed inside the top 500 for Dublin. Hope this helps!

That's mad, I scored just over 1200 and OOM is under 150 for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nicole O.

Hi all, my OOM is 816 for interdepartmental, Dublin. What are are my chances? Will I ever get called for Stage 2? Just looking for some hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Govannan

I scored between 1100-1200 and got an OOM of early 400s.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Just1more

Don't write yourself off, it's still all to play for.

This is my first time applying so can't speak from experience on the e-tray, not sure how many people will slip down the ranks from it but I'd bet there will be a few.

Interviews are the real filter here (as with any hiring process) and you may well see yourself very highly ranked if you do reasonably well there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 JessG98

There must be no etray I just got an email about an interview being the next step and to express my interest in being interviewed

Advertisement